World-famous archaeologist to lead private tour of Egyptian sites
A unique Egyptian tour led a world-famous archaeologist is set to take visitors along with private access to some of the country’s most impressive sites and monuments that aren’t open to the public. The Royal Tour of Egypt is a two-week historical tour, with insight into the country’s culture and some of the region’s most impressive discoveries, from the Great Pyramids to the Valley of the Kings.
Visitors to Egypt this autumn will have the opportunity to not only see some of the country’s most notable sites but also possibly experience them in a way that isn’t usually available to the public. As explained in an article by writer Theodore Koumelis, published on Travel Daily News, one of the world’s most prominent archaeologists is leading private tours to some of Egypt’s most sensational sites and monuments, giving guests behind the scenes access to areas normally closed off to the public.
Dr. Zahi Hawass, who boasts 20 years of experience in Egyptian ruins and relics, is the force behind the Royal Tour of Egypt. This 14-day tour will takes guests along as Dr. Hawass offers up some archaeological insight into the Egyptian sites, with lectures and discussions that cap his personal experiences and research into everything from searching for the tombs of Cleopatra, to the Valley of the Kings and Tutankhamun. Along the way guests will stay in 5-star hotels and aboard a luxury Nile cruise ship, traveling from Cairo.
Supporters like Egyptian Tourism Authority UK Director Rasha Azaizi say it’s a premiere holiday experience:
“The Royal Tour represents a special opportunity for tourists to experience Egypt’s unique cultural landmarks, and there is no-one better than Dr. Hawass to guide guests on a tour of the country’s famous ancient history. We feel this will give tourists a once in a lifetime experience and an opportunity to wholly embrace the outstanding Egyptian culture.”
Featured destinations of the tour include Luxor Temple, Temple of Queen Hatchepsut, Edfu Temple, Abu Simbel and the Great Pyramids of Giza. Additional attractions on the itinerary are Karnak Temple, Valley of the Kings, Kom Ombo Temple and the Grand Egyptian Museum. According to Dr. Hawass:
“The Royal Tour invites guests to witness Egypt’s unique magic and mystery, these monuments belong to all of us and they will continue to captivate the imaginations of people from all around the globe.”
While the tour includes private, after-hours access to such sites as Luxor Temple at night, visitors will also gain entry into sites not open to the public at all, such as the Tombs of the Pyramid Builders at Giza and the enclosure of the Great Sphinx. Tour guests will also travel to the home of former Egyptian President Anwar El-Sadat to meet former First Lady, Mrs. Jehan Sadat.
The Royal Tour of Egypt begins in September, with six dates running through autumn of 2017. According to the tour’s official website the first two tours are sold out with just a handful of remaining opportunities for the third scheduled tour in February.
Renowned for its ancient temples, pyramids and longstanding culture and heritage, visitors choose Egypt as much for its history as its sites and attractions. The country is also a favourite for trying out modern restaurants and cafes, excursions to the desert, floating the Nile or shopping for souvenirs, including carpets, antiques and locally sourced spices and jewellery.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Enjoy a unique Nile Cruise on a comfortable ship featuring panoramic views of the Nile from your cabin
- The Swiss Inn Superior Radamis I is a first class Nile Cruise ship which offers a voyage of luxury and discovery
- Each of the spacious cabins offers comfortable furnishings and panoramic views of the Nile
- Amenities on board the Radamis I include a sundeck and pool, a fitness area and a restaurant which serves a variety of dishes
The ultimate Egyptian backdrop in the shadow of the only remaining ancient wonder of the world.
- Indulge the mind, body and spirit in Indulge spa. Take advantage of the steam room, sauna, whirlpool and chill out zones
- Set in landscaped gardens, equipped with two heated swimming pools and bar, Le Meridien enjoys spectacular views of the Pyramids, just a short drive from Cairo
- World famous dining with international, Mexican and Oriental menus to be savoured
Stay in comfortable cabins with air-conditioning and elegant dining rooms
- Benefit from the fabulous view of karnak, valley of the kingsand the temple of Philae
- Never waste a minute of your holiday with all night entertainment like the belly dancing show and other typical Egyptian performances
- Enjoy the large sun deck with loungers and a swimming pool a massage service is also available on the sundeck
Enjoy plenty of opportunities for relaxations and entertainment at this luxury all inclusive resort
- Make the most of your holiday with the on-site Pirates Diving School who offer a range of PADI courses suitable for all ages
- Indulge in some spectacular cuisines with a wide variety of 11 restaurants and bars to choose from
- Enjoy a relaxing day on the private beach or let loose with a host of water sports
Now you can stop imagining how it would be to visit the cradle of mankind and paddle along the legendary River Nile and...
Venture to the land of the Pharaohs of yore for an unforgettable eight days of leisure and adventure. Luxor is one of...
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
The popularity of the city of Luxor as one of the treasure troves of historical ruins in Egypt is well known. Grab this...
Experience the thrill of a jaunt to the famous Valley of the Kings as you explore one of Egypt's touristic gems, Luxor....
Enjoying a central location in Luxor, directly on the banks of the Nile and within 10 min walking distance from Luxor...