World-famous archaeologist to lead private tour of Egyptian sites
A unique Egyptian tour led a world-famous archaeologist is set to take visitors along with private access to some of the country’s most impressive sites and monuments that aren’t open to the public. The Royal Tour of Egypt is a two-week historical tour, with insight into the country’s culture and some of the region’s most impressive discoveries, from the Great Pyramids to the Valley of the Kings.
Visitors to Egypt this autumn will have the opportunity to not only see some of the country’s most notable sites but also possibly experience them in a way that isn’t usually available to the public. As explained in an article by writer Theodore Koumelis, published on Travel Daily News, one of the world’s most prominent archaeologists is leading private tours to some of Egypt’s most sensational sites and monuments, giving guests behind the scenes access to areas normally closed off to the public.
Dr. Zahi Hawass, who boasts 20 years of experience in Egyptian ruins and relics, is the force behind the Royal Tour of Egypt. This 14-day tour will takes guests along as Dr. Hawass offers up some archaeological insight into the Egyptian sites, with lectures and discussions that cap his personal experiences and research into everything from searching for the tombs of Cleopatra, to the Valley of the Kings and Tutankhamun. Along the way guests will stay in 5-star hotels and aboard a luxury Nile cruise ship, traveling from Cairo.
Supporters like Egyptian Tourism Authority UK Director Rasha Azaizi say it’s a premiere holiday experience:
“The Royal Tour represents a special opportunity for tourists to experience Egypt’s unique cultural landmarks, and there is no-one better than Dr. Hawass to guide guests on a tour of the country’s famous ancient history. We feel this will give tourists a once in a lifetime experience and an opportunity to wholly embrace the outstanding Egyptian culture.”
Featured destinations of the tour include Luxor Temple, Temple of Queen Hatchepsut, Edfu Temple, Abu Simbel and the Great Pyramids of Giza. Additional attractions on the itinerary are Karnak Temple, Valley of the Kings, Kom Ombo Temple and the Grand Egyptian Museum. According to Dr. Hawass:
“The Royal Tour invites guests to witness Egypt’s unique magic and mystery, these monuments belong to all of us and they will continue to captivate the imaginations of people from all around the globe.”
While the tour includes private, after-hours access to such sites as Luxor Temple at night, visitors will also gain entry into sites not open to the public at all, such as the Tombs of the Pyramid Builders at Giza and the enclosure of the Great Sphinx. Tour guests will also travel to the home of former Egyptian President Anwar El-Sadat to meet former First Lady, Mrs. Jehan Sadat.
The Royal Tour of Egypt begins in September, with six dates running through autumn of 2017. According to the tour’s official website the first two tours are sold out with just a handful of remaining opportunities for the third scheduled tour in February.
Renowned for its ancient temples, pyramids and longstanding culture and heritage, visitors choose Egypt as much for its history as its sites and attractions. The country is also a favourite for trying out modern restaurants and cafes, excursions to the desert, floating the Nile or shopping for souvenirs, including carpets, antiques and locally sourced spices and jewellery.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Ideal for those who love the sun and sea with its own private beach and marina, a professional diving centre, a water sports centre and swimming pools.
- A prime location, beside a lovely sandy beach, just minutes from buzz of downtown Hurghada
- Kids can enjoy their own kids' club and pool, whilst adults can play tennis, squash or beach volleyball
- Guests can unwind and enjoy the magnificent view from their private balcony
Relax at Naama Bay with pleasant grounds and wonderful amenities to keep you occupied
- Visitors flock to Pirates, for an eveing drink, before or after sampling some wonderful cuisine in the array of restaurants
- Prime spot in Naama bay, as it was one of the first hotels in the area. The grounds are well tended and mature, with colourful plants and shrubs throughout
- Guest accommodation is discrete, with low rise bungalows dotted throughout the beautiful garden setting. Rooms and suites are light and airy, are tastefully furnished and come with all modern amenities
Splash in the Red Sea, marvel at the marine life and enjoy the luxuries at this all suite Red Sea Beach resort
- Enjoy pure luxury at this all suite resort
- Rejuvenate your body and relax your mind in the Beautifully appointed Oberoi Spa
- Voted the No. 1 hotel in Hurghada by Trip Advisor
Enjoy access to 3 protected beaches, close proximity to the trendy strip of Naama Bay and its sizzling nightlife
- There is a myriad of activities on offer from relaxing treatments at the Club Olympus Spa to exciting land and water sports
- Choose from fantastic dining options including seasonal specialities, a charcoal grill, and Thai cuisine
- Adventure seekers can enjoy jeep safaris, quad bikes, mountain treks, and camel expeditions
Enjoy six days of sun and sand accompanied by uninterrupted leisure at Egypt's sought-after Sharm El Sheikh resort town...
Sharm El Sheikh is one of Egypt's best kept secrets. Spend six blissful days here enjoying the beauty of the Sinai...
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
Discover a submarine world filled with life while you enjoy the lush facilities and accommodations of the Hilton...
Seize this opportunity to explore the mystical land of Egypt as you spend a week next to the shores of the mighty Red...
Surprise yourself with a holiday on the shores of the Red Sea at Hurghada, one of Egypt's most sought-sfter resort...