Ocean by H10 hosts traditional Mayan ceremony for new Ocean Riviera Paradise in Mexico
Ocean by H10 Hotels will be opening a third new hotel in the Riviera Maya in Mexico. Ocean Riviera Paradise will officially open on 15th December, 2016, and last week it hosted a small group of guests at a traditional Jedz Lum ceremony that took place on the beach, The new hotel has 974 suites and Junior Suites, and luxury facilities including five pools, nine restaurants and 13 bars and lounges
Ocean by H10 Hotels will be adding another hotel to its Mexico collection, as the hotel group prepares to open the Ocean Riviera Paradise later this year. Located in the Riviera Maya near Cancun, the hotel welcomed a small group of guests last week to attend a traditional Jedz Lum ceremony on the seashore.
The Mayan Priest Luis Nah held a ceremony on the beach for the hotel which has embraced its natural surroundings, and is protecting endemic plants with the help of a plant sanctuary. During the ceremony the priest spoke about the importance of harmonising the new hotel with nature, and explained about the knowledge the ancient Mayan people had about the natural earth. Local plants and flowers will be relocated to create beautiful gardens surrounding the five-star resort. A new plant nursery will house native species including Bromeliads, Xiat, Nacax, Yaite, and Chico Zapote.
Alejandro González Pou, the Director of Operations for Ocean Hotels by H10, explained:
“Before opening the doors to the public, the objective is to preserve the ancestral traditions of the Mayan Culture as well as to promote the importance of respect towards the locality where Ocean Riviera Paradise will soon start to operate, as well as where more than 10,000 endemic plants were rescued over a period of six years.”
Ocean Riviera Paradise will officially open to guests on 15th December, 2016 and it will be an all-inclusive hotel with 974 suites and Junior Suites. Holidaymakers will be able to swim in five pools, including a children’s pool; enjoy international culinary delights across nine gourmet restaurants; and relax with a range of soft and alcoholic drinks in 13 indoor and outdoor bars, lounges, and coffee shops.
The Despacio Spa Centre has a wide range of ancient Mayan treatments and beauty therapies, and the Dive It! Diving centre offers professional scuba diving lessons and water activities such as snorkelling and kayaking. For entertainment, there’s a theatre with regular shows, a nightclub, a bowling alley and a casino, and guests can keep fit with aqua aerobics classes, football, volleyball, and dance classes.
Ocean by H10 Hotels now operates three hotels in the Cancun area: Ocean Coral & Turquesa, Ocean Maya Royale, and the new Ocean Riviera Paradise. The hotel brand was established in 2007 by H10 Hotels and Vacancies Air Transat, and it operates hotels and resorts across Mexico, Cuba, and the Dominican Republic.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget, why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Spoil yourself rotten with a pampering holiday at one of Cancun's most luxurious all inclusive resorts, with a long list of fully-included facilities, activities and services - everyone in the family is guaranteed to be pleased!
- Just 30 minutes away from Xcaret Park, an Ecological & Archaeological Theme Park with various family activities
- Explorer's Club for ages 3-12 and Core Zone for ages 9-17 provide a whole host of activities from euro-bungee to big screen movies on the beach
- Book now and Enjoy a fantastic upgrade to Preferred Club Junior Suite Tropical View Room and gain various added values including Upgraded mini-bar service and bath amenities
- As well as food & beverages, Unlimited-Luxury includes theme parties, daytime and evening entertainment and all the activities at the kids and teens clubs
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Boutique-style guestrooms with ocean views and luxury amenities
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
The Riviera Maya has long been one of the touristic gems of the Americas. The Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun is set just...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...