Ocean by H10 hosts traditional Mayan ceremony for new Ocean Riviera Paradise in Mexico
Ocean by H10 Hotels will be opening a third new hotel in the Riviera Maya in Mexico. Ocean Riviera Paradise will officially open on 15th December, 2016, and last week it hosted a small group of guests at a traditional Jedz Lum ceremony that took place on the beach, The new hotel has 974 suites and Junior Suites, and luxury facilities including five pools, nine restaurants and 13 bars and lounges
Ocean by H10 Hotels will be adding another hotel to its Mexico collection, as the hotel group prepares to open the Ocean Riviera Paradise later this year. Located in the Riviera Maya near Cancun, the hotel welcomed a small group of guests last week to attend a traditional Jedz Lum ceremony on the seashore.
The Mayan Priest Luis Nah held a ceremony on the beach for the hotel which has embraced its natural surroundings, and is protecting endemic plants with the help of a plant sanctuary. During the ceremony the priest spoke about the importance of harmonising the new hotel with nature, and explained about the knowledge the ancient Mayan people had about the natural earth. Local plants and flowers will be relocated to create beautiful gardens surrounding the five-star resort. A new plant nursery will house native species including Bromeliads, Xiat, Nacax, Yaite, and Chico Zapote.
Alejandro González Pou, the Director of Operations for Ocean Hotels by H10, explained:
“Before opening the doors to the public, the objective is to preserve the ancestral traditions of the Mayan Culture as well as to promote the importance of respect towards the locality where Ocean Riviera Paradise will soon start to operate, as well as where more than 10,000 endemic plants were rescued over a period of six years.”
Ocean Riviera Paradise will officially open to guests on 15th December, 2016 and it will be an all-inclusive hotel with 974 suites and Junior Suites. Holidaymakers will be able to swim in five pools, including a children’s pool; enjoy international culinary delights across nine gourmet restaurants; and relax with a range of soft and alcoholic drinks in 13 indoor and outdoor bars, lounges, and coffee shops.
The Despacio Spa Centre has a wide range of ancient Mayan treatments and beauty therapies, and the Dive It! Diving centre offers professional scuba diving lessons and water activities such as snorkelling and kayaking. For entertainment, there’s a theatre with regular shows, a nightclub, a bowling alley and a casino, and guests can keep fit with aqua aerobics classes, football, volleyball, and dance classes.
Ocean by H10 Hotels now operates three hotels in the Cancun area: Ocean Coral & Turquesa, Ocean Maya Royale, and the new Ocean Riviera Paradise. The hotel brand was established in 2007 by H10 Hotels and Vacancies Air Transat, and it operates hotels and resorts across Mexico, Cuba, and the Dominican Republic.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- The proximity to the "best-preserved Mayan ruins in the Western Hemisphere"
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Stay in an adults only Uultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Unlimited-Luxury privileges include gourmet dining at 7 restaurants and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 8 bars
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Cancun is one of the most sought-after beachside resorts in the world. Make this your next holiday destination and revel...
Enjoy the best of Cancun in an eight-day retreat that will both relax and energise you completely. Your home for your...
For the ideal combination of natural beauty and fun-filled activities, look no further than Sunscape Sabor Cozumel....
Immerse yourself in eight divine days of delight at the Occidental Cozumel in Playa San Francisco. Sit back and relax in...