Velas Vallarta resort in Mexico launches new Sea Turtle Experience
Nature enthusiasts will be able to take part in a rewarding sea turtle experience at the Velas Vallarta resort in Puerto Vallarta in Mexico. The hotel has launched a new programme that allows guest to take part in conservation activities including cleaning hatching nests, going on nesting patrol, supporting hatching releases, and receiving conservation training.
The Velas Vallarta resort in Mexico has launched a brand new experience for guests who want to help protect the precious sea turtles. The new programme is available to guests between June and December, and they will receive conservation training and help release hatched turtles back into the sea.
Taking place onsite at the EarthCheck-certified Gold resort in Puerto Vallarta, holidaymakers will have the chance to learn about sea turtles through talks and by taking part in activities such as cleaning nests after turtles have hatched, releasing the turtles and going on nesting patrol with the professional conservation team. The sea turtle programmes meet the requirements under Mexican legislation on the conservation and protection of the marine creatures.
When guests have attended the talk about marine conservation and sea turtle biology, they will receive a ‘Sea Turtle Team In-Training’ T-shirt. They will then be able to take part in a release where they are each given a turtle hatchling at sunset and they will join the biologist on the beach. Standing behind a rope that is placed five metres from the water’s edge, guests will then release their sea turtles onto the sand and watch them make their way into the sea.
Groups of 10 can accompany the biologist on the beach for nesting patrol between 9pm and 11pm to look out for female sea turtles making nests on the beach. Staying a safe distance from the turtle while she lays her eggs, guests will then be invited to help collect eggs once they are hatched and take them back to the hotel’s hatchery.
During their stay at the all-inclusive resort, holidaymakers can enjoy eco-tours where they will learn about the resort’s surrounding natural habitat, how composting keeps plants healthy, the impact of reducing pesticide chemicals, waste management, and the effectiveness of solar panels. They will also have the chance to meet the hotel’s resident peacocks and injured wild birds in the special enclosures.
Located on the beachfront in Banderas Bay with views looking out across the sea to the Sierra Madre Mountains, Velas Vallarta is a luxury family-friendly resort with an array of accommodation options ranging from budget studios to three-bedroom suites. There are plenty of facilities to enjoy, including three swimming pools; a Kids Club with Xbox stations and air hockey; a fitness centre, yoga classes, and tennis courts; a spa with three treatment rooms and beachfront spa cabanas; and gourmet restaurants that serve Mexican, French, Asian and Spanish culinary delights.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at this beautiful retreat.
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Chic guest rooms feature plush furnishings and ultra modern bathrooms, as well as fantastic amenities
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- Go for the Unlimited-Luxury Experience at one of Mexico's most coveted all-inclusive resorts
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...