Velas Vallarta resort in Mexico launches new Sea Turtle Experience
Nature enthusiasts will be able to take part in a rewarding sea turtle experience at the Velas Vallarta resort in Puerto Vallarta in Mexico. The hotel has launched a new programme that allows guest to take part in conservation activities including cleaning hatching nests, going on nesting patrol, supporting hatching releases, and receiving conservation training.
The Velas Vallarta resort in Mexico has launched a brand new experience for guests who want to help protect the precious sea turtles. The new programme is available to guests between June and December, and they will receive conservation training and help release hatched turtles back into the sea.
Taking place onsite at the EarthCheck-certified Gold resort in Puerto Vallarta, holidaymakers will have the chance to learn about sea turtles through talks and by taking part in activities such as cleaning nests after turtles have hatched, releasing the turtles and going on nesting patrol with the professional conservation team. The sea turtle programmes meet the requirements under Mexican legislation on the conservation and protection of the marine creatures.
When guests have attended the talk about marine conservation and sea turtle biology, they will receive a ‘Sea Turtle Team In-Training’ T-shirt. They will then be able to take part in a release where they are each given a turtle hatchling at sunset and they will join the biologist on the beach. Standing behind a rope that is placed five metres from the water’s edge, guests will then release their sea turtles onto the sand and watch them make their way into the sea.
Groups of 10 can accompany the biologist on the beach for nesting patrol between 9pm and 11pm to look out for female sea turtles making nests on the beach. Staying a safe distance from the turtle while she lays her eggs, guests will then be invited to help collect eggs once they are hatched and take them back to the hotel’s hatchery.
During their stay at the all-inclusive resort, holidaymakers can enjoy eco-tours where they will learn about the resort’s surrounding natural habitat, how composting keeps plants healthy, the impact of reducing pesticide chemicals, waste management, and the effectiveness of solar panels. They will also have the chance to meet the hotel’s resident peacocks and injured wild birds in the special enclosures.
Located on the beachfront in Banderas Bay with views looking out across the sea to the Sierra Madre Mountains, Velas Vallarta is a luxury family-friendly resort with an array of accommodation options ranging from budget studios to three-bedroom suites. There are plenty of facilities to enjoy, including three swimming pools; a Kids Club with Xbox stations and air hockey; a fitness centre, yoga classes, and tennis courts; a spa with three treatment rooms and beachfront spa cabanas; and gourmet restaurants that serve Mexican, French, Asian and Spanish culinary delights.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Stay in an adults only Uultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Unlimited-Luxury privileges include gourmet dining at 7 restaurants and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 8 bars
Let the Caribbean sunshine make you glow from the inside out when you stay at Cancun's Golden Parnassus resort - a truly luxurious all inclusive retreat where you'll be wanting for nothing.
- Take advantage of the superb facilities and enjoy a range of activities including water sports, mini golf and tennis
- A luxury all inclusive resort offering a relaxing adults-only environment ideal for a pampering beach holiday or romantic honeymoon
- Ideal location set by a beautiful white sand beach in Cancun with sweeping views of the Mexican Caribbean
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Cancun is one of the most sought-after beachside resorts in the world. Make this your next holiday destination and revel...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Enjoy the best of Cancun in an eight-day retreat that will both relax and energise you completely. Your home for your...
For the ideal combination of natural beauty and fun-filled activities, look no further than Sunscape Sabor Cozumel....
Immerse yourself in eight divine days of delight at the Occidental Cozumel in Playa San Francisco. Sit back and relax in...