Velas Vallarta resort in Mexico launches new Sea Turtle Experience
Nature enthusiasts will be able to take part in a rewarding sea turtle experience at the Velas Vallarta resort in Puerto Vallarta in Mexico. The hotel has launched a new programme that allows guest to take part in conservation activities including cleaning hatching nests, going on nesting patrol, supporting hatching releases, and receiving conservation training.
The Velas Vallarta resort in Mexico has launched a brand new experience for guests who want to help protect the precious sea turtles. The new programme is available to guests between June and December, and they will receive conservation training and help release hatched turtles back into the sea.
Taking place onsite at the EarthCheck-certified Gold resort in Puerto Vallarta, holidaymakers will have the chance to learn about sea turtles through talks and by taking part in activities such as cleaning nests after turtles have hatched, releasing the turtles and going on nesting patrol with the professional conservation team. The sea turtle programmes meet the requirements under Mexican legislation on the conservation and protection of the marine creatures.
When guests have attended the talk about marine conservation and sea turtle biology, they will receive a ‘Sea Turtle Team In-Training’ T-shirt. They will then be able to take part in a release where they are each given a turtle hatchling at sunset and they will join the biologist on the beach. Standing behind a rope that is placed five metres from the water’s edge, guests will then release their sea turtles onto the sand and watch them make their way into the sea.
Groups of 10 can accompany the biologist on the beach for nesting patrol between 9pm and 11pm to look out for female sea turtles making nests on the beach. Staying a safe distance from the turtle while she lays her eggs, guests will then be invited to help collect eggs once they are hatched and take them back to the hotel’s hatchery.
During their stay at the all-inclusive resort, holidaymakers can enjoy eco-tours where they will learn about the resort’s surrounding natural habitat, how composting keeps plants healthy, the impact of reducing pesticide chemicals, waste management, and the effectiveness of solar panels. They will also have the chance to meet the hotel’s resident peacocks and injured wild birds in the special enclosures.
Located on the beachfront in Banderas Bay with views looking out across the sea to the Sierra Madre Mountains, Velas Vallarta is a luxury family-friendly resort with an array of accommodation options ranging from budget studios to three-bedroom suites. There are plenty of facilities to enjoy, including three swimming pools; a Kids Club with Xbox stations and air hockey; a fitness centre, yoga classes, and tennis courts; a spa with three treatment rooms and beachfront spa cabanas; and gourmet restaurants that serve Mexican, French, Asian and Spanish culinary delights.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Boutique-style guestrooms with ocean views and luxury amenities
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Adults only resort promising great parties and only 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
Get up to $3600 resort credits to spend on luxurious extras like spa treatments, golf, excursions and so much more!
- Stay for 10 Nights or more and up to 2 kids up to the age of 12 stay free
- Relax and rejuvenate at the world-class spa with 75 treatment rooms
- Dine at a wide choice of restaurants specialising in Italian, Asian and Mexican cuisine
- Enjoy Up to $3600 resort credit to spend on spa, excursions, golf and more
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...