Boutique hotels provide unique options in Riviera Nayarit
In a place known for its massive all-inclusive resorts Mexico's Riviera Nayarit puts forth some unique and more authentic options, boutique hotels that cater to a more personal experience. Three locations have emerged as among the most interesting choices, with impressive accommodations and luxurious, private features.
While some travellers come to Mexico in search of all-inclusive hotels filled with predesigned experiences others seek out a unique adventure all their own, finding it within some of the region’s impressive boutique properties.
Author Dawna Robertson recently revealed three such options at home along Mexico’s Riviera Nayarit in an article published on TravelPulse.
Located on the Pacific coast of Mexico, Riviera Nayarit is described as an area rich with boutique hotels, bed and breakfasts and eco-tourism inns. Robertson outlines some of the more interesting choices she found following a recent visit to the region.
Casitas del Mar
The small fishing village of Bucerias is home to the gated Casitas del Mar, filled with uniquely decorated casitas accented by items the owners collected during their own Mexican travels. The casitas are also outfitted with kitchen appliances, utensils, dinnerware and bottled water.
Each cottage includes al fresco dining on a private patio as well as room for indoor dining. In addition, common areas for guests to gather include the landscaped courtyard, wet bar, gazebo and mosaic tiled swimming pool. Guests also enjoy views of five-miles of beachfront property ideal for surfing, boogie boarding, bodysurfing and swimming.
The area is located close to nearby coffee shops, casual dining spots and a market, as well as the recently paved streets of Main Square. Casitas for two people start at $110 per night through October and four people can stay for just under $200.
Hotel Cielo Rojo
The next featured location is Hotel Cielo Rojo, found in the small beach town of San Pancho. With only nine guest rooms, the rest of the three-floor property is filled with a reception area and Bistro Organico, which serves up a complimentary breakfast to guests. The restaurant also presents fresh seafood and locally sourced and organic ingredients.
Visitors dine on a varied diet of fresh fish caught by local fishermen daily. From the bar, the author recommends a drink called Fuc-tonic, made with coconut water, ginger root, turmeric and lime.
Noted for its low-key, relaxing surroundings the property is decorated with Mexican artwork. There are single and double guest rooms along with some suites available. Priced from $130 per night, the rooms include free Wi-Fi and are air-conditioned.
First opened about a decade ago the hotel was recently granted Mexico Boutique Hotels status, a superb designation that requires five years of certification to attain.
With impressive views of the Sierra Madre Mountains and Banderas Bay, Villa Bella offers a mere half-dozen suites, filled with exclusivity and tasteful designs. Grown from a private home, the owners take the experience they gleaned from working at larger Mexican hotels and constructed their own property.
Known for its colourful gardens, all of the villa-style suites include their own private bathrooms, private balconies and kitchenettes. As well, the rooms are air conditioned with a television and are pet-friendly.
Vila Bella is located in La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, a small fishing town, and most guests book about a week at a time, with some guests choosing to stay for several months. Nighty rates through October range up to $220 with some seasonal promotions available too. Villa Bella provides complimentary breakfast for guests, a lap pool, housekeeping service and guests may request spa treatments.
Other than these three properties, other top boutique-style accommodations the author recommends in the region include Imanta Resort Punta de Mita, Sayulita’s Haramara Retreat for yoga enthusiasts, the organic farm of Mar de Jade in Chacala and Punta de Mita’s Hotel Cinco.
Quickly emerging as one of Mexico’s most desirable destinations for tourists, the Nayarit Riviera offers visitors a taste of rural Mexico; noted for its strong surf, charming towns, warm climate and miles of coastline. Visitors commonly enjoy dining on fresh seafood, taking in native wildlife and basking in the beauty of virtually untouched, natural scenery.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget, why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Enjoy fantastic discounts when travelling with kids
- Enjoy fantastic discounts when travelling with kids
- Boutique-style guestrooms with ocean views and luxury amenities
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Book now and Enjoy a fantastic upgrade to Preferred Club Junior Suite Pool View Room and gain various added values including Upgraded mini-bar service and bath amenities
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- Go for the Unlimited-Luxury Experience at one of Mexico's most coveted all-inclusive resorts
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...
A picturesque city on Mexico's Caribbean Sea coastline, Playa del Carmen is the perfect getaway for both families and...