Ras Al Khaimah TDA becomes member of Pacific Asia Travel Association
The Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority (TDA) has become a member of the Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA). The membership will help the United Arab Emirate establish itself as a destination for adventure travellers, families, friends and couples from Asia Pacific, in particular India China. Ras Al Khaimah has set a target of one million international visitors by the end of 2018.
In a bid to attract more travellers, the Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority (TDA) has become a member of the Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA). The tourism authority’s aims to meets its target of one million international visitors by 2018.
By becoming a member of PATA, the Ras Al Khaimah tourism organisation is looking to showcase the emirate to Asia-Pacific travellers as a destination for sunshine, adventure, romance and family activities. The TDA has a particular interest in attracting travellers from emerging markets such as India and China.
Mario Hardy, the CEO of Pacific Asia Travel Association stated:
“As our newest government member Ras Al Khaimah now has a much better opportunity to achieve their growth target of 2.9m visitors by 2025 by connecting with many of our members and by showcasing their destination to a much broader audience. This is particularly relevant for the Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority in their bid to highlight the many authentic cultural, historical and natural Arabian experiences.”
The CEO of Ras Al Khaimah TDA, Haitham Mattar, added that the tourism authority is keen to build partnerships with foreign markets that will help them achieve their goal of one million visitors by 2018. As India and China emerge as new markets, a new deal has been signed by the TDA with China’s online travel agency, Ctrip, and India’s Cox and Kings agency.
Ras Al Khaimah is the most northern emirate in the United Arab Emirates in the Middle East. The destination is becoming an increasingly popular place for business and leisure travellers, particularly those who love adventures sports. With soaring mountains that are perfect for hiking and climbing, a vast red desert for exciting dune buggy rides, and sparkling blue lagoons where holidaymakers can swim and snorkel, the country is a haven for thrill-seekers.
As tourism numbers steadily climb year on year, the United Kingdom and India are the fastest growing international source markets, with visitor arrivals increasing by 24.7 per cent and 80 per cent respectively. Earlier this year, tourism officials announced the launch of the "Vision for 2018" campaign that will promote Ras Al Khaimah as a destination for international and regional travellers.
Ras Al Khaimah’s Tourism Development Authority is looking to attract 820,000 travellers by the end of 2016. 900,000 visitors in 2017, and one million by 2018. More than 3,600 new rooms in four and five-star hotels and serviced apartments are planned to open in the emirate by 2019.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Ras Al Khaimah Browse all
Get the royal treatment at an exclusive island retreat where everything is designed with your ultimate pampering in mind.
- Add a VIP package, including No.1 Gatwick Lounge Access, Dubai Airport Fast Track and tickets to Burj Khalifa, from Â£99 per person
- Create a true sensory experience with tailored treatments, relaxing massages, traditional Turkish and Moroccan Hammams
- Explore local wildlife beauty with discovery walks, traditional camel rides, rock climbing, desert safaris and more
- Sink into spacious rooms and suites set in sophisticated Moorish design and featuring first-class amenities
Enjoy a varied selection of fun activities and evening entertainment at an outstandingly beautiful beach and golf resort.
- Luxuriate at the Spa and select from an array of water sports while children have fun at the Kids' Club
- FAMILY PACKAGES from £ 1649 for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Offering a big variety of activities and facilities to meet the needs of all sort of travellers
- Abundance of fun activities such as jet-skiing or relax in one of two luxury spas
- With 650-meter private beach, 5 temperature-controlled swimming pools, 24-hour Fitness Center that will make your trip unforgetable experience
- Up to 2 children eat and stay for free!
Enjoy a varied selection of sports activities and evening entertainments
- Relax by the resort's infinity pool overlooking the clear waters of the ocean and providing cool leisure and refreshments
- Rejuvenate your mind, body and spirit with the magical touch of various spa treatments
- Discover the fascinating ancient desert art while learning about falconry in an exclusive session with a professional falconer
With a good choice of amenities, surrounded by landscaped gardens and an 18-hole golf course, Hilton Al Hamra Beach is a...
Located on the man-made island of Al Marjan, Rixos Bab Al Bahr lies near Ras Al Khaimah. Everything from tourist...
If you need to escape the world, even for just a weekend, the Cove Rotana Resort in Ras Al Khaimah is the perfect hotel...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...
Pamper yourself at Al Hamra Village Golf & Beach resort - one the most picturesque resorts of Ras Al Khaimah. The hotel...
With breathe taking views of the Persian Gulf and Marjan Island, al hamra residence is neatly nestled in between a...