Yellow Bird Hotel receives 7th annual Certificate of Excellence
For the seventh year in a row a noted Barbados hotel has been honoured with the Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor. The award is handed out based on the number and quality of reviews that travellers submit to TripAdvisor during a one-year span, noting the hotel continually maintains a high customer experience and overall rating.
Praised for its high and consistent rating and its focus on delivering an impressive customer experience, the Yellow Bird Hotel in Barbados was recently recognized once again by TripAdvisor for excellence. As detailed in an online article posted to Intimate Hotels of Barbados, the group congratulated its hotel member for the high honour.
This is the seventh year in a row that Yellow Bird Hotel has earned the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence. The award is handed out for exemplary and frequent travel reviews over a 12-month span submitted on TripAdvisor. To receive the award, hotels, attractions or restaurants all over the globe must keep an overall bubble rating of at least four with TripAdvisor and consistently produce a quality experience for customers.
Located only about 10 kilometres from Bridgetown and a mere 7 kilometres from the airport, the Yellow Bird Hotel is found along Barbados’ southern coast in St. Lawrence Gap. This boutique hotel has been recently renovated, with sensational views overlooking the bay and its exquisite sunsets.
Last summer Yellow Bird was refurbished with a more than one-million dollar investment going to improve all pubic areas of the hotel, including the reception and lobby area, restaurant, the exterior of the building and restrooms. As well, the individual guest rooms were also updated to include such high-end features as granite countertops, porcelain tile and large LED televisions. The newly refurbished rooms also include locally produced, original artwork.
Marketed as a premiere holiday destination or even wedding venue in Barbados, Yellow Bird Hotel touts its extra guest amenities such as the kitchenettes, air conditioning and free Wi-Fi, along with its balconies or terraces and comfortable accommodations. The hotel’s deluxe studio guest room features a king-sized bed and a double-sized sofa bed, completed by closets and kitchen appliances such as a microwave, stove, toaster and refrigerator.
For 2016 about one-quarter of the award winners were in accommodations, while the remaining recipients included restaurants and attractions. Along with maintaining a high TripAdvisor bubble rating and having a certain number of reviews posted, the location must also have been up on TripAdvisor for at least one year. Lodging establishments honoured this year included everything from small bed and breakfasts to large hotels.
One of the most desirable destinations for travellers to the Caribbean, Barbados offers a wealth of luxurious properties set amidst stunning backdrops. From sophisticated options to unpretentious island appeal, you will find it all possible on your holiday to beautiful Barbados.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Enjoy Barbados at the perfect base on the south coast, stay in Worthing Court Apartment Hotel on beautiful Worthing Beach
- Situated across the road from the stunning Worthing Beach
- Comfortable and equipped units with air conditioning, a daily maid service and a balcony/patio
- Short walk away from shops, restaurants, sporting facilities, supermarkets, bars, night clubs and the beautiful Worthing Beach
The Rostrevor Hotel is a great value, family-run hotel on a prime beachfront setting in St Lawrence Gap , the fashionable and lively strip of Barbados
- Easy access to the shops, bars & restaurants of fashionable St. Lawrence Gap
- One of the most affordable self-catering hotels in Barbados
- Boasts several Trip Advisor Certificates of Excellence and a 2016 Travellers' Choice Award
Be perfectly positioned just a heartbeat away from all the action in Bridgetown and The Gap at Coconut Court Beach Hotel
- The family run hotel prides itself on the exceptionally friendly welcome staff extend to all guests
- FREE transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- Free room upgrade to next available room
- Savings of upto 45% now available plus up to two children stay and play FREE
Bask in glorious Caribbean sunshine at Ocean Two Resort & Residences and let every ounce of stress melt away as you gaze at the stunning turquoise waters lapping up the sparkling white sands.
- Summer 18 Sale now on with savings of upto 45% and complimentary Breakfast in any Bedroom Suites
- All apartment suites boast large sitting rooms, contemporary kitchens, flat-screen TVs and spectacular ocean views
- Adults Only Rooftop pool with panoramic views of Barbados and the Sea
- Located in St. Lawrence Gap on Dover Beach in Barbados' southern coast where plenty of restaurant, shops and bars are available
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Take a step back from day-to-day life and submerge in the peace and tranquillity that can be found at the fantastic...
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Travellers Palm...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...