Hotel occupancy levels in Ras Al Khaimah up by 18 per cent
Hotel occupancy rates in Ras Al Khaimah increased by 18 per cent in the first three months of 2016, compared to the same period last year, according to the Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority. The emirate is looking to attract one million visitors by the end of 2018, and to do this, several developments are underway to provide more hotel rooms to keep up with demand.
Figures released by the Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority (RAKTDA) have revealed that hotel occupancy rates in the emirate increased by 18 per cent year on year. During the first three months of 2016, hotel occupancy levels were at 71 per cent.
The figures are keeping in line with the tourism authority’s plan to attract one million visitors by the end of 2018. To keep up with demand, more than 3,000 rooms are planned across 12 hotels in Ras Al Khaimah by 2019. At present, there are more than 5,000 rooms in 41 hotels and resorts across the emirate, and year on year, there has been 9.2 per cent increase in revenue per room. Haitham Mattar, the CEO of Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority, stated:
“As part of our tourism strategy to attract one million visitors to Ras Al Khaimah by the end of 2018, we place great importance on diversifying our source markets and creating sustainable tourism growth. We recently launched our new brand positioning which highlights Ras Al Khaimah’s natural assets, luxurious indulgence, range of activities for different types of travellers, and authentic Arabian heritage and culture.”
In the months between January and April, 2016, Ras Al Khaimah recorded a 37 per cent increase in visitors from India, the fourth largest international source market for the emirate. RAKTDA recently carried out campaigns and roadshows with Indian travel trade partners to attract more business and leisure visitors from India.
Until now, Ras Al Khaimah has been one of the lesser-known of the seven United Arab Emirates, with luxury destinations like Abu Dhabi and Dubai stealing the limelight. However, the small northern emirate is emerging as a leading tourist destination due to its increase of hotels and promotion of its magnificent natural wonders.
The emirate is a hotspot for adventure-lovers due its access to the beautiful mountains, red sandy desert, green plains, creeks and lagoons, and 64 kilometres of coast line with pristine white sandy beaches.
Conveniently located just 45 minutes from Dubai International Airport, RAK is an ideal destination for business travellers and leisure travellers, including those who love outdoor activities. Home to the highest mountain in the UAE, huge mountains, vast red sandy desert, green plains, creeks and lagoons, and 64 kilometres of coastline that is dotted with unspoilt white sandy beaches, the emirate is attracting more nature-lovers and adventure enthusiasts.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Ras Al Khaimah Browse all
Get the royal treatment at an exclusive island retreat where everything is designed with your ultimate pampering in mind.
- Add a VIP package, including No.1 Gatwick Lounge Access, Dubai Airport Fast Track and tickets to Burj Khalifa, from Â£99 per person
- Create a true sensory experience with tailored treatments, relaxing massages, traditional Turkish and Moroccan Hammams
- Explore local wildlife beauty with discovery walks, traditional camel rides, rock climbing, desert safaris and more
- Sink into spacious rooms and suites set in sophisticated Moorish design and featuring first-class amenities
Leave your daily stress behind and enjoy a romantic escape with spectacular views of the Arabian Gulf in Ras Al Khaimah
- Elegant and spacious rooms that will provide ultimate comfort
- Enjoy the 800-metre private sandy beach offering various water sports
- Family packages for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
Enjoy a varied selection of fun activities and evening entertainment at an outstandingly beautiful beach and golf resort.
- Luxuriate at the Spa and select from an array of water sports while children have fun at the Kids' Club
- Footsteps from the silky sands of Ras Al Khaimah's coastline
- Up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Plush accommodation, sumptuous interiors, lavish facilities and outstanding fine dining experiences come together for the ultimate luxury holiday of a lifetime.
- Explore the stunning beach at Ras Al Khaimah
- Up to 2 children eat and stay for free
- Take advantage of the 350m stretch of private beach and great range of outdoor activities with the chance to play golf under the stars
With a good choice of amenities, surrounded by landscaped gardens and an 18-hole golf course, Hilton Al Hamra Beach is a...
Located on the man-made island of Al Marjan, Rixos Bab Al Bahr lies near Ras Al Khaimah. Everything from tourist...
Located on the stunning south east cost of the Arabian Peninsula, the Smartline Beach Resort Ras Al Khaimah enjoys its...
Beautify designed Acacia Hotel By Bin Majid Hotels and Resorts is located in the business district of Ras Al Khaimah...
Pamper yourself at Al Hamra Village Golf & Beach resort - one the most picturesque resorts of Ras Al Khaimah. The hotel...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...