Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda hotel in Punta Cana to become adults-only
The Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection in Punta Cana will become an adults-only hotel, according to an announcement from the Ministry of Tourism. The all-inclusive hotel on Arena Gorda Beach has 570 guest rooms and suites, as well as six restaurants and two swimming pools, and the new changes will come into effect from January, 2017.
The family-friendly Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection hotel in the Dominican Republic is to become an adults-only resort. In a statement from the Ministry of Tourism, the hotel’s changes will come into effect in January, 2017.
Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana, the all-inclusive hotel has 570 guest rooms and suites, and an array of facilities that have catered for all ages over the years. It is not yet known why the hotel will make the transition from family to adults-only, or what changes will be made to the hotel.
Guests staying at the hotel can swim in two pools, savour delicious international food in six dining outlets, and relax with refreshing soft and alcoholic drinks in eight bars and lounges, or work out in the fitness centre. The all-inclusive concept allows guests to enjoy unlimited food and premium drinks, as well as an array of other complimentary amenities.
Accommodation is spacious and comes with private terraces, and guest can enjoy butler service during their stay. Modern in-room amenities include hydromassage bathtubs, separate showers, air conditioning, flat-screen TVs, minibars that are restocked daily, coffee machines, 24-hour room service, and 24 hours complimentary wireless internet throughout the resort.
The all-inclusive system allows holidaymakers to enjoy towels for the beach or pool, exclusive beach bar service, minibar refreshments, bathrobes and slippers and evening turndown service. Guests can also enjoy free aerobics, merengue and yoga classes, volleyball and mini golf, and one hour of complimentary water activities including kayaking, catamaran cruise, snorkelling, sailing, paddle surfing, and a scuba diving trial in the hotel pool.
For the ultimate relaxing experience, guests can enjoy a wide range of pampering treatments at the Bahia Spa at Esmerelda. There are floating water beds, jacuzzis, and VIP cabins, and a variety of therapies available from massage to body wraps. Locally sourced Aloe Vera, Coconut, and pure Native Cocoa are used in many of the treatments.
The luxury resort is located on the beautiful white sand Playa Arena Gorda beach, close to the turquoise Bavaro Lagoon and the tropical East National Park. The white sandy beach is wide and boasts shallow azure waters that are perfect for swimming and snorkelling.
Tourists can visit nearby attractions in Punta Cana including the Indigenous Eyes Ecological Park with 1,500 acres of 12 freshwater lagoons, dense mangrove forests, winding trails, and fruit gardens; the Anamuya jungle for exhilarating zip-ling adventures; and the Marinarium where visitors can take guided snorkeling tours in the waters off the coast of Cabeza de Toro and Bávaro, where they can swim alongside stingrays and nurse sharks.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dominican Republic Browse all
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Premium All Inclusive property with a selection of food and beverages on offer
Enjoy the relaxed vibes of the all inclusive resort in Punta Cana, complete with exclusive extras for couples!
- Enjoy a la carte cuisine in La Gondola, La perla or grills at media luna
- The resort is set in a picturesque location beside a secluded stretch of beach at Punta Cana
- Receive a 10% discount at the hotel spa
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
You'll be instantly rewarded with up to $3,600 resort credit to use towards spa treatments, golf, premium drinks and much more
- Complimentary Tickts available to see Shakira! Call for more details
- Stay for 10 Nights or more and up to 2 kids up to the age of 12 stay free
- Suites feature a double Jacuzzi and fully stocked mini bar including spirits and premium brands
- Choice of 13 swimming pools and 35 spa suites to relax in
- Get up to US$3600 Limitless Resort Credits which can be used towards selected Tours, Golf, Spa, Beauty Salon services, Romantic dinners and much more
A holiday at the Dominican Republic's Punta Cana is highly recommended for several reasons. Find out for yourself why so...
Unwind and enjoy the beauty of the Caribbean Sea at the all-inclusive Now Larimar Punta Cana, located on the...
A holiday on the picturesque beaches of the Dominican Republic is what most everyone dreams about. Make your dreams come...
Enjoy the best of the Dominican Republic with a holiday at Bayahibe, a resort town choke full of attractions. Beside...
Beautifully located on the Dominican Republic´s lush southeast coast, Casa de Campo is a magnificent eco-friendly...
Spend eight unforgettable days in the easternmost tip of the Dominican Republic enjoying Punta Cana's pristine beaches...