Oman Air announces new daily Manchester to Muscat flights
Oman Air has announced it its planning to operate a second daily flight service between Manchester in the UK and Muscat in Oman. The flights will start from April, 2017, and will join the airline's current daily flight schedule to the Middle Eastern country from Heathrow Airport in London, giving travellers from the north of the UK easier access to Oman.
Oman Air has recently revealed it will add a second service between the United Kingdom and Oman's capital Muscat. The airline will launch new daily flights to Muscat in April, 2017 from Manchester Airport.
The new flights will join the existing daily service from London Heathrow to Oman, which has recently added a second daily flight on the route.
In a press statement released to the media, a speaker for Oman Air explained:
“The United Kingdom has always been one of the key markets for Oman Air. Heathrow has been a flagship route for Oman Air and the carrier’s second daily frequency is a clear indication of the strong demand for flights between these two great cities.”
Oman Air has been operating flights between London Heathrow and Oman since 2007, and the new route from Manchester will open up more options for passengers travelling from the north of the UK to Muscat and ongoing connections.
The airline’s decision to increase its flights to Oman came after British Airways announced that they will be launching non-stop flights between London Heathrow and Muscat from 30th October, 2016. It currently offers flights to the Omani capital via Abu Dhabi.
Oman Air is Oman’s national carrier that is based in the capital city of Muscat and was officially founded in 1993. The airline has a fleet of approximately 40 aircraft, including Airbus A330 which feature the world’s first on board connectivity service and enables passengers to make phone calls, send text messages and surf the internet during flights.
The carrier operates flights to more than 50 destinations in 27 countries all over the world, and it also has codeshare agreements with airlines including Emirates, Thai Airways, and KLM. Last year, it was recognized as one of the world's best airlines for business travellers.
Located in the Middle East, Oman is a country that is home to rich culture and heritage and a long sandy coastline peppered with sweeping sandy stretches and soaring sand dunes.
Muscat is the vibrant capital, and a fantastic place to enjoy art, theatre, shopping, as well as natural landscapes. Holidaymakers can visit attractions including the Royal Opera House, Muscat gate Museum, the Natural History Museum and the Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque, and water enthusiasts can enjoy snorkelling and scuba diving adventures in the crystal-clear waters off the coast of the city.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
For an amazing price, you can experience a tropical paradise where everything is included - Ambre Resort offers affordable luxury for all to enjoy
- Free Sports including Golf at the 18 hole championship golf course at Le Touessrok Mauriitus
- Enjoy an selection of restaurants and Bar inlcuding s swim up bar
- Ambre resorts has stunning view of the Indian Ocean and boasts a 700-metres long white natural beach
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
A modern, stylish and affordable Abu Dhabi hotel conveniently located in within easy access to the Abu Dhabi Airport as...