Oman Air announces new daily Manchester to Muscat flights
Oman Air has announced it its planning to operate a second daily flight service between Manchester in the UK and Muscat in Oman. The flights will start from April, 2017, and will join the airline's current daily flight schedule to the Middle Eastern country from Heathrow Airport in London, giving travellers from the north of the UK easier access to Oman.
Oman Air has recently revealed it will add a second service between the United Kingdom and Oman's capital Muscat. The airline will launch new daily flights to Muscat in April, 2017 from Manchester Airport.
The new flights will join the existing daily service from London Heathrow to Oman, which has recently added a second daily flight on the route.
In a press statement released to the media, a speaker for Oman Air explained:
“The United Kingdom has always been one of the key markets for Oman Air. Heathrow has been a flagship route for Oman Air and the carrier’s second daily frequency is a clear indication of the strong demand for flights between these two great cities.”
Oman Air has been operating flights between London Heathrow and Oman since 2007, and the new route from Manchester will open up more options for passengers travelling from the north of the UK to Muscat and ongoing connections.
The airline’s decision to increase its flights to Oman came after British Airways announced that they will be launching non-stop flights between London Heathrow and Muscat from 30th October, 2016. It currently offers flights to the Omani capital via Abu Dhabi.
Oman Air is Oman’s national carrier that is based in the capital city of Muscat and was officially founded in 1993. The airline has a fleet of approximately 40 aircraft, including Airbus A330 which feature the world’s first on board connectivity service and enables passengers to make phone calls, send text messages and surf the internet during flights.
The carrier operates flights to more than 50 destinations in 27 countries all over the world, and it also has codeshare agreements with airlines including Emirates, Thai Airways, and KLM. Last year, it was recognized as one of the world's best airlines for business travellers.
Located in the Middle East, Oman is a country that is home to rich culture and heritage and a long sandy coastline peppered with sweeping sandy stretches and soaring sand dunes.
Muscat is the vibrant capital, and a fantastic place to enjoy art, theatre, shopping, as well as natural landscapes. Holidaymakers can visit attractions including the Royal Opera House, Muscat gate Museum, the Natural History Museum and the Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque, and water enthusiasts can enjoy snorkelling and scuba diving adventures in the crystal-clear waters off the coast of the city.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Enjoy a taste of Thailand with a complimentary cooking class
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Be dined and wined at a selection of no less than nine restaurants.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
A modern, stylish and affordable Abu Dhabi hotel conveniently located in within easy access to the Abu Dhabi Airport as...