Oman Air announces new daily Manchester to Muscat flights
Oman Air has announced it its planning to operate a second daily flight service between Manchester in the UK and Muscat in Oman. The flights will start from April, 2017, and will join the airline's current daily flight schedule to the Middle Eastern country from Heathrow Airport in London, giving travellers from the north of the UK easier access to Oman.
Oman Air has recently revealed it will add a second service between the United Kingdom and Oman's capital Muscat. The airline will launch new daily flights to Muscat in April, 2017 from Manchester Airport.
The new flights will join the existing daily service from London Heathrow to Oman, which has recently added a second daily flight on the route.
In a press statement released to the media, a speaker for Oman Air explained:
“The United Kingdom has always been one of the key markets for Oman Air. Heathrow has been a flagship route for Oman Air and the carrier’s second daily frequency is a clear indication of the strong demand for flights between these two great cities.”
Oman Air has been operating flights between London Heathrow and Oman since 2007, and the new route from Manchester will open up more options for passengers travelling from the north of the UK to Muscat and ongoing connections.
The airline’s decision to increase its flights to Oman came after British Airways announced that they will be launching non-stop flights between London Heathrow and Muscat from 30th October, 2016. It currently offers flights to the Omani capital via Abu Dhabi.
Oman Air is Oman’s national carrier that is based in the capital city of Muscat and was officially founded in 1993. The airline has a fleet of approximately 40 aircraft, including Airbus A330 which feature the world’s first on board connectivity service and enables passengers to make phone calls, send text messages and surf the internet during flights.
The carrier operates flights to more than 50 destinations in 27 countries all over the world, and it also has codeshare agreements with airlines including Emirates, Thai Airways, and KLM. Last year, it was recognized as one of the world's best airlines for business travellers.
Located in the Middle East, Oman is a country that is home to rich culture and heritage and a long sandy coastline peppered with sweeping sandy stretches and soaring sand dunes.
Muscat is the vibrant capital, and a fantastic place to enjoy art, theatre, shopping, as well as natural landscapes. Holidaymakers can visit attractions including the Royal Opera House, Muscat gate Museum, the Natural History Museum and the Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque, and water enthusiasts can enjoy snorkelling and scuba diving adventures in the crystal-clear waters off the coast of the city.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, this all-inclusive resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Enjoy a FREE glass bottom boat trip, island jeep safari and island coach tour
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Perfectly positioned right at the heart of Marrakesh's chic and trendy Hivernage district, a modern neighbourhood in...
Offering superb accommodation with a wide range of facilities, Yas Island Rotana is conveniently located on the...