Oman Air announces new daily Manchester to Muscat flights
Oman Air has announced it its planning to operate a second daily flight service between Manchester in the UK and Muscat in Oman. The flights will start from April, 2017, and will join the airline's current daily flight schedule to the Middle Eastern country from Heathrow Airport in London, giving travellers from the north of the UK easier access to Oman.
Oman Air has recently revealed it will add a second service between the United Kingdom and Oman's capital Muscat. The airline will launch new daily flights to Muscat in April, 2017 from Manchester Airport.
The new flights will join the existing daily service from London Heathrow to Oman, which has recently added a second daily flight on the route.
In a press statement released to the media, a speaker for Oman Air explained:
“The United Kingdom has always been one of the key markets for Oman Air. Heathrow has been a flagship route for Oman Air and the carrier’s second daily frequency is a clear indication of the strong demand for flights between these two great cities.”
Oman Air has been operating flights between London Heathrow and Oman since 2007, and the new route from Manchester will open up more options for passengers travelling from the north of the UK to Muscat and ongoing connections.
The airline’s decision to increase its flights to Oman came after British Airways announced that they will be launching non-stop flights between London Heathrow and Muscat from 30th October, 2016. It currently offers flights to the Omani capital via Abu Dhabi.
Oman Air is Oman’s national carrier that is based in the capital city of Muscat and was officially founded in 1993. The airline has a fleet of approximately 40 aircraft, including Airbus A330 which feature the world’s first on board connectivity service and enables passengers to make phone calls, send text messages and surf the internet during flights.
The carrier operates flights to more than 50 destinations in 27 countries all over the world, and it also has codeshare agreements with airlines including Emirates, Thai Airways, and KLM. Last year, it was recognized as one of the world's best airlines for business travellers.
Located in the Middle East, Oman is a country that is home to rich culture and heritage and a long sandy coastline peppered with sweeping sandy stretches and soaring sand dunes.
Muscat is the vibrant capital, and a fantastic place to enjoy art, theatre, shopping, as well as natural landscapes. Holidaymakers can visit attractions including the Royal Opera House, Muscat gate Museum, the Natural History Museum and the Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque, and water enthusiasts can enjoy snorkelling and scuba diving adventures in the crystal-clear waters off the coast of the city.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- Unlimited-Fun® All Inclusive Resort with a selection of dining options for all the family
- Enjoy $200 Resort Coupons to use on Spa Treatments, Romantic Dinners and more
- On-site Waterpark featuring a Pirate ship, a lazy river and two waterslides
- Save more this March with exclusive savings plus 1st Child stays and Plays Free
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...