Oman Air announces new daily Manchester to Muscat flights
Oman Air has announced it its planning to operate a second daily flight service between Manchester in the UK and Muscat in Oman. The flights will start from April, 2017, and will join the airline's current daily flight schedule to the Middle Eastern country from Heathrow Airport in London, giving travellers from the north of the UK easier access to Oman.
Oman Air has recently revealed it will add a second service between the United Kingdom and Oman's capital Muscat. The airline will launch new daily flights to Muscat in April, 2017 from Manchester Airport.
The new flights will join the existing daily service from London Heathrow to Oman, which has recently added a second daily flight on the route.
In a press statement released to the media, a speaker for Oman Air explained:
“The United Kingdom has always been one of the key markets for Oman Air. Heathrow has been a flagship route for Oman Air and the carrier’s second daily frequency is a clear indication of the strong demand for flights between these two great cities.”
Oman Air has been operating flights between London Heathrow and Oman since 2007, and the new route from Manchester will open up more options for passengers travelling from the north of the UK to Muscat and ongoing connections.
The airline’s decision to increase its flights to Oman came after British Airways announced that they will be launching non-stop flights between London Heathrow and Muscat from 30th October, 2016. It currently offers flights to the Omani capital via Abu Dhabi.
Oman Air is Oman’s national carrier that is based in the capital city of Muscat and was officially founded in 1993. The airline has a fleet of approximately 40 aircraft, including Airbus A330 which feature the world’s first on board connectivity service and enables passengers to make phone calls, send text messages and surf the internet during flights.
The carrier operates flights to more than 50 destinations in 27 countries all over the world, and it also has codeshare agreements with airlines including Emirates, Thai Airways, and KLM. Last year, it was recognized as one of the world's best airlines for business travellers.
Located in the Middle East, Oman is a country that is home to rich culture and heritage and a long sandy coastline peppered with sweeping sandy stretches and soaring sand dunes.
Muscat is the vibrant capital, and a fantastic place to enjoy art, theatre, shopping, as well as natural landscapes. Holidaymakers can visit attractions including the Royal Opera House, Muscat gate Museum, the Natural History Museum and the Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque, and water enthusiasts can enjoy snorkelling and scuba diving adventures in the crystal-clear waters off the coast of the city.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Dec
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
For an amazing price, you can experience a tropical paradise where everything is included - Ambre Resort offers affordable luxury for all to enjoy
- Make the most of glass-bottomed boat trips, kayaking, snorkelling and green fees at the nearby Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club
- Enjoy a selection of restaurants and Bars inlcuding a swim-up bar
- Ambre resort has stunning views of the Indian Ocean and boasts a 750-metre long white natural beach
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Discreet and unpretentious, yet charming and welcoming, Hotel Phebus enjoys a quiet location at the heart of La Marsa -...