Travel demand up for Jamaica
A sustained demand has helped contribute to an increase in travellers headed to Jamaica. A new report from Expedia Group on recent travel trends is being used to help booster the Jamaican tourism market, as the online travel agency hopes to inspire local hotels to take advantage of its service in exposing their offerings to prospective new tourists from around the globe.
New data from Expedia Group suggests that a sustained demand from travellers played a major part in the growing popularity of Jamaica in 2015. The research presented by the online travel agency was recently published in an article for the Jamaica Observer.
In quoting Expedia Group, Jamaica travel demand from 2014 to 2015 grew for the company by almost 20-percent, across all sites. That increase was mostly attributed to package bookings, or rather travel that included things like a hotel and flights together.
The group also revealed that Americans might be helping to fuel the demand, as year-over-year travel by Americans to Jamaica in 2015 alone was up nearly 25-percent.
Taking a look at the same period of time, United Kingdom travellers accounted for 35-percent of the growth and Canadian travellers for another 15-percent of growth.
Just over a month ago Expedia executives were represented at Jamaica Product Exchange where they met with industry leaders and travel partners at the Montego Bay Convention Centre. JAPEX, the country’s premiere tourism trade event, was held over a three day span in St. James, a time for company executives to share detailed news on their travel research as well as show hotel partners in Jamaica how they can use Expedia to showcase and increase demand for their own properties.
Part of this included promoting the recommendations and marketing tools available through Expedia PartnerCentral Conversations.
As Expedia revealed a range of tools, expertise and technology to the travel industry, it also proposed the recent trend of more travellers headed to Jamaica is one it hopes to boost well into the second half of 2016, as well. The group declared:
“Expedia seeks to continue to add more properties to its portfolio in 2016 and to support tourism growth in Jamaica and the Caribbean region.
"By working with the Expedia group, hotels in Jamaica gain exposure to the more than 200 websites in more than 75 countries worldwide in 35 languages, in addition to a myriad of mobile sites and apps, from brands such as Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Egencia, Expedia Affiliate Network and others.”
The article adds that Expedia found “noteworthy” travel growth of 75-percent in 2015 for Port Antonio, Portland’s capital. This was in addition to the 60-percent increase seen in the South Coast and a more than 30-percent increase for Ocho Rios.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- July Special offers now in place with savings until 2019
- Unlimited-Fun® All Inclusive Resort with a selection of dining options for all the family
- Have a break from the Kids with the adults only pool
- On-site Waterpark featuring a Pirate ship, a lazy river and two waterslides
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- 2 Kids 14 and under stay and play free
- Famous for Watersports available on the beach plus a selection of other activities like the championship golf course
- Choose from the 2,500 foot private beach or enjoy Sugar Mill Falls park - The biggest aquatic park in the Caribbean
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills from fine dining or casual
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Immerse yourself in a vareity of complimentary activities, excursions and spa treatments at Moon Palace Jamaica
- Relish complimentary perks including a bottle of red wine upon arrival, spa treatments, tours, activities and much more
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free and a saving of upto 14%
- Incredible resort credit upto $2500 FREE to be used to swim with dolphins, upgrade your wine, spa treatments and much more!
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights at Sunscape Splash Montego Bay. Located...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a picture postcard made real. Secrets Wild Orchid sits in one of Jamaica's premier resorts,...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Treat yourself to a week in the island of sun, tropical beauty and reggae music. Your place of retreat will be the place...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...