Travel demand up for Jamaica
A sustained demand has helped contribute to an increase in travellers headed to Jamaica. A new report from Expedia Group on recent travel trends is being used to help booster the Jamaican tourism market, as the online travel agency hopes to inspire local hotels to take advantage of its service in exposing their offerings to prospective new tourists from around the globe.
New data from Expedia Group suggests that a sustained demand from travellers played a major part in the growing popularity of Jamaica in 2015. The research presented by the online travel agency was recently published in an article for the Jamaica Observer.
In quoting Expedia Group, Jamaica travel demand from 2014 to 2015 grew for the company by almost 20-percent, across all sites. That increase was mostly attributed to package bookings, or rather travel that included things like a hotel and flights together.
The group also revealed that Americans might be helping to fuel the demand, as year-over-year travel by Americans to Jamaica in 2015 alone was up nearly 25-percent.
Taking a look at the same period of time, United Kingdom travellers accounted for 35-percent of the growth and Canadian travellers for another 15-percent of growth.
Just over a month ago Expedia executives were represented at Jamaica Product Exchange where they met with industry leaders and travel partners at the Montego Bay Convention Centre. JAPEX, the country’s premiere tourism trade event, was held over a three day span in St. James, a time for company executives to share detailed news on their travel research as well as show hotel partners in Jamaica how they can use Expedia to showcase and increase demand for their own properties.
Part of this included promoting the recommendations and marketing tools available through Expedia PartnerCentral Conversations.
As Expedia revealed a range of tools, expertise and technology to the travel industry, it also proposed the recent trend of more travellers headed to Jamaica is one it hopes to boost well into the second half of 2016, as well. The group declared:
“Expedia seeks to continue to add more properties to its portfolio in 2016 and to support tourism growth in Jamaica and the Caribbean region.
"By working with the Expedia group, hotels in Jamaica gain exposure to the more than 200 websites in more than 75 countries worldwide in 35 languages, in addition to a myriad of mobile sites and apps, from brands such as Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Egencia, Expedia Affiliate Network and others.”
The article adds that Expedia found “noteworthy” travel growth of 75-percent in 2015 for Port Antonio, Portland’s capital. This was in addition to the 60-percent increase seen in the South Coast and a more than 30-percent increase for Ocho Rios.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- Metro Offer: Book and Save upto £100 per person!
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
- Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence
- Rooms with stunning views of the caribbean
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- The Montego Bay Marine Park location offers protected swimming areas and extraordinary snorkelling
- Summer just got better with upto two kids stay and play for FREE!
- Enjoy 24-hour access to food and beverage
Located within 15 minutes from Sangster's International Airport and 5 minutes from three world-class golf courses
- Enjoy Exclusive April Offers with incredible savings
- A variety of water sports or leave your daily stress behind and relax with the magical spa services
- Luxury accommodations combined with breathtaking ocean views
- A wide selection of restaurants with international gourmet buffet, where you can enjoy a variety of cuisine from breakfast pastries to classic Jamaican fare
Luxury and romance at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
- Catamaran for the exclusive use by Secrets Resorts & Spas guests
- World-class Spa by Pevonia®
- Exclusively situated on Montego Bay’s breathtaking Peninsula, surrounded by the Caribbean Sea
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a postcard made real. It is one of Jamaica's premier resorts, covered in fine white sands and...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Nestled upon a stunning beach The Rondel Village Hotel is within close proximity to the entertainment and activities...
Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Montego Bay offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical...