Travel demand up for Jamaica
A sustained demand has helped contribute to an increase in travellers headed to Jamaica. A new report from Expedia Group on recent travel trends is being used to help booster the Jamaican tourism market, as the online travel agency hopes to inspire local hotels to take advantage of its service in exposing their offerings to prospective new tourists from around the globe.
New data from Expedia Group suggests that a sustained demand from travellers played a major part in the growing popularity of Jamaica in 2015. The research presented by the online travel agency was recently published in an article for the Jamaica Observer.
In quoting Expedia Group, Jamaica travel demand from 2014 to 2015 grew for the company by almost 20-percent, across all sites. That increase was mostly attributed to package bookings, or rather travel that included things like a hotel and flights together.
The group also revealed that Americans might be helping to fuel the demand, as year-over-year travel by Americans to Jamaica in 2015 alone was up nearly 25-percent.
Taking a look at the same period of time, United Kingdom travellers accounted for 35-percent of the growth and Canadian travellers for another 15-percent of growth.
Just over a month ago Expedia executives were represented at Jamaica Product Exchange where they met with industry leaders and travel partners at the Montego Bay Convention Centre. JAPEX, the country’s premiere tourism trade event, was held over a three day span in St. James, a time for company executives to share detailed news on their travel research as well as show hotel partners in Jamaica how they can use Expedia to showcase and increase demand for their own properties.
Part of this included promoting the recommendations and marketing tools available through Expedia PartnerCentral Conversations.
As Expedia revealed a range of tools, expertise and technology to the travel industry, it also proposed the recent trend of more travellers headed to Jamaica is one it hopes to boost well into the second half of 2016, as well. The group declared:
“Expedia seeks to continue to add more properties to its portfolio in 2016 and to support tourism growth in Jamaica and the Caribbean region.
"By working with the Expedia group, hotels in Jamaica gain exposure to the more than 200 websites in more than 75 countries worldwide in 35 languages, in addition to a myriad of mobile sites and apps, from brands such as Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Egencia, Expedia Affiliate Network and others.”
The article adds that Expedia found “noteworthy” travel growth of 75-percent in 2015 for Port Antonio, Portland’s capital. This was in addition to the 60-percent increase seen in the South Coast and a more than 30-percent increase for Ocho Rios.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- Indulge in a spa treatment or play a round of golf at Cinnamon Hill Golf Course
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills
- Bask on the 2,500 foot private beach or enjoy Sugar Mill Falls park - The biggest aquatic park in the Caribbean
Enjoy the priviliges of bygone days at secrets st. james montego bay, an Adults Only Romantic resort with Unlimited-Luxury Privileges
- Relax & Unwind at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia or watch a live show at the open-air theatre
- Indulge in a host of international cuisine, or dine in with 24-hr room service
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
- Enjoy a range of activities including sailing, snorkelling, windsurfing and tennis
Enjoy free round-trip transfers and complimentary golf at the nearby Negril Hill Golf Course
- Enjoy a holiday of a lifetime with various extras including free round trip transfers and complimentary 18-hole golf at the nearby Negril Hill Golf Course
- 24-Hour Gourmet Dining, Premium Alcoholic Beverages & Soft Drinks
- Choice of 5 unique restaurants and 4 Bars including a Swim-up bar
- Complimentary excursions including a trip to a popular sunset bar or a brillant catamaran cruise
Indulge and revel in the lap of luxury with that special someone when you visit Jamaica.
- This adults-only hotel boasts ultimate tranquility
- Have an enjoyable evening with the nightly theme parties & live entertainment
- Enjoy endless daytime activities such snorkelling, sailing, basketball, catamarans & More
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
An exclusive, romantic Jamaican holiday awaits you at the Secrets St. James Montego Bay on a secluded beach with a...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Montego Bay offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...