Temptation Resort and Spa Cancun to undergo multi-million dollar refurbishment project
The Temptation Resort and Spa Cancun resort in Mexico will temporarily close to guests in September, 2016 to undergo an extensive refurbishment programme. The project will be led by designer Karim Rashid, and will include the renovation of guest rooms and suites, as well as new vibrant guest areas, two pools, and the redesign of eight restaurants and five bars.
The Temptation Resort and Spa Cancun will undergo a multi-million dollar refurbishment programme later this year that will see it temporarily close to guests. The resort is scheduled to close on 25th September, 2016 until autumn, 2017.
The renovation project will be led by the designer Karim Rashid, and will include the redesign of each of the 430 guest rooms and suites, as well as the addition of new colourful guest areas, two swimming pools, and the refurbishment of its eight restaurants and bars.
When completed, the adults-only all-inclusive hotel will feature a “sensual minimalist” style across each of its seven floors.
Rodrigo De La Pena, the CEO of Original Resorts explained:
“The life-changing experience we have provided our guests for the past nine years — in a relaxing, fun and sensual atmosphere — has made us leaders of this segment in Cancun. This success, combined with our market expertise and our entrepreneurial and daring spirit, has led us to our next, exciting stage.”
The guest rooms will all feature private balconies or terraces with views overlooking the Caribbean Sea, and there will be a new spa and fitness centre. Mr De La Pena also commented:
“This resort is the adult playground, where guests are free to be themselves and have the vacation experience of a lifetime. Our concept is designed for people over 21. However, our main target market ranges between 30 to 45 years old."
Ahead of its closure, the resort will host the 2nd Annual Temptation Summer Fest from 8th to 29th July, 2016, where guests can enjoy a variety of activities including Foam Parties, Battle of the Sexes events, live music, DJs and themed parties.
Cancun is renowned for its nightlife and party scene, and the Hotel Zone is bursting with bars, nightclubs, restaurants and hotels.
Located on the Yucatan Peninsula, Cancun is surrounded by white-sand beaches and the turquoise sea, and there’s plenty to see and do away from the party scene.
The Xcaret Park is an ecotourism attraction that celebrates Mayan culture and nature. Holidaymakers can get close to wildlife at the Butterfly Pavilion, Aviary, Coral Reef Aquarium, Jaguar Island, and Manatee Lagoon, or there are plenty of cultural shows and events to watch and take part in.
Tourists can delve into the past and explore the Mayan temple ruins at Chichen Itza, the ancient cities of Coba and Tulum, and the pyramids of Ek Balam.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- Go for the Unlimited-Luxury Experience at one of Mexico's most coveted all-inclusive resorts
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Krysal Ixtapa has a fantastic location on one of the best beaches in Ixtapa's hotel district. Enjoy a stay at this sunny...