Temptation Resort and Spa Cancun to undergo multi-million dollar refurbishment project
The Temptation Resort and Spa Cancun resort in Mexico will temporarily close to guests in September, 2016 to undergo an extensive refurbishment programme. The project will be led by designer Karim Rashid, and will include the renovation of guest rooms and suites, as well as new vibrant guest areas, two pools, and the redesign of eight restaurants and five bars.
The Temptation Resort and Spa Cancun will undergo a multi-million dollar refurbishment programme later this year that will see it temporarily close to guests. The resort is scheduled to close on 25th September, 2016 until autumn, 2017.
The renovation project will be led by the designer Karim Rashid, and will include the redesign of each of the 430 guest rooms and suites, as well as the addition of new colourful guest areas, two swimming pools, and the refurbishment of its eight restaurants and bars.
When completed, the adults-only all-inclusive hotel will feature a “sensual minimalist” style across each of its seven floors.
Rodrigo De La Pena, the CEO of Original Resorts explained:
“The life-changing experience we have provided our guests for the past nine years — in a relaxing, fun and sensual atmosphere — has made us leaders of this segment in Cancun. This success, combined with our market expertise and our entrepreneurial and daring spirit, has led us to our next, exciting stage.”
The guest rooms will all feature private balconies or terraces with views overlooking the Caribbean Sea, and there will be a new spa and fitness centre. Mr De La Pena also commented:
“This resort is the adult playground, where guests are free to be themselves and have the vacation experience of a lifetime. Our concept is designed for people over 21. However, our main target market ranges between 30 to 45 years old."
Ahead of its closure, the resort will host the 2nd Annual Temptation Summer Fest from 8th to 29th July, 2016, where guests can enjoy a variety of activities including Foam Parties, Battle of the Sexes events, live music, DJs and themed parties.
Cancun is renowned for its nightlife and party scene, and the Hotel Zone is bursting with bars, nightclubs, restaurants and hotels.
Located on the Yucatan Peninsula, Cancun is surrounded by white-sand beaches and the turquoise sea, and there’s plenty to see and do away from the party scene.
The Xcaret Park is an ecotourism attraction that celebrates Mayan culture and nature. Holidaymakers can get close to wildlife at the Butterfly Pavilion, Aviary, Coral Reef Aquarium, Jaguar Island, and Manatee Lagoon, or there are plenty of cultural shows and events to watch and take part in.
Tourists can delve into the past and explore the Mayan temple ruins at Chichen Itza, the ancient cities of Coba and Tulum, and the pyramids of Ek Balam.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at this beautiful retreat.
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Chic guest rooms feature plush furnishings and ultra modern bathrooms, as well as fantastic amenities
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Unlimited-Luxury concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
- Adults only resort just 20 minutes from the airport and the nightlife of Cancun 15 miles away
- Enjoy one of the various treatments on offer at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
- Fantastic all-inclusive package providing all meals, snacks, unlimited premium beverages, 24-hour room service and more
- Kids can Stay, Play and Eat free at Moon Palace when travelling from 1st June to 31st August 2016 & October Half Term (17th - 31st October 2016)
- Moon Spa & Golf Club is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Golf and Spa Resort you will...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...
Take a trip to the sunny side of life with an 8-day excursion to Mexico's lovely Caribbean Sea coastline. This is widely...