Temptation Resort and Spa Cancun to undergo multi-million dollar refurbishment project
The Temptation Resort and Spa Cancun resort in Mexico will temporarily close to guests in September, 2016 to undergo an extensive refurbishment programme. The project will be led by designer Karim Rashid, and will include the renovation of guest rooms and suites, as well as new vibrant guest areas, two pools, and the redesign of eight restaurants and five bars.
The Temptation Resort and Spa Cancun will undergo a multi-million dollar refurbishment programme later this year that will see it temporarily close to guests. The resort is scheduled to close on 25th September, 2016 until autumn, 2017.
The renovation project will be led by the designer Karim Rashid, and will include the redesign of each of the 430 guest rooms and suites, as well as the addition of new colourful guest areas, two swimming pools, and the refurbishment of its eight restaurants and bars.
When completed, the adults-only all-inclusive hotel will feature a “sensual minimalist” style across each of its seven floors.
Rodrigo De La Pena, the CEO of Original Resorts explained:
“The life-changing experience we have provided our guests for the past nine years — in a relaxing, fun and sensual atmosphere — has made us leaders of this segment in Cancun. This success, combined with our market expertise and our entrepreneurial and daring spirit, has led us to our next, exciting stage.”
The guest rooms will all feature private balconies or terraces with views overlooking the Caribbean Sea, and there will be a new spa and fitness centre. Mr De La Pena also commented:
“This resort is the adult playground, where guests are free to be themselves and have the vacation experience of a lifetime. Our concept is designed for people over 21. However, our main target market ranges between 30 to 45 years old."
Ahead of its closure, the resort will host the 2nd Annual Temptation Summer Fest from 8th to 29th July, 2016, where guests can enjoy a variety of activities including Foam Parties, Battle of the Sexes events, live music, DJs and themed parties.
Cancun is renowned for its nightlife and party scene, and the Hotel Zone is bursting with bars, nightclubs, restaurants and hotels.
Located on the Yucatan Peninsula, Cancun is surrounded by white-sand beaches and the turquoise sea, and there’s plenty to see and do away from the party scene.
The Xcaret Park is an ecotourism attraction that celebrates Mayan culture and nature. Holidaymakers can get close to wildlife at the Butterfly Pavilion, Aviary, Coral Reef Aquarium, Jaguar Island, and Manatee Lagoon, or there are plenty of cultural shows and events to watch and take part in.
Tourists can delve into the past and explore the Mayan temple ruins at Chichen Itza, the ancient cities of Coba and Tulum, and the pyramids of Ek Balam.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Enjoy fantastic discounts when travelling with kids
- Boutique-style guestrooms with ocean views and luxury amenities
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- Go for the Unlimited-Luxury Experience at one of Mexico's most coveted all-inclusive resorts
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Book now and Enjoy a fantastic upgrade to Preferred Club Junior Suite Pool View Room and gain various added values including Upgraded mini-bar service and bath amenities
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Incredible January exclusive - Receive a free upgrade to the next room type when booking with The Holiday Place
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...
Venture to the Caribbean shores of Mexico in the celebrated resort town of Cancun to enjoy a sun-drenched retreat in a...