Island Routes Caribbean Adventures adds new cultural tour to Kingston
Island Routes Caribbean Adventures has launched a brand new cultural tour in Kingston that will offer tourists an insight into Jamaica's history. The one-day tour is a part of the company's "Let's Go Native" series, and will take people from Montego Bay and Ocho Rios in the north, to Kingston in the south, visiting famous attractions including the Bob Marley Museum, Emancipation Park, and Devon House.
A new cultural tour has been launched by Island Routes Caribbean Adventures to the capital of Jamaica, Kingston. The tour will provide travellers with an insight into the island’s history.
Launching this month, the tour is part of the company’s “Let’s go native” series, and will take travellers on a luxury coach from Montego Bay and Ocho Rios to Kingston to explore its attractions and sites.
Adam Stewart, the CEO of Island Routes Caribbean Adventures said:
“I recently spoke about why I started Island Routes and my desire for us to be the enabler for people to have authentic, local experiences. Seven years on and we still strive to do this every day.
"Just like a number of people in our team, I am from Kingston, so it made complete sense to take advantage of our insider knowledge and develop a Kingston highlight tour exploring the same local spots we grew up surrounded by.”
The one-day tour will include visits with professional guides to The Bob Marley Museum, Devon House, the National Gallery, the Emancipation Park, and local churches. In addttion, to see other things to do in Jamaica click here.
“From history and culture, to food and music, including the iconic Bob Marley Museum, it is a truly fantastic place to experience and it is definitely authentic.”
Travellers will now find it easier to explore the south and north sides of Jamaica thanks to the opening of the new North-South link of Highway 2000 that takes 30 minutes travel time off the journey between the two sides of the island.
Located on the southeast coast of Jamaica, Kingston is a vibrant city that is surrounding by magnificent natural wonders.
Holidaymakers can go walking in the Blue Mountains and get close to wildlife in the UNESCO-listed Blue & John Crow Mountains National Park; take a boat from Port Royal to the small island of Lime Cay and relax on a pristine beach; visit Devon House, the home of Jamaica’s first black millionaire; soak up the fragrant aromas at the historical botanical Castleton Gardens; or learn about the musical journey of the late reggae legend Bob Marley at the Bob Marley Museum, which was once his recording studio.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
- Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence
- Rooms with stunning views of the caribbean
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Enjoy the priviliges of bygone days at secrets st. james montego bay, an Adults Only Romantic resort with Unlimited-Luxury Privileges
- Relax & Unwind at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia or watch a live show at the open-air theatre
- Indulge in a host of international cuisine, or dine in with 24-hr room service
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
- Enjoy a range of activities including sailing, snorkelling, windsurfing and tennis
Enjoy free round-trip transfers and complimentary golf at the nearby Negril Hill Golf Course
- Enjoy a holiday of a lifetime with various extras including free round trip transfers and complimentary 18-hole golf at the nearby Negril Hill Golf Course
- 24-Hour Gourmet Dining, Premium Alcoholic Beverages & Soft Drinks
- Choice of 5 unique restaurants and 4 Bars including a Swim-up bar
- Complimentary excursions including a trip to a popular sunset bar or a brillant catamaran cruise
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a postcard made real. It is one of Jamaica's premier resorts, covered in fine white sands and...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Club Ambience is set on the shoreline in Runaway Bay, a small town in the parish of St Ann on the north coast of...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...