Island Routes Caribbean Adventures adds new cultural tour to Kingston
Island Routes Caribbean Adventures has launched a brand new cultural tour in Kingston that will offer tourists an insight into Jamaica's history. The one-day tour is a part of the company's "Let's Go Native" series, and will take people from Montego Bay and Ocho Rios in the north, to Kingston in the south, visiting famous attractions including the Bob Marley Museum, Emancipation Park, and Devon House.
A new cultural tour has been launched by Island Routes Caribbean Adventures to the capital of Jamaica, Kingston. The tour will provide travellers with an insight into the island’s history.
Launching this month, the tour is part of the company’s “Let’s go native” series, and will take travellers on a luxury coach from Montego Bay and Ocho Rios to Kingston to explore its attractions and sites.
Adam Stewart, the CEO of Island Routes Caribbean Adventures said:
“I recently spoke about why I started Island Routes and my desire for us to be the enabler for people to have authentic, local experiences. Seven years on and we still strive to do this every day.
"Just like a number of people in our team, I am from Kingston, so it made complete sense to take advantage of our insider knowledge and develop a Kingston highlight tour exploring the same local spots we grew up surrounded by.”
The one-day tour will include visits with professional guides to The Bob Marley Museum, Devon House, the National Gallery, the Emancipation Park, and local churches. In addttion, to see other things to do in Jamaica click here.
“From history and culture, to food and music, including the iconic Bob Marley Museum, it is a truly fantastic place to experience and it is definitely authentic.”
Travellers will now find it easier to explore the south and north sides of Jamaica thanks to the opening of the new North-South link of Highway 2000 that takes 30 minutes travel time off the journey between the two sides of the island.
Located on the southeast coast of Jamaica, Kingston is a vibrant city that is surrounding by magnificent natural wonders.
Holidaymakers can go walking in the Blue Mountains and get close to wildlife in the UNESCO-listed Blue & John Crow Mountains National Park; take a boat from Port Royal to the small island of Lime Cay and relax on a pristine beach; visit Devon House, the home of Jamaica’s first black millionaire; soak up the fragrant aromas at the historical botanical Castleton Gardens; or learn about the musical journey of the late reggae legend Bob Marley at the Bob Marley Museum, which was once his recording studio.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Enjoy the affordable Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay with a fantastic location
- Two Children, 12 years of age and younger stay and eat free of charge
- Choose thrilling water sports while your kids enjoy the Children's activity centre
- Summer 2018 Sale now extended, save £250 per person
- Enjoy buffet or a la carte meals as part of the All Inclusive concept at five on-site restaurants
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- July Special offers now in place with savings until 2019
- Unlimited-Fun® All Inclusive Resort with a selection of dining options for all the family
- On-site Waterpark featuring a Pirate ship, a lazy river and two waterslides
Indulge and revel in the lap of luxury at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay with that special someone when you visit Jamaica.
- Have an enjoyable evening with the nightly theme parties & live entertainment
- This adults-only hotel boasts ultimate tranquility and Unlimited All Inclusive
- Enjoy endless daytime activities such snorkelling, sailing, basketball, introductory scuba lessons & more
Discreet luxury at your beck and call under Jamaican sunshine with everything you love, with virtually no limits
Let the most romantic of retreats seduce you and a loved one into a sheer state atof bliss when you stay at Couples Sans Souci.
- Summer Savings with incredible discounts of up to 42% for travel up until 2019
- Includes unlimited premium alcoholic beverages, 24 hour casual to gourmet dining, complimentary airport transfers and more
- Exclusive offsite excursions come included in the package including Dunn's River Falls and Margaritaville
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights at Sunscape Splash Montego Bay. Located...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a picture postcard made real. Secrets Wild Orchid sits in one of Jamaica's premier resorts,...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Treat yourself to a week in the island of sun, tropical beauty and reggae music. Your place of retreat will be the place...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...