Island Routes Caribbean Adventures adds new cultural tour to Kingston
Island Routes Caribbean Adventures has launched a brand new cultural tour in Kingston that will offer tourists an insight into Jamaica's history. The one-day tour is a part of the company's "Let's Go Native" series, and will take people from Montego Bay and Ocho Rios in the north, to Kingston in the south, visiting famous attractions including the Bob Marley Museum, Emancipation Park, and Devon House.
A new cultural tour has been launched by Island Routes Caribbean Adventures to the capital of Jamaica, Kingston. The tour will provide travellers with an insight into the island’s history.
Launching this month, the tour is part of the company’s “Let’s go native” series, and will take travellers on a luxury coach from Montego Bay and Ocho Rios to Kingston to explore its attractions and sites.
Adam Stewart, the CEO of Island Routes Caribbean Adventures said:
“I recently spoke about why I started Island Routes and my desire for us to be the enabler for people to have authentic, local experiences. Seven years on and we still strive to do this every day.
"Just like a number of people in our team, I am from Kingston, so it made complete sense to take advantage of our insider knowledge and develop a Kingston highlight tour exploring the same local spots we grew up surrounded by.”
The one-day tour will include visits with professional guides to The Bob Marley Museum, Devon House, the National Gallery, the Emancipation Park, and local churches. In addttion, to see other things to do in Jamaica click here.
“From history and culture, to food and music, including the iconic Bob Marley Museum, it is a truly fantastic place to experience and it is definitely authentic.”
Travellers will now find it easier to explore the south and north sides of Jamaica thanks to the opening of the new North-South link of Highway 2000 that takes 30 minutes travel time off the journey between the two sides of the island.
Located on the southeast coast of Jamaica, Kingston is a vibrant city that is surrounding by magnificent natural wonders.
Holidaymakers can go walking in the Blue Mountains and get close to wildlife in the UNESCO-listed Blue & John Crow Mountains National Park; take a boat from Port Royal to the small island of Lime Cay and relax on a pristine beach; visit Devon House, the home of Jamaica’s first black millionaire; soak up the fragrant aromas at the historical botanical Castleton Gardens; or learn about the musical journey of the late reggae legend Bob Marley at the Bob Marley Museum, which was once his recording studio.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- The Montego Bay Marine Park location offers protected swimming areas and extraordinary snorkelling
- Summer just got better with upto two kids stay and play for FREE!
- Book now and take advantage of a fantastic room upgrade from a Deluxe Room to a Deluxe Ocean View Room
- Enjoy 24-hour access to food and beverage
Enjoy the priviliges of bygone days at secrets st. james montego bay, an Adults Only Romantic resort with Unlimited-Luxury Privileges
- Relax & Unwind at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia or watch a live show at the open-air theatre
- Indulge in a host of international cuisine, or dine in with 24-hr room service
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
- Enjoy a range of activities including sailing, snorkelling, windsurfing and tennis
Indulge and revel in the lap of luxury with that special someone when you visit Jamaica.
- This adults-only hotel boasts ultimate tranquility
- Have an enjoyable evening with the nightly theme parties & live entertainment
- Enjoy endless daytime activities such snorkelling, sailing, basketball, catamarans & More
Enjoy free round-trip transfers and complimentary golf at the nearby Negril Hill Golf Course
- Enjoy a holiday of a lifetime with various extras including free round trip transfers and complimentary 18-hole golf at the nearby Negril Hill Golf Course
- Complimentary excursions including a trip to a popular sunset bar or a brillant catamaran cruise
- 24-Hour Gourmet Dining, Premium Alcoholic Beverages & Soft Drinks at a choice of 5 unique restaurants and 4 Bars including a Swim-up bar
- Incredible Savings of up to 50%, book and save up to £800 per person!
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
An exclusive, romantic Jamaican holiday awaits you at the Secrets St. James Montego Bay on a secluded beach with a...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Montego Bay offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...