Island Routes Caribbean Adventures adds new cultural tour to Kingston
Island Routes Caribbean Adventures has launched a brand new cultural tour in Kingston that will offer tourists an insight into Jamaica's history. The one-day tour is a part of the company's "Let's Go Native" series, and will take people from Montego Bay and Ocho Rios in the north, to Kingston in the south, visiting famous attractions including the Bob Marley Museum, Emancipation Park, and Devon House.
A new cultural tour has been launched by Island Routes Caribbean Adventures to the capital of Jamaica, Kingston. The tour will provide travellers with an insight into the island’s history.
Launching this month, the tour is part of the company’s “Let’s go native” series, and will take travellers on a luxury coach from Montego Bay and Ocho Rios to Kingston to explore its attractions and sites.
Adam Stewart, the CEO of Island Routes Caribbean Adventures said:
“I recently spoke about why I started Island Routes and my desire for us to be the enabler for people to have authentic, local experiences. Seven years on and we still strive to do this every day.
"Just like a number of people in our team, I am from Kingston, so it made complete sense to take advantage of our insider knowledge and develop a Kingston highlight tour exploring the same local spots we grew up surrounded by.”
The one-day tour will include visits with professional guides to The Bob Marley Museum, Devon House, the National Gallery, the Emancipation Park, and local churches. In addttion, to see other things to do in Jamaica click here.
“From history and culture, to food and music, including the iconic Bob Marley Museum, it is a truly fantastic place to experience and it is definitely authentic.”
Travellers will now find it easier to explore the south and north sides of Jamaica thanks to the opening of the new North-South link of Highway 2000 that takes 30 minutes travel time off the journey between the two sides of the island.
Located on the southeast coast of Jamaica, Kingston is a vibrant city that is surrounding by magnificent natural wonders.
Holidaymakers can go walking in the Blue Mountains and get close to wildlife in the UNESCO-listed Blue & John Crow Mountains National Park; take a boat from Port Royal to the small island of Lime Cay and relax on a pristine beach; visit Devon House, the home of Jamaica’s first black millionaire; soak up the fragrant aromas at the historical botanical Castleton Gardens; or learn about the musical journey of the late reggae legend Bob Marley at the Bob Marley Museum, which was once his recording studio.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
- Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence
- Rooms with stunning views of the caribbean
Enjoy the affordable Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay with a fantastic location
- Summer 2018 Sale now on, save £250 per person
- Two Children, 12 years of age and younger stay and eat free of charge
- Choose thrilling water sports while your kids enjoy the Children's activity centre
- Enjoy buffet or a la carte meals as part of the All Inclusive concept at five on-site restaurants
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth at Mangos Jamaica
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Located on Trelawny Bay and its beautiful beach
Luxury and romance at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
- After booking a minimum of a 3 night stay, guests will receive a welcome bottle of sparkling wine & fresh fruit, one mimosa breakfast in bed to be booked upon arrival and romantic turndown service one night during stay
- Catamaran for the exclusive use by Secrets Resorts & Spas guests
- World-class Spa by Pevonia®
- Exclusively situated on Montego Bay’s breathtaking Peninsula, surrounded by the Caribbean Sea
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
Holiday Inn Resort offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical gardens. The resort has a...
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights. Located on the white sand beaches of...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Treat yourself to a week in the island of sun, tropical beauty and reggae music. Your place of retreat will be the place...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...