Abercrombie & Kent to launch new land and sea cruise to Cuba in 2017
Abercrombie & Kent has announced the launch of a new land and sea itinerary in Cuba that will take travellers on a journey around the Caribbean island from March, 2017. The tour operator will offer the new Cuba by Land & Sea: A People-to-People Cruise, which will last a total of 10 nights, including seven nights onboard the 58-passenger sailing yacht, Le Ponant.
Abercrombie & Kent will launch a brand new people-to-people cruise programme next year that will take travellers on a journey around Cuba’s land and sea. The tour company will offer the Cuba by Land & Sea: A People-to-People Cruise starting March, 2017. Travellers will get to explore the island’s beautiful destinations on the 10-night tour.
The itinerary will start with a flight from Miami to Havana, and will include seven nights aboard Ponant’s Le Ponant sailing yacht, as well as hotel accommodation before and after the cruise.
Bob Simpson, the Vice President of Abercrombie & Kent, Expedition Cruising, explained:
“Cuba has so much to offer that we have been working on new ways for our guests to see more of the country. This itinerary combines the most popular elements of our land programs with more remote regions like colonial Trinidad and the pristine waters of Punta Francés, a reserve that few Americans have had the opportunity to visit.
"And best of all, because of A&K’s years of experience operating in Cuba, the necessary government approvals are already in place for the complete itinerary.”
The sailing yacht can accommodate 58 guests in 29 private cabins, and during the voyage, travellers can enjoy an al fresco restaurant, a dining room with international cuisine, and a marina where they can snorkel and swim.
Also as part of the cruise, and in order to comply with the people-to-people programme, passengers will take part in a variety of excursions and activities in Cuba, including trips to the Punta Francés Nature Reserve and reef where they can snorkel or take the zodiac cruise; lunches on land in traditional and local paladars with delicious Cuban cuisine; and a tour with a local architect who will show tourists the different styles of building in Cuba’s capital Havana, and the country’s efforts to restore them.
The cruises will take place from 1st to 11th March, 2017 (Havana to Santiago de Cuba) and from 9th to 19th March, 2017 (Santiago de Cuba to Havana). Prices start from $9,995 per person, and include hotel and cruise accommodation, onboard lectures, shore excursions, and most drinks and gratuities.
The new land and sea itinerary follows the announcement of two new land and sea tours to Cuba by Zegrahm Expeditions. The Heart of Cuba tour will launch in October, 2016, and will explore historical sites and cities on land, while the Cuba Under Sail tour will set off in March, 2017 and will nearly circumnavigate the whole island on the Le Ponant sailing ship.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- Stunning hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly, offering the best of both worlds for adventure or relaxation
- Stay in a Sea View Room in Havana for all three nights, for an extra £20 per person
- Fly premium-economy class from an extra £199 per person, each way
- Little touches to make your holiday extra special, including a welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava upon arrival in Havana and Varadero
- Experience the world famous Varadero beach, where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Explore the many entertaining sites of the famous Varadero beach in Cuba, while enjoying a peaceful 10-day getaway at...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...