Abercrombie & Kent to launch new land and sea cruise to Cuba in 2017
Abercrombie & Kent has announced the launch of a new land and sea itinerary in Cuba that will take travellers on a journey around the Caribbean island from March, 2017. The tour operator will offer the new Cuba by Land & Sea: A People-to-People Cruise, which will last a total of 10 nights, including seven nights onboard the 58-passenger sailing yacht, Le Ponant.
Abercrombie & Kent will launch a brand new people-to-people cruise programme next year that will take travellers on a journey around Cuba’s land and sea. The tour company will offer the Cuba by Land & Sea: A People-to-People Cruise starting March, 2017. Travellers will get to explore the island’s beautiful destinations on the 10-night tour.
The itinerary will start with a flight from Miami to Havana, and will include seven nights aboard Ponant’s Le Ponant sailing yacht, as well as hotel accommodation before and after the cruise.
Bob Simpson, the Vice President of Abercrombie & Kent, Expedition Cruising, explained:
“Cuba has so much to offer that we have been working on new ways for our guests to see more of the country. This itinerary combines the most popular elements of our land programs with more remote regions like colonial Trinidad and the pristine waters of Punta Francés, a reserve that few Americans have had the opportunity to visit.
"And best of all, because of A&K’s years of experience operating in Cuba, the necessary government approvals are already in place for the complete itinerary.”
The sailing yacht can accommodate 58 guests in 29 private cabins, and during the voyage, travellers can enjoy an al fresco restaurant, a dining room with international cuisine, and a marina where they can snorkel and swim.
Also as part of the cruise, and in order to comply with the people-to-people programme, passengers will take part in a variety of excursions and activities in Cuba, including trips to the Punta Francés Nature Reserve and reef where they can snorkel or take the zodiac cruise; lunches on land in traditional and local paladars with delicious Cuban cuisine; and a tour with a local architect who will show tourists the different styles of building in Cuba’s capital Havana, and the country’s efforts to restore them.
The cruises will take place from 1st to 11th March, 2017 (Havana to Santiago de Cuba) and from 9th to 19th March, 2017 (Santiago de Cuba to Havana). Prices start from $9,995 per person, and include hotel and cruise accommodation, onboard lectures, shore excursions, and most drinks and gratuities.
The new land and sea itinerary follows the announcement of two new land and sea tours to Cuba by Zegrahm Expeditions. The Heart of Cuba tour will launch in October, 2016, and will explore historical sites and cities on land, while the Cuba Under Sail tour will set off in March, 2017 and will nearly circumnavigate the whole island on the Le Ponant sailing ship.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 08th Feb
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
This carefully selected combination of hotels combines a stay in Havana with a stay upon the coast of Varadero. Start...