Zegrahm Expeditions to launch land and sea itineraries to Cuba later this year
Zegrahm Expeditions will launch two new tours to Cuba later this year, on land and on water. Travellers can choose from an 11-day land itinerary, and a 17-day cruise itinerary onboard a small ship. Both tours will take holidaymakers around Cuba's beautiful destinations including the heritage-rich capital of Havana, colonial Trinidad and Cienfuegos, the Valley of the Sugar Mills and Santiago de Cuba.
Zegrahm Expeditions will offer two brand new itineraries to Cuba this autumn enabling travellers to explore the island by land and sea. The tour company will launch The Heart of Cuba tour on 13th October, 2016, with additional departures on 3rd November, 2016 and 9th February, 2017.
The land itinerary will take tourists to some of Cuba’s most stunning destinations including the bustling capital city of Havana; the UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Trinidad and the Valley of the Sugar Mills, Cuba’s historic hub of sugar production; as well as the Zapata Wetlands, which boast diverse wildlife including 171 species of birds and 31 species of reptiles. The Heart of Cuba tour starts from $8,780 per person.
For sea-lovers, the Cuba Under Sail expedition launches on 29th March, 2017, and travellers will set sail on the 56-passenger Le Ponant sailing vessel. With a tour that will nearly circumnavigate the whole island, the sailing will start in Havana, before taking tourists to Cienfuegos where they will stay for two nights in a hotel in Playa Larga, the base from which they´ll explore the preserved wetlands. Guests will also have the chance to discover the underwater world through snorkelling and scuba diving activities. During the sailing journey, travellers will also stop at Santiago de Cuba, with its historic colonial architecture, and Afro-Cuban cultural offerings. The Cuba Under Sail tour will start from $17,580 per person.
Cuba is currently one of the top destinations due to the recently resumed diplomatic relations between the United States and Cuba. Following a travel and trade embargo lasting more than five decades, the two countries are working together to change the laws that have stopped U.S travellers from visiting the island.
Scheduled commercial flights between the U.S and Cuba are expected to start this autumn, bringing a larger influx of American visitors to the Caribbean island. The expected surge of Americans later this year has resulted in an increase in travel bookings to Cuba by travellers from all over the world who are keen to visit the country before it inevitably changes.
With its classic cars, colourful crumbling architecture, pristine coastline and beaches, and a noticeable absence of high-rise buildings and skyscrapers, much of the country looks like it has been frozen in the 1950s. Cuba holidays give curious and adventure-thirsty travellers a great opportunity to see a quirky vintage nation before it begins to modernise and develop over the next few years.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Enjoy an amazing twin centre full of enjoyment for everyone at occidental miramar and breezes bella costa
The two hotels combine for an amazing holiday experience fit for everyone from couples to families at occidental miramar and breezes bella
- The Memories Miramar Havana is located in an elegant residential neighbourhood of Miramar and enjoys beautiful ocean views
- Both hotels offer fantastic amenities and facilities which makes the hotels a great choice for both families and couples
- Bella Costa is located on one of the world's finest beaches - Varadero
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero.
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival.
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel.
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...