Zegrahm Expeditions to launch land and sea itineraries to Cuba later this year
Zegrahm Expeditions will launch two new tours to Cuba later this year, on land and on water. Travellers can choose from an 11-day land itinerary, and a 17-day cruise itinerary onboard a small ship. Both tours will take holidaymakers around Cuba's beautiful destinations including the heritage-rich capital of Havana, colonial Trinidad and Cienfuegos, the Valley of the Sugar Mills and Santiago de Cuba.
Zegrahm Expeditions will offer two brand new itineraries to Cuba this autumn enabling travellers to explore the island by land and sea. The tour company will launch The Heart of Cuba tour on 13th October, 2016, with additional departures on 3rd November, 2016 and 9th February, 2017.
The land itinerary will take tourists to some of Cuba’s most stunning destinations including the bustling capital city of Havana; the UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Trinidad and the Valley of the Sugar Mills, Cuba’s historic hub of sugar production; as well as the Zapata Wetlands, which boast diverse wildlife including 171 species of birds and 31 species of reptiles. The Heart of Cuba tour starts from $8,780 per person.
For sea-lovers, the Cuba Under Sail expedition launches on 29th March, 2017, and travellers will set sail on the 56-passenger Le Ponant sailing vessel. With a tour that will nearly circumnavigate the whole island, the sailing will start in Havana, before taking tourists to Cienfuegos where they will stay for two nights in a hotel in Playa Larga, the base from which they´ll explore the preserved wetlands. Guests will also have the chance to discover the underwater world through snorkelling and scuba diving activities. During the sailing journey, travellers will also stop at Santiago de Cuba, with its historic colonial architecture, and Afro-Cuban cultural offerings. The Cuba Under Sail tour will start from $17,580 per person.
Cuba is currently one of the top destinations due to the recently resumed diplomatic relations between the United States and Cuba. Following a travel and trade embargo lasting more than five decades, the two countries are working together to change the laws that have stopped U.S travellers from visiting the island.
Scheduled commercial flights between the U.S and Cuba are expected to start this autumn, bringing a larger influx of American visitors to the Caribbean island. The expected surge of Americans later this year has resulted in an increase in travel bookings to Cuba by travellers from all over the world who are keen to visit the country before it inevitably changes.
With its classic cars, colourful crumbling architecture, pristine coastline and beaches, and a noticeable absence of high-rise buildings and skyscrapers, much of the country looks like it has been frozen in the 1950s. Cuba holidays give curious and adventure-thirsty travellers a great opportunity to see a quirky vintage nation before it begins to modernise and develop over the next few years.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands for an amazing price!
- The Location on one of Varadero's best virgin beaches
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31st Jul 2017
- Enjoy varied entertainment, including water sports, beach volleyball, tennis, evening performances and more
- The all-inclusive plan features 1 buffet restaurant, 2 A la carte, 3 snack bars and 3 bars
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...