Zegrahm Expeditions to launch land and sea itineraries to Cuba later this year
Zegrahm Expeditions will launch two new tours to Cuba later this year, on land and on water. Travellers can choose from an 11-day land itinerary, and a 17-day cruise itinerary onboard a small ship. Both tours will take holidaymakers around Cuba's beautiful destinations including the heritage-rich capital of Havana, colonial Trinidad and Cienfuegos, the Valley of the Sugar Mills and Santiago de Cuba.
Zegrahm Expeditions will offer two brand new itineraries to Cuba this autumn enabling travellers to explore the island by land and sea. The tour company will launch The Heart of Cuba tour on 13th October, 2016, with additional departures on 3rd November, 2016 and 9th February, 2017.
The land itinerary will take tourists to some of Cuba’s most stunning destinations including the bustling capital city of Havana; the UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Trinidad and the Valley of the Sugar Mills, Cuba’s historic hub of sugar production; as well as the Zapata Wetlands, which boast diverse wildlife including 171 species of birds and 31 species of reptiles. The Heart of Cuba tour starts from $8,780 per person.
For sea-lovers, the Cuba Under Sail expedition launches on 29th March, 2017, and travellers will set sail on the 56-passenger Le Ponant sailing vessel. With a tour that will nearly circumnavigate the whole island, the sailing will start in Havana, before taking tourists to Cienfuegos where they will stay for two nights in a hotel in Playa Larga, the base from which they´ll explore the preserved wetlands. Guests will also have the chance to discover the underwater world through snorkelling and scuba diving activities. During the sailing journey, travellers will also stop at Santiago de Cuba, with its historic colonial architecture, and Afro-Cuban cultural offerings. The Cuba Under Sail tour will start from $17,580 per person.
Cuba is currently one of the top destinations due to the recently resumed diplomatic relations between the United States and Cuba. Following a travel and trade embargo lasting more than five decades, the two countries are working together to change the laws that have stopped U.S travellers from visiting the island.
Scheduled commercial flights between the U.S and Cuba are expected to start this autumn, bringing a larger influx of American visitors to the Caribbean island. The expected surge of Americans later this year has resulted in an increase in travel bookings to Cuba by travellers from all over the world who are keen to visit the country before it inevitably changes.
With its classic cars, colourful crumbling architecture, pristine coastline and beaches, and a noticeable absence of high-rise buildings and skyscrapers, much of the country looks like it has been frozen in the 1950s. Cuba holidays give curious and adventure-thirsty travellers a great opportunity to see a quirky vintage nation before it begins to modernise and develop over the next few years.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...