Two Grand Velas Resorts in Mexico Awarded by EarthCheck for sustainable practices
Two Grand Velas Resorts in Riviera Maya and Riviera Nayarit in Mexico have been awarded Gold and Silver Status, respectively by EarthCheck for their sustainable tourism and environmental practices. The two resorts have both implemented several eco-friendly practices including waste management, water reduction, staff education about conservation, and biodegradable products for cleaning.
EarthCheck has awarded Gold and Silver Status to two Grand Velas Resorts in Riviera Maya and Riviera Nayarit in Mexico. The AAA Five Diamond Grand Velas Riviera Maya received Gold Status for its environmental and sustainable practices such as its co-generation Electricity Plants, two Reverse-Osmosis Desalting Plants and an on-site residual water treatment facility that recycles all of the water throughout the resort.
The resort has botanical gardens with produce used in all of its restaurants; it has constructed artificial reefs in the sea to encourage marine species and it participates in the Federal Sea Turtle Conservation Programme; there are complimentary Behind the Scenes Eco-Tours for guests; and its beach has received a Clean Beaches Certificate from the government.
Located close to Playa del Carmen and Cancun within 205 acres of lush jungle, protected mangroves and a beautiful white sand beach, Grand Velas Riviera Maya is a member of Leading Hotels of the World.
The luxury all-inclusive resort has 491 suites in three categories of lavish accommodation: Zen Grand Suites that are encircled by flora and fauna of the Yucatan Peninsula’s thriving jungle; Ambassador Class, with ocean views and are perfect for families; and the most in-demand accommodation – Grand Class with personal butlers.
Sister property Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit was awarded Silver Status by EarthCheck for its commitment to reducing its environmental impact. The luxury resort separates its waste for recycling, uses responsible energy sources, and uses biodegradable products for cleaning, fertilisation and fumigation.
Staff at the resort have been educated about conservation and respect for the natural world, and they are part of a permanent water-saving campaign. Employees can also suggest ideas for saving resources or implementing new practices in the Green Mailbox, and there’s a Recycling Expo where employees can demonstrate their craftsmanship by turning recycled materials into art and useful items.
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit’s beach continues to hold the Blue Flag certification, which recognises the sustainable development of beaches and their water quality, education, and environmental management. Situated on the northern perimeter of Banderas Bay in Puerto Vallarta near Cancun, the all-inclusive AAA Five Diamond resort recently underwent an extensive refurbishment programme to upgrade nearly half of its 267 suites, two of its five dining outlets, and its luxury spa.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
At Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, you will experience unlimited all inclusive luxury 24 Hours a day - it's the holiday of a lifetime
- Unlimited-Luxury with gourmet dining and premium beverages in a choice of six reservation-free restaurants and five stylish bars
- Enjoy endless activities - from kayaking to snorkelling, windsurfing and much more
- Pamper yourself with innovative treatments at the Now Spa by Pevonia
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
Get up to $3600 resort credits to spend on luxurious extras like spa treatments, golf, excursions and so much more!
- Relax and rejuvenate at the world-class spa with 75 treatment rooms
- Enjoy Up to $3600 resort credit to spend on spa, excursions, golf and more
- Dine at a wide choice of restaurants specialising in Italian, Asian and Mexican cuisine
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
The Riviera Maya has long been one of the touristic gems of the Americas. The Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun is set just...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
No matter if you're returning or if this is your first time to Cancun, days full of entertainment and fine dining at the...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...