Two Grand Velas Resorts in Mexico Awarded by EarthCheck for sustainable practices
Two Grand Velas Resorts in Riviera Maya and Riviera Nayarit in Mexico have been awarded Gold and Silver Status, respectively by EarthCheck for their sustainable tourism and environmental practices. The two resorts have both implemented several eco-friendly practices including waste management, water reduction, staff education about conservation, and biodegradable products for cleaning.
EarthCheck has awarded Gold and Silver Status to two Grand Velas Resorts in Riviera Maya and Riviera Nayarit in Mexico. The AAA Five Diamond Grand Velas Riviera Maya received Gold Status for its environmental and sustainable practices such as its co-generation Electricity Plants, two Reverse-Osmosis Desalting Plants and an on-site residual water treatment facility that recycles all of the water throughout the resort.
The resort has botanical gardens with produce used in all of its restaurants; it has constructed artificial reefs in the sea to encourage marine species and it participates in the Federal Sea Turtle Conservation Programme; there are complimentary Behind the Scenes Eco-Tours for guests; and its beach has received a Clean Beaches Certificate from the government.
Located close to Playa del Carmen and Cancun within 205 acres of lush jungle, protected mangroves and a beautiful white sand beach, Grand Velas Riviera Maya is a member of Leading Hotels of the World.
The luxury all-inclusive resort has 491 suites in three categories of lavish accommodation: Zen Grand Suites that are encircled by flora and fauna of the Yucatan Peninsula’s thriving jungle; Ambassador Class, with ocean views and are perfect for families; and the most in-demand accommodation – Grand Class with personal butlers.
Sister property Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit was awarded Silver Status by EarthCheck for its commitment to reducing its environmental impact. The luxury resort separates its waste for recycling, uses responsible energy sources, and uses biodegradable products for cleaning, fertilisation and fumigation.
Staff at the resort have been educated about conservation and respect for the natural world, and they are part of a permanent water-saving campaign. Employees can also suggest ideas for saving resources or implementing new practices in the Green Mailbox, and there’s a Recycling Expo where employees can demonstrate their craftsmanship by turning recycled materials into art and useful items.
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit’s beach continues to hold the Blue Flag certification, which recognises the sustainable development of beaches and their water quality, education, and environmental management. Situated on the northern perimeter of Banderas Bay in Puerto Vallarta near Cancun, the all-inclusive AAA Five Diamond resort recently underwent an extensive refurbishment programme to upgrade nearly half of its 267 suites, two of its five dining outlets, and its luxury spa.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at this beautiful retreat.
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Chic guest rooms feature plush furnishings and ultra modern bathrooms, as well as fantastic amenities
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- Go for the Unlimited-Luxury Experience at one of Mexico's most coveted all-inclusive resorts
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...