Two Grand Velas Resorts in Mexico Awarded by EarthCheck for sustainable practices
Two Grand Velas Resorts in Riviera Maya and Riviera Nayarit in Mexico have been awarded Gold and Silver Status, respectively by EarthCheck for their sustainable tourism and environmental practices. The two resorts have both implemented several eco-friendly practices including waste management, water reduction, staff education about conservation, and biodegradable products for cleaning.
EarthCheck has awarded Gold and Silver Status to two Grand Velas Resorts in Riviera Maya and Riviera Nayarit in Mexico. The AAA Five Diamond Grand Velas Riviera Maya received Gold Status for its environmental and sustainable practices such as its co-generation Electricity Plants, two Reverse-Osmosis Desalting Plants and an on-site residual water treatment facility that recycles all of the water throughout the resort.
The resort has botanical gardens with produce used in all of its restaurants; it has constructed artificial reefs in the sea to encourage marine species and it participates in the Federal Sea Turtle Conservation Programme; there are complimentary Behind the Scenes Eco-Tours for guests; and its beach has received a Clean Beaches Certificate from the government.
Located close to Playa del Carmen and Cancun within 205 acres of lush jungle, protected mangroves and a beautiful white sand beach, Grand Velas Riviera Maya is a member of Leading Hotels of the World.
The luxury all-inclusive resort has 491 suites in three categories of lavish accommodation: Zen Grand Suites that are encircled by flora and fauna of the Yucatan Peninsula’s thriving jungle; Ambassador Class, with ocean views and are perfect for families; and the most in-demand accommodation – Grand Class with personal butlers.
Sister property Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit was awarded Silver Status by EarthCheck for its commitment to reducing its environmental impact. The luxury resort separates its waste for recycling, uses responsible energy sources, and uses biodegradable products for cleaning, fertilisation and fumigation.
Staff at the resort have been educated about conservation and respect for the natural world, and they are part of a permanent water-saving campaign. Employees can also suggest ideas for saving resources or implementing new practices in the Green Mailbox, and there’s a Recycling Expo where employees can demonstrate their craftsmanship by turning recycled materials into art and useful items.
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit’s beach continues to hold the Blue Flag certification, which recognises the sustainable development of beaches and their water quality, education, and environmental management. Situated on the northern perimeter of Banderas Bay in Puerto Vallarta near Cancun, the all-inclusive AAA Five Diamond resort recently underwent an extensive refurbishment programme to upgrade nearly half of its 267 suites, two of its five dining outlets, and its luxury spa.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
Live it up and Experience Cancun in unlimited luxury that knows no bounds at Dreams Sands Cancun Resort and Spa
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Chic guest rooms feature plush furnishings and ultra modern bathrooms, as well as fantastic amenities
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Travel from May onwards and enjoy a fantastic upgrade to a Preferred Club Junior Suite Pool View
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
For the ideal combination of natural beauty and fun-filled activities, look no further than Sunscape Sabor Cozumel....
Playa del Carmen is one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Spend eight days revelling in the fine white sands...
Enjoy the best of Cancun in an eight-day retreat that will both relax and energise you completely. Your home for your...