Cancun Convention and Visitors Bureau highlights 2016 events and attractions in Cancun
The Cancun Convention and Visitors Bureau is promoting a series of new attractions and excursions over the next few months for holidaymakers who are planning their visit to Cancun in Mexico. These include the recently-opened Cancun Wax Museum and the 25th anniversary of the Xcaret Park that will be marked with the opening of the new Xenses Park in June.
Several attractions and events in Cancun are being promoted by the Cancun Convention and Visitors Bureau in a bid to lure more holidaymakers to the popular Mexican region.
Holidaymakers who are planning a trip to Cancun in the coming months will have plenty of attractions and events to look forward to, form music events to new museums.
Tourists can visit the new Cancun Wax Museum that opened in La Isla Shopping Village in the popular Hotel Zone in January this year. The museum features more than a hundred wax characters from films, figures in the sports and music industry, and famous Mexicans, spread across 23 rooms.
The Xcaret Park will be celebrating its 25th anniversary this year, and the milestone will be marked with the opening of Xenses Park on 1st June, 2016. The new park will feature unique experiences through audio, sensorial, aural and visual effects. The attraction is expecting to attract between 1,500 and 3,000 visitors every day.
Music lovers can head to the annual Oasis Jazz U festival at Grand Cancun Oasis on 27th and 28th May, 2016. Musicians at this year's event include Los Musicos de Jose, Tower of Power and Chaka Khan.
Located on the strip of Caribbean coastline on the Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico, Cancun is a popular tourist destination and the city is full of luxury hotels and resorts, gourmet restaurants, nightclubs, tourist attractions, shops and boutiques, world-class golf courses, and diverse activities.
The region has come a long way over recent decades. In 1970, Cancun was an uninhabited area full of unexplored beaches and mangroves, but the region has since become a thriving destination for sun-seekers, spring breakers, foodies, and nature-lovers.
Holidaymakers can scuba dive beneath the surface of the crystal clear turquoise ocean to explore the famous underwater museum and spectacular marine life; trek through lush rainforests that are teeming with diverse wildlife; go zip lining through verdant jungles; or explore the ancient Mayan ruins and temples such as Coba, Ek Balam, San Gervasio, Xcaret, and Chichen Itza.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at this beautiful retreat.
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Chic guest rooms feature plush furnishings and ultra modern bathrooms, as well as fantastic amenities
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- Go for the Unlimited-Luxury Experience at one of Mexico's most coveted all-inclusive resorts
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...