Cancun Convention and Visitors Bureau highlights 2016 events and attractions in Cancun
The Cancun Convention and Visitors Bureau is promoting a series of new attractions and excursions over the next few months for holidaymakers who are planning their visit to Cancun in Mexico. These include the recently-opened Cancun Wax Museum and the 25th anniversary of the Xcaret Park that will be marked with the opening of the new Xenses Park in June.
Several attractions and events in Cancun are being promoted by the Cancun Convention and Visitors Bureau in a bid to lure more holidaymakers to the popular Mexican region.
Holidaymakers who are planning a trip to Cancun in the coming months will have plenty of attractions and events to look forward to, form music events to new museums.
Tourists can visit the new Cancun Wax Museum that opened in La Isla Shopping Village in the popular Hotel Zone in January this year. The museum features more than a hundred wax characters from films, figures in the sports and music industry, and famous Mexicans, spread across 23 rooms.
The Xcaret Park will be celebrating its 25th anniversary this year, and the milestone will be marked with the opening of Xenses Park on 1st June, 2016. The new park will feature unique experiences through audio, sensorial, aural and visual effects. The attraction is expecting to attract between 1,500 and 3,000 visitors every day.
Music lovers can head to the annual Oasis Jazz U festival at Grand Cancun Oasis on 27th and 28th May, 2016. Musicians at this year's event include Los Musicos de Jose, Tower of Power and Chaka Khan.
Located on the strip of Caribbean coastline on the Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico, Cancun is a popular tourist destination and the city is full of luxury hotels and resorts, gourmet restaurants, nightclubs, tourist attractions, shops and boutiques, world-class golf courses, and diverse activities.
The region has come a long way over recent decades. In 1970, Cancun was an uninhabited area full of unexplored beaches and mangroves, but the region has since become a thriving destination for sun-seekers, spring breakers, foodies, and nature-lovers.
Holidaymakers can scuba dive beneath the surface of the crystal clear turquoise ocean to explore the famous underwater museum and spectacular marine life; trek through lush rainforests that are teeming with diverse wildlife; go zip lining through verdant jungles; or explore the ancient Mayan ruins and temples such as Coba, Ek Balam, San Gervasio, Xcaret, and Chichen Itza.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget, why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Boutique-style guestrooms with ocean views and luxury amenities
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Adults only resort promising great parties and only 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults-only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...