The Landings St Lucia launches competition to Win Triathlon and Romance Package
St Lucia is famous for being the most romantic island in Caribbean and The Landings resort has launched a package that combines romance and the annual triathlon, Tri St Lucia. The luxury resort has teamed up with Tri St Lucia to offer a package have joined forces to give away a special romantic package that includes free entry to the triathlon for one or both partners, a private dinner on the beach at The Landings, and more.
Romance and the annual triathlon are two things that the island of St Lucia is famous for, and a new package giveaway has been launched to celebrate both this November.
Tri St Lucia and The Landings resort have teamed up to give away a special package for a couple who might be planning to pop the question at the sports event.
Marriage proposals are not unusual at Tri St Lucia, and over the last two years, two participants, David Marshall to Jessica Mitchell-Wright, have been so overwhelmed by the event and the beauty, that David decided to pop the question at the finish line in 2014.
David Marshall visited St Lucia the year before to take part in Tri St Lucia, which inspired him to propose. David explained:
"I thought it was one of the most beautiful places I had ever been to. I wanted to make the proposal special and something Jessica would never forget so I thought where better than St Lucia."
When David crossed the finishing line, he got down on one knee and asked Jessica for her hand in marriage in front of hundreds of spectators. He had brought the ring over with him from the UK, ordered flowers for Jessica to celebrate the special moment.
The prize package launched by Tri St Lucia and The Landings will include free entry for one or both partners to the triathlon, a private dinner on the beach at the luxury resort, a sunset boat cruise, and a couple's massage at the Landings' Soleil Spa.
To enter the prize draw, email Julia@tristlucia.com by 30th April, 2016.
Tri St Lucia will take place on 19th November, 2016, and the course includes swimming in the turquoise waters off Rodney Bay, cycling through the countryside on the north of the island, and running to St Lucia's famous Pigeon Island.
There are three different distances available to complete, so entrants of all levels can have a go.
St Lucia is an island nation in the Caribbean Sea and it is a hotpot for romantic weddings, honeymoons, and family holiday. The 238-square-mile Caribbean island lives up to its tagline "Simply Beautiful" and as the recipient of multiple international awards.
Popular tourist attractions include the cascading Diamond Falls, the famous Anse Chastanet beach and one of the only drive-thru volcanoes in the world. Visitors can explore the harbour town and capital city, Castries, or hike through Pigeon Island National Park, which features the old British military base, Fort Rodney.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Experience a fabulous family comfort at Bay Gardens Inn
- Free daily breakfast and a private terrace and balcony in every room
- Enjoy a taste of the Caribbean at Creole Pot restaurant, with island favourites prepared each morning
- All Guests gain complimentary access to Bay Gardens Beach Resort's Splash Island Water Park and Water sports!
- Delight in a wide variety of massages and therapies at the beutiful La Mer Spa
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Please note hotel is closed for renovations on 1st-30th September 17
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
- Save up to a fantastic 60%!! and the 1st Child STAYS FREE plus Book a Garden View and get upgraded to an Ocean View!!!
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
Guests will be delighted by this couples only resort, set on an expansive stretch of the golden sandy beach
- Book a standard coach transfer and get a FREE Upgrade to a Private Transfer - Must book before 25th October 2016
- The resort offers a refined yet fun atmosphere and a superb range of dining options and leisure facilities
- The red lane spa offers exclusive services ideal for relaxation and rejuvenation
- Enjoy a round of golf at the 9 hole golf course, laze by the pool, try the range of water sports or dance the night away at the nightclub
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Exclusive offer: Massive Savings of upto £750 per person!
- Recently refurbished, including the addition of a new "toes in the sand" restaurant
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...