The Landings St Lucia launches competition to Win Triathlon and Romance Package
St Lucia is famous for being the most romantic island in Caribbean and The Landings resort has launched a package that combines romance and the annual triathlon, Tri St Lucia. The luxury resort has teamed up with Tri St Lucia to offer a package have joined forces to give away a special romantic package that includes free entry to the triathlon for one or both partners, a private dinner on the beach at The Landings, and more.
Romance and the annual triathlon are two things that the island of St Lucia is famous for, and a new package giveaway has been launched to celebrate both this November.
Tri St Lucia and The Landings resort have teamed up to give away a special package for a couple who might be planning to pop the question at the sports event.
Marriage proposals are not unusual at Tri St Lucia, and over the last two years, two participants, David Marshall to Jessica Mitchell-Wright, have been so overwhelmed by the event and the beauty, that David decided to pop the question at the finish line in 2014.
David Marshall visited St Lucia the year before to take part in Tri St Lucia, which inspired him to propose. David explained:
"I thought it was one of the most beautiful places I had ever been to. I wanted to make the proposal special and something Jessica would never forget so I thought where better than St Lucia."
When David crossed the finishing line, he got down on one knee and asked Jessica for her hand in marriage in front of hundreds of spectators. He had brought the ring over with him from the UK, ordered flowers for Jessica to celebrate the special moment.
The prize package launched by Tri St Lucia and The Landings will include free entry for one or both partners to the triathlon, a private dinner on the beach at the luxury resort, a sunset boat cruise, and a couple's massage at the Landings' Soleil Spa.
To enter the prize draw, email Julia@tristlucia.com by 30th April, 2016.
Tri St Lucia will take place on 19th November, 2016, and the course includes swimming in the turquoise waters off Rodney Bay, cycling through the countryside on the north of the island, and running to St Lucia's famous Pigeon Island.
There are three different distances available to complete, so entrants of all levels can have a go.
St Lucia is an island nation in the Caribbean Sea and it is a hotpot for romantic weddings, honeymoons, and family holiday. The 238-square-mile Caribbean island lives up to its tagline "Simply Beautiful" and as the recipient of multiple international awards.
Popular tourist attractions include the cascading Diamond Falls, the famous Anse Chastanet beach and one of the only drive-thru volcanoes in the world. Visitors can explore the harbour town and capital city, Castries, or hike through Pigeon Island National Park, which features the old British military base, Fort Rodney.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Experience an unforgettable holiday in St Lucia, marvel at the wonderful sandy beach and enjoy street life in the restaurants, cafe's and bars of Rodney Bay.
- The Kids Club offers a range of activities to keep your little ones happy
- Enjoy the sunfish sailing and snorkelling
- Full buffet breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner included
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia expericne
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
Enjoy breathtaking sunsets and blue sparkling waters of the Caribbean Sea at two beautiful all-inclusive St Lucia resort
Fantastic amenities, personalised services, and an endless range of activities for the whole family at St James Club, Morgan Bay, and Coconut Bay Beach Resort and Spa.
- Benefit from All-Inclusive programmes at both hotels, and enjoy a variety of complimentary activities, delicious meals at the restaurants, and a variety of entertainment for the whole family.
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa a free access to the largest waterpark in St Lucia, featuring five swimming pools, two waterslides, and a lazy river.
- Being close to Cap Estate Golf Course, capital city of Castries, and the world-class Rodney bay Marina, St James Club Morgan Bay Resort is a perfect base for exploring the island
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Find peace and quiet as you enjoy the astounding natural beauty which surrounds the Marigot Bay hotel during an 8-day...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
The volcanic island of St. Lucia is one abundant in natural beauty. It is home to the most mountains among the Caribbean...