Sandos Cancun to host cocktail party for Cancun Riviera Maya Wine and Food Festival
The Cancun Riviera Maya Wine and Food Festival 2016 will be taking place next month, and the culinary festivities will kick off at Sandos Cancun Luxury resort. The hotel will host a cocktail party on 27th April ahead of the food and wine events that will take place over four days across Cancun's Hotel Zone and the Riviera Maya.
It's that time of year again, when foodies get ready to flock to Mexico for the Cancun Riviera Maya Wine and Food Festival.
Taking place from 28th April to 1st May, 2016, this year will be the fifth edition of the popular festival, and the celebrations will kick off at the Sandos Cancun Luxury Resort on 27th April.
Most of the culinary events will be taking place at the Hotel Zone in Cancun, as well as within stunning settings across the Riviera Maya and Cancun Beach.
During the four-day event, there will be chef demonstrations, tasting sessions, cooking classes, wine tastings, Star Chef dinners, talks from chefs and sommeliers, and activities and delicious treats in the Gourmet Tasting Village.
The welcome cocktail party at Sandos Cancun will give guests an opportunity to meet the chefs who are participating in this year's event, while enjoying the tropical setting by the sea.
Federico Lopez, a Mexican Chef and founder of the Cancun Riviera Maya Wine and Food Festival, said in a statement:
"The destination, Riviera Maya as well as Cancun, has become a gastronomical destination, more so than it already was, but now let's just say that some very, very interesting cuisine is happing in the region. At the same time, chefs are already seeing the destination as an innovative point of reference... not just because of the festival, but for vacations as well.
"The festival has the responsibility to keep up the quality it is already providing, and keep creating more cuisine. We have great hotels, great restaurants and great tourist attractions... Mexican cuisine is very on trend right now, and the gateway is this tourist destination."
The Sandos Cancun Luxury Resort is situated upon a stunning white sand beach, just a short distance from Cancun International Airport and the city's tourist attractions, bars, night clubs and shopping areas.
The beachfront resort has 214 guest rooms, including 74 Premium Level suites, and upscale facilities including gourmet restaurants, a fitness centre, three swimming pools and a full-service spa.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
Unwind and relax on a pristine beach knowing your kids are enjoying endless endless activities, designed especially for them at the Treasure Island Water Park
- Enjoy a film at the onsite private cinema
- Dine at a wide range of 10 restaurants & 11 bars
- Make a splash at Treasure Island Water Park
Live it up and Experience Cancun in unlimited luxury that knows no bounds at Dreams Sands Cancun Resort and Spa
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Chic guest rooms feature plush furnishings and ultra modern bathrooms, as well as fantastic amenities
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Enjoy the best of Cancun in an eight-day retreat that will both relax and energise you completely. Your home for your...
For the ideal combination of natural beauty and fun-filled activities, look no further than Sunscape Sabor Cozumel....
Immerse yourself in eight divine days of delight at the Occidental Cozumel in Playa San Francisco. Sit back and relax in...