Sandos Cancun to host cocktail party for Cancun Riviera Maya Wine and Food Festival
The Cancun Riviera Maya Wine and Food Festival 2016 will be taking place next month, and the culinary festivities will kick off at Sandos Cancun Luxury resort. The hotel will host a cocktail party on 27th April ahead of the food and wine events that will take place over four days across Cancun's Hotel Zone and the Riviera Maya.
It's that time of year again, when foodies get ready to flock to Mexico for the Cancun Riviera Maya Wine and Food Festival.
Taking place from 28th April to 1st May, 2016, this year will be the fifth edition of the popular festival, and the celebrations will kick off at the Sandos Cancun Luxury Resort on 27th April.
Most of the culinary events will be taking place at the Hotel Zone in Cancun, as well as within stunning settings across the Riviera Maya and Cancun Beach.
During the four-day event, there will be chef demonstrations, tasting sessions, cooking classes, wine tastings, Star Chef dinners, talks from chefs and sommeliers, and activities and delicious treats in the Gourmet Tasting Village.
The welcome cocktail party at Sandos Cancun will give guests an opportunity to meet the chefs who are participating in this year's event, while enjoying the tropical setting by the sea.
Federico Lopez, a Mexican Chef and founder of the Cancun Riviera Maya Wine and Food Festival, said in a statement:
"The destination, Riviera Maya as well as Cancun, has become a gastronomical destination, more so than it already was, but now let's just say that some very, very interesting cuisine is happing in the region. At the same time, chefs are already seeing the destination as an innovative point of reference... not just because of the festival, but for vacations as well.
"The festival has the responsibility to keep up the quality it is already providing, and keep creating more cuisine. We have great hotels, great restaurants and great tourist attractions... Mexican cuisine is very on trend right now, and the gateway is this tourist destination."
The Sandos Cancun Luxury Resort is situated upon a stunning white sand beach, just a short distance from Cancun International Airport and the city's tourist attractions, bars, night clubs and shopping areas.
The beachfront resort has 214 guest rooms, including 74 Premium Level suites, and upscale facilities including gourmet restaurants, a fitness centre, three swimming pools and a full-service spa.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget, why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Spoil yourself rotten with a pampering holiday at one of Cancun's most luxurious all inclusive resorts, with a long list of fully-included facilities, activities and services - everyone in the family is guaranteed to be pleased!
- Just 30 minutes away from Xcaret Park, an Ecological & Archaeological Theme Park with various family activities
- Explorer's Club for ages 3-12 and Core Zone for ages 9-17 provide a whole host of activities from euro-bungee to big screen movies on the beach
- Book now and Enjoy a fantastic upgrade to Preferred Club Junior Suite Tropical View Room and gain various added values including Upgraded mini-bar service and bath amenities
- As well as food & beverages, Unlimited-Luxury includes theme parties, daytime and evening entertainment and all the activities at the kids and teens clubs
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Adults only resort promising great parties and only 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
Get up to $3600 resort credits to spend on luxurious extras like spa treatments, golf, excursions and so much more!
- Stay for 10 Nights or more and up to 2 kids up to the age of 12 stay free
- Relax and rejuvenate at the world-class spa with 75 treatment rooms
- Dine at a wide choice of restaurants specialising in Italian, Asian and Mexican cuisine
- Enjoy Up to $3600 resort credit to spend on spa, excursions, golf and more
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...