Sandos Cancun to host cocktail party for Cancun Riviera Maya Wine and Food Festival
The Cancun Riviera Maya Wine and Food Festival 2016 will be taking place next month, and the culinary festivities will kick off at Sandos Cancun Luxury resort. The hotel will host a cocktail party on 27th April ahead of the food and wine events that will take place over four days across Cancun's Hotel Zone and the Riviera Maya.
It's that time of year again, when foodies get ready to flock to Mexico for the Cancun Riviera Maya Wine and Food Festival.
Taking place from 28th April to 1st May, 2016, this year will be the fifth edition of the popular festival, and the celebrations will kick off at the Sandos Cancun Luxury Resort on 27th April.
Most of the culinary events will be taking place at the Hotel Zone in Cancun, as well as within stunning settings across the Riviera Maya and Cancun Beach.
During the four-day event, there will be chef demonstrations, tasting sessions, cooking classes, wine tastings, Star Chef dinners, talks from chefs and sommeliers, and activities and delicious treats in the Gourmet Tasting Village.
The welcome cocktail party at Sandos Cancun will give guests an opportunity to meet the chefs who are participating in this year's event, while enjoying the tropical setting by the sea.
Federico Lopez, a Mexican Chef and founder of the Cancun Riviera Maya Wine and Food Festival, said in a statement:
"The destination, Riviera Maya as well as Cancun, has become a gastronomical destination, more so than it already was, but now let's just say that some very, very interesting cuisine is happing in the region. At the same time, chefs are already seeing the destination as an innovative point of reference... not just because of the festival, but for vacations as well.
"The festival has the responsibility to keep up the quality it is already providing, and keep creating more cuisine. We have great hotels, great restaurants and great tourist attractions... Mexican cuisine is very on trend right now, and the gateway is this tourist destination."
The Sandos Cancun Luxury Resort is situated upon a stunning white sand beach, just a short distance from Cancun International Airport and the city's tourist attractions, bars, night clubs and shopping areas.
The beachfront resort has 214 guest rooms, including 74 Premium Level suites, and upscale facilities including gourmet restaurants, a fitness centre, three swimming pools and a full-service spa.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- The proximity to the "best-preserved Mayan ruins in the Western Hemisphere"
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
Live it up and Experience Cancun in unlimited luxury that knows no bounds at Dreams Sands Cancun Resort and Spa
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Chic guest rooms feature plush furnishings and ultra modern bathrooms, as well as fantastic amenities
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at The Grand Lifestyle at...