Sandos Cancun to host cocktail party for Cancun Riviera Maya Wine and Food Festival
The Cancun Riviera Maya Wine and Food Festival 2016 will be taking place next month, and the culinary festivities will kick off at Sandos Cancun Luxury resort. The hotel will host a cocktail party on 27th April ahead of the food and wine events that will take place over four days across Cancun's Hotel Zone and the Riviera Maya.
It's that time of year again, when foodies get ready to flock to Mexico for the Cancun Riviera Maya Wine and Food Festival.
Taking place from 28th April to 1st May, 2016, this year will be the fifth edition of the popular festival, and the celebrations will kick off at the Sandos Cancun Luxury Resort on 27th April.
Most of the culinary events will be taking place at the Hotel Zone in Cancun, as well as within stunning settings across the Riviera Maya and Cancun Beach.
During the four-day event, there will be chef demonstrations, tasting sessions, cooking classes, wine tastings, Star Chef dinners, talks from chefs and sommeliers, and activities and delicious treats in the Gourmet Tasting Village.
The welcome cocktail party at Sandos Cancun will give guests an opportunity to meet the chefs who are participating in this year's event, while enjoying the tropical setting by the sea.
Federico Lopez, a Mexican Chef and founder of the Cancun Riviera Maya Wine and Food Festival, said in a statement:
"The destination, Riviera Maya as well as Cancun, has become a gastronomical destination, more so than it already was, but now let's just say that some very, very interesting cuisine is happing in the region. At the same time, chefs are already seeing the destination as an innovative point of reference... not just because of the festival, but for vacations as well.
"The festival has the responsibility to keep up the quality it is already providing, and keep creating more cuisine. We have great hotels, great restaurants and great tourist attractions... Mexican cuisine is very on trend right now, and the gateway is this tourist destination."
The Sandos Cancun Luxury Resort is situated upon a stunning white sand beach, just a short distance from Cancun International Airport and the city's tourist attractions, bars, night clubs and shopping areas.
The beachfront resort has 214 guest rooms, including 74 Premium Level suites, and upscale facilities including gourmet restaurants, a fitness centre, three swimming pools and a full-service spa.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
At Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, you will experience unlimited all inclusive luxury 24 Hours a day - it's the holiday of a lifetime
- Unlimited-Luxury with gourmet dining and premium beverages in a choice of six reservation-free restaurants and five stylish bars
- Enjoy endless activities - from kayaking to snorkelling, windsurfing and much more
- Pamper yourself with innovative treatments at the Now Spa by Pevonia
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Boutique-style guestrooms with ocean views and luxury amenities
Get up to $3600 resort credits to spend on luxurious extras like spa treatments, golf, excursions and so much more!
- Relax and rejuvenate at the world-class spa with 75 treatment rooms
- Enjoy Up to $3600 resort credit to spend on spa, excursions, golf and more
- Dine at a wide choice of restaurants specialising in Italian, Asian and Mexican cuisine
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
The Riviera Maya has long been one of the touristic gems of the Americas. The Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun is set just...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
No matter if you're returning or if this is your first time to Cancun, days full of entertainment and fine dining at the...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...