Hard Rock International to open second hotel in Dominican Republic
Hard Rock International has broken ground on the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in the Dominican Republic. The 400-room resort is located in the country's capital Santo Domingo, and is scheduled to open in late 2017 with 23,000 square-foot modern casino, screening room, nightclub, Body Rock gym, Rock Shop, and Rock Spa.
The ground has been broken at the second Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in the Dominican Republic. The Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Santo Domingo will have 400 guest rooms and suites and is scheduled to open to guests in late 2017.
Situate in the centre of Santo Domingo, the capital of the Dominican Republic, the new hotel will have a 23,000 square-foot casino, screening room, and a nightclub that will opening up to the resort's main swimming pool.
The casino will have 400 slot machines, 40 table games, a private gaming room on the exclusive suite floor and two bars.
The luxury resort will have the brand's signature Rock Spa with its Rhythm and Motion treatments, the Body Rock fitness centre, the Rock Shop where guests can buy Hard Rock merchandise, and a variety of restaurants and bars including poo bar and grill, a cigar lounge, the Lobby Bar, and a speciality restaurant run by a celebrity chef.
"The Dominican Republic is the region's most visited country and continues to be the top performing destination in the Caribbean. In fact, the country received 19% of the record number of 26.3 million visitors to the Caribbean region in 2014."
Stated Nelson Parker, the Vice President of Casino Development at Hard Rock International. Mr Parker also explained:
"The decision to bring a full service hotel and the brand's second Caribbean casino to the Dominican Republic is a testament to the country's remarkable strength in tourism."
Unlike other Hard Rock hotels, the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Santo Domingo will not be all-inclusive. The property will have a Rock Star Suite and a Rock Royalty Level floor, and 23,000 square-feet of meeting and events space. Guests will also have access to the Blue Mall, Santo Domingo's main shopping centre.
Mr Parker commented on this new destination:
"With seven international airports, 28 golf courses and more than 1,000 miles of beaches, it's easy to understand how the Dominican Republic maintains an average year-round hotel occupancy of 87%. Capital city Santo Domingo, a UNESCO world heritage site, has long been a tourist favourite.
"The city's historic Colonial Zone is undergoing extensive renovations, which will add even more appeal for visitors. Also, a recently finished new highway between Punta Cana and Santo Domingo cuts travel time between the two destinations from four hours to two."
This will be the second Hard Rock hotel in the Dominican Republic, after the 1,800-room beachfront and all-inclusive Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Punta Cana.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dominican Republic Browse all
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Premium All Inclusive property with a selection of food and beverages on offer
Enjoy the relaxed vibes of the all inclusive resort in Punta Cana, complete with exclusive extras for couples!
- Enjoy a la carte cuisine in La Gondola, La perla or grills at media luna
- The resort is set in a picturesque location beside a secluded stretch of beach at Punta Cana
- Receive a 10% discount at the hotel spa
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
You'll be instantly rewarded with up to $3,600 resort credit to use towards spa treatments, golf, premium drinks and much more
- Complimentary Tickts available to see Shakira! Call for more details
- Stay for 10 Nights or more and up to 2 kids up to the age of 12 stay free
- Suites feature a double Jacuzzi and fully stocked mini bar including spirits and premium brands
- Choice of 13 swimming pools and 35 spa suites to relax in
- Get up to US$3600 Limitless Resort Credits which can be used towards selected Tours, Golf, Spa, Beauty Salon services, Romantic dinners and much more
A holiday at the Dominican Republic's Punta Cana is highly recommended for several reasons. Find out for yourself why so...
Unwind and enjoy the beauty of the Caribbean Sea at the all-inclusive Now Larimar Punta Cana, located on the...
A holiday on the picturesque beaches of the Dominican Republic is what most everyone dreams about. Make your dreams come...
Enjoy the best of the Dominican Republic with a holiday at Bayahibe, a resort town choke full of attractions. Beside...
Beautifully located on the Dominican Republic´s lush southeast coast, Casa de Campo is a magnificent eco-friendly...
Spend eight unforgettable days in the easternmost tip of the Dominican Republic enjoying Punta Cana's pristine beaches...