Autograph Collection adds El Mangroove in Costa Rica to its portfolio
A new hotel in Costa Rica has been added to the portfolio of Autograph Collection Hotels. El Mangroove will be the brand's second property in the country, and is located off the Gulf of Papagayo on 17 acres of lush tropical land. With 83 guest suites, holidaymakers will be able to enjoy the beachfront setting and facilities including a swimming pool, spa and fitness centre, and the MAKOKO restaurant.
Autograph Collection Hotels has announced that it has added a second hotel in Costa Rica to its portfolio. El Mangroove is situated off the Gulf of Papagayo in the Guanacaste region of Costa Rica, and is spread across 17 acres of tropical land.
Sitting on 150 metres of beachfront, the resort has incorporated the country's natural beauty in its design and architecture with wood, stone, bamboo and water elements featured throughout.
The property has 83 guest suites and an array of facilities including a 130-foot swimming pool that offers views overlooking the sparkling Gulf of Papagayo, a modern spa and fitness centre, and outdoor exercise decks and "wild-fit" areas.
"We are proud to welcome El Mangroove to Autograph Collection Hotels and into our family of properties and brands across the Caribbean and Latin America."
Stated Tim Sheldon, the President of the Caribbean and Latin America at Marriott International. Mr Sheldon also explained:
"This year we welcomed our 100th property in the region, and I am certain that El Mangroove will bring both a unique and culturally rich perspective to the expanding portfolio."
Guests will have a choice of two dining outlets: MAKOKO with its farm-to-table and ocean-to-table menus, and the oceanfront MATISS with its teak deck, fresh menu, and informal setting.
El Mangroove hosts regular live entertainment and music for guests, and holidaymakers will have access to on-site bicycles, paddle boards, kayaks, and boats that can be used for fishing and surfing trips, sunset tours, and whale and dolphin watching excursions.
"Joining forces with a power house in the lodging industry like Marriott International is a true acknowledgement of our efforts and commitment to offering unique guest experiences."
Explained Jose Monge, the General Manager of El Mangroove. Mr Monge continued:
"We are very excited about this new venture and look forward to the success of this hotel in the years to come under the Autograph Collection Hotels brand."
The luxury hotel is located just 20 minutes from Daniel Oduber International Airport in Liberia in the Guanacaste province.
Guanacaste boasts an array of pristine white sand beaches and the thriving Rincon de la Vieja National Park which is home to beautiful cascading waterfalls and a variety of wildlife species such as monkeys, sloths, tapirs, wild cats and hundreds of colourful birds.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
You are sure to marvel at nature's treasures in Costa Rica, a paradise of lush forests, crystal coves, fine-sand beaches and exotic wildlife
- Marvel at Costa Rica's array of stunning settings, including forests, volcanic cliffs, beaches.
- Try snorkelling, kayaking, tennis, bocce ball, chess, access to a scuba clinic & more
- Relish unlimited Costa Rican and world cuisines in 4 and restaurants and 4 bars
Go for the thrills and spills of a naturally rich Central American nation, packed with unforgettable adventures and unique encounters.
- Elegant and comfortable accommodations with quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience
- Learn more about Costa Rica with unique experience of the guided hiking tour, Arenal Volcano National Park Nature Walk, Doka Coffee Tour and much more to explore
- Includes a guided hiking tour through the rainforest with a lot of insight about flora, fauna and the volcano's history
Explore the peaceful oasis that is Costa Rica and enjoy various activities that make for an unforgettable holiday
- A journey of discovery to an eco -tourist dream destination
- This unique experience of canopy walkways allows you to experience the virgin cloud forest treetops. Through a bridge system you can marvel at the world's most amazing and beautiful flora and fauna
- San Jose, Arenal, and the conservation project in Monteverde
Surrounding the resort is an up-and-coming surf community, which offers guests with a variety of exciting tours and excursions
- Book in any Preferred Club Room and receive the Free to Explore package including a Nicaragua Tour and Much more
- Spoil yourself with Unlimited-Luxury, where everything is included such as: gourmet dining options, limitless top-shelf spirits, 24-hour room service and much more
- Both kids and teens can mingle at our Explorers Club for kids and Core Zone for teens, while adults can relax by the poolside, enjoy a romantic dinner by the beach or unwind at Dreams Spa by Pevonia.
- Perfect location to enjoy nature at its finest
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife, it's an...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
The best holiday experience awaits for you at Palma Real Hotel & Casino in Costa Rica. Located just 5 minutes away from...
Country Inns & Suites in San Jose is located in the middle of everything, close to the shopping and attractions of the...
Located just a short walk from the city's main avenue and downtown, Park Inn by Radisson is a perfect base for exploring...