AMResorts opens Sunscape Puerto Plata Dominican Republic
AMResorts celebrated the opening of its new resort in the Dominican Republic last week, the Sunscape Puerto Plata. The 585-room resort offers the brand's signature Unlimited-Fun concept, and facilities including an 18-hole golf course, seven bars, nine dining outlets, and the Explorer's Club for Kids and Core Zone Teens Club.
Last week saw the opening of the brand new Sunscape Puerto Plata Dominican Republic Resort. Owned by AMResorts, the family-friendly hotel is the first to open under the Sunscape brand in the Dominican Republic.
With 585 guest rooms and suites, the resort caters for families and offers an array of facilities and the signature Unlimited-Fun concept where everything is included.
Gonzalo del Peon, the President of AMResorts, explained:
"Consistently, the Dominican Republic tops travellers' lists as a leisure destination of choice. The Puerto Plata region is a perfect fit for the Sunscape Resorts and Spas portfolio. Its rich beauty, history and culture gives families the opportunity to explore, relax and enjoy an unforgettable vacation."
Situated on the north coast of the Dominican Republic, the luxury resort has the Explorer's Club for Kids (3-12-year-olds) and Core Zone Teens Club (13-17-year-olds). Little guests will also receive a special kid's check-in with red carpet stairs, welcome treats and resort passports.
The property has seven bars, nine restaurants serving international cuisine, and guests can enjoy regular live music and local entertainment.
The oceanfront Sunscape Puerto Plata boasts a Robert Trent Jones-designed 18-hole golf course, and guests can take part in a variety of fun activities such as wind surfing, kayaking, snorkelling, and trips to the nearby natural river pools and waterfalls at 27 Damajagua Cascades.
"Expanding the Sunscape brand to the Dominican Republic offers a budget-friendly alternative in a prime destination that maximizes value for travellers."
Noted Alex Zozaya, the CEO of Apple Leisure Group. Mr Zozaya also commented:
"The Dominican Republic is easily accessible from major North American gateways, allowing families to vacation in a great beachside location."
Puerto Plata boasts several uncrowded beautiful beaches and a town which is rich in history and culture. The region is a fantastic destination for adventure holidays and eco-tours thanks to its lush jungles.
AMResorts was established in 2001 and now operates several luxury resorts and spas across the Caribbean, Dominican Republic and Mexico. The company's brands include Zoetry Wellness and Spa Resorts, Secrets Resorts and Spas, Now Resorts and Spas, Sunscape Resorts and Spas, and Dreams Resorts and Spas.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Discover everything the ‘Island of the Gods’ has to offer with a stay in the buzzing Seminyak area
- Restore your inner balance at Taum Spa or take a surfing lesson
- Incredible value upgrades to private pool rooms
- Complimentary shuttle to town centre and Petitenget Beach
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Premium All Inclusive property with a selection of food and beverages on offer
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...