American company promotes the classy experience of flying in private jets to Cuba
JetSuite, based in California, launched a service that reaches the major airport in Havana, connecting this capital with cities like New York, Chicago, Dallas, New Orleans, Atlanta and Miami. Nevertheless, costumers still need to get permissions from the U.S government for travelling to Cuba.
Luxury charters for a maximum of six passengers flying in non-stop journeys to Cuba is the new service promoted by the American operator JetSuite, the first U.S. private company that has taken the chance of exploiting this area of the aviation market since the recent easing of travel regulations between both countries.
Alex Wilcox, JetSuite CEO, stated last week that his company:
"...continues to revolve around making private air travel accessible to more people than ever before, and offering an unprecedented level of transparency, and we are thrilled to expand our service to Cuba."
To be unambiguous with the prices is one of the pillars of this American enterprise, which has already posted in its website a list specifying the charges for the trips, depending on their length.
Flying in a Cessna CJ3 will cost between $11,152 and $23,675 U.S. dollars. When they announced the service, the company declared that due to restrictions surrounding U.S. citizen travel to Cuba, actual pricing is estimated at the company's June 2015 50k member rates.
JetSuite passengers are still responsible for obtaining their own permissions for traveling to Cuba from the U.S. government, and they are required to present their licenses to the company. Clients could visit the island if they prove, for example, that they will be visiting their family; making official business; reporting events as journalists; taking part on professional research or meetings; and participating in educational, religious, artistic, sports and humanitarian activities or projects.
Wilcox said to the press that even with these standing regulations JetSuite has received requests from potential customers, keen to explore an exciting destination in a reformation period.
On October last year, British based private operator Victor, partnering with Educational Travel, kicked off a service that connects nineteen U.S. cities with Havana, Cuba; offering clients the opportunity to choose from a range of private jets and to build their itineraries.
Regular commercial flights between the U.S. and Cuba are not approved yet, as the longstanding embargo impedes this type of activity. However, the amount of companies offering charter services has increased last year.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Club Amigo Aguas Azules has to offer for an amazing price!
- All inclusive features a buffet restaurant, 2 a la carte restaurants and a choice of 4 bars (Local Sprits, Wine, beer & soft drinks served)
- Fantastic all-inclusive package with unlimited drinks 24/7
- Excellent selection of bars and restaurants Offers 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach.
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from Capri's rooftop swimming pool
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break at Blau Varadero, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a fantastic Havana City Tour
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, special room upgrade and other services
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Upgrade to The Royalton Hicacos Diamond Club and benefit from personalized check in, exclusive beach area, room service 24 hours and much more
- Benefit from the multiple swimming pools and a wide variety of non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Couples can enjoy little 'extras' at Melia Habana Hotel, offering a sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...