American company promotes the classy experience of flying in private jets to Cuba
JetSuite, based in California, launched a service that reaches the major airport in Havana, connecting this capital with cities like New York, Chicago, Dallas, New Orleans, Atlanta and Miami. Nevertheless, costumers still need to get permissions from the U.S government for travelling to Cuba.
Luxury charters for a maximum of six passengers flying in non-stop journeys to Cuba is the new service promoted by the American operator JetSuite, the first U.S. private company that has taken the chance of exploiting this area of the aviation market since the recent easing of travel regulations between both countries.
Alex Wilcox, JetSuite CEO, stated last week that his company:
"...continues to revolve around making private air travel accessible to more people than ever before, and offering an unprecedented level of transparency, and we are thrilled to expand our service to Cuba."
To be unambiguous with the prices is one of the pillars of this American enterprise, which has already posted in its website a list specifying the charges for the trips, depending on their length.
Flying in a Cessna CJ3 will cost between $11,152 and $23,675 U.S. dollars. When they announced the service, the company declared that due to restrictions surrounding U.S. citizen travel to Cuba, actual pricing is estimated at the company's June 2015 50k member rates.
JetSuite passengers are still responsible for obtaining their own permissions for traveling to Cuba from the U.S. government, and they are required to present their licenses to the company. Clients could visit the island if they prove, for example, that they will be visiting their family; making official business; reporting events as journalists; taking part on professional research or meetings; and participating in educational, religious, artistic, sports and humanitarian activities or projects.
Wilcox said to the press that even with these standing regulations JetSuite has received requests from potential customers, keen to explore an exciting destination in a reformation period.
On October last year, British based private operator Victor, partnering with Educational Travel, kicked off a service that connects nineteen U.S. cities with Havana, Cuba; offering clients the opportunity to choose from a range of private jets and to build their itineraries.
Regular commercial flights between the U.S. and Cuba are not approved yet, as the longstanding embargo impedes this type of activity. However, the amount of companies offering charter services has increased last year.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- Stunning hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly, offering the best of both worlds for adventure or relaxation
- Stay in a Sea View Room in Havana for all three nights, for an extra £20 per person
- Fly premium-economy class from an extra £199 per person, each way
- Little touches to make your holiday extra special, including a welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava upon arrival in Havana and Varadero
- Experience the world famous Varadero beach, where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Explore the many entertaining sites of the famous Varadero beach in Cuba, while enjoying a peaceful 10-day getaway at...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...