American company promotes the classy experience of flying in private jets to Cuba
JetSuite, based in California, launched a service that reaches the major airport in Havana, connecting this capital with cities like New York, Chicago, Dallas, New Orleans, Atlanta and Miami. Nevertheless, costumers still need to get permissions from the U.S government for travelling to Cuba.
Luxury charters for a maximum of six passengers flying in non-stop journeys to Cuba is the new service promoted by the American operator JetSuite, the first U.S. private company that has taken the chance of exploiting this area of the aviation market since the recent easing of travel regulations between both countries.
Alex Wilcox, JetSuite CEO, stated last week that his company:
"...continues to revolve around making private air travel accessible to more people than ever before, and offering an unprecedented level of transparency, and we are thrilled to expand our service to Cuba."
To be unambiguous with the prices is one of the pillars of this American enterprise, which has already posted in its website a list specifying the charges for the trips, depending on their length.
Flying in a Cessna CJ3 will cost between $11,152 and $23,675 U.S. dollars. When they announced the service, the company declared that due to restrictions surrounding U.S. citizen travel to Cuba, actual pricing is estimated at the company's June 2015 50k member rates.
JetSuite passengers are still responsible for obtaining their own permissions for traveling to Cuba from the U.S. government, and they are required to present their licenses to the company. Clients could visit the island if they prove, for example, that they will be visiting their family; making official business; reporting events as journalists; taking part on professional research or meetings; and participating in educational, religious, artistic, sports and humanitarian activities or projects.
Wilcox said to the press that even with these standing regulations JetSuite has received requests from potential customers, keen to explore an exciting destination in a reformation period.
On October last year, British based private operator Victor, partnering with Educational Travel, kicked off a service that connects nineteen U.S. cities with Havana, Cuba; offering clients the opportunity to choose from a range of private jets and to build their itineraries.
Regular commercial flights between the U.S. and Cuba are not approved yet, as the longstanding embargo impedes this type of activity. However, the amount of companies offering charter services has increased last year.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th May 2017
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...