American company promotes the classy experience of flying in private jets to Cuba
JetSuite, based in California, launched a service that reaches the major airport in Havana, connecting this capital with cities like New York, Chicago, Dallas, New Orleans, Atlanta and Miami. Nevertheless, costumers still need to get permissions from the U.S government for travelling to Cuba.
Luxury charters for a maximum of six passengers flying in non-stop journeys to Cuba is the new service promoted by the American operator JetSuite, the first U.S. private company that has taken the chance of exploiting this area of the aviation market since the recent easing of travel regulations between both countries.
Alex Wilcox, JetSuite CEO, stated last week that his company:
"...continues to revolve around making private air travel accessible to more people than ever before, and offering an unprecedented level of transparency, and we are thrilled to expand our service to Cuba."
To be unambiguous with the prices is one of the pillars of this American enterprise, which has already posted in its website a list specifying the charges for the trips, depending on their length.
Flying in a Cessna CJ3 will cost between $11,152 and $23,675 U.S. dollars. When they announced the service, the company declared that due to restrictions surrounding U.S. citizen travel to Cuba, actual pricing is estimated at the company's June 2015 50k member rates.
JetSuite passengers are still responsible for obtaining their own permissions for traveling to Cuba from the U.S. government, and they are required to present their licenses to the company. Clients could visit the island if they prove, for example, that they will be visiting their family; making official business; reporting events as journalists; taking part on professional research or meetings; and participating in educational, religious, artistic, sports and humanitarian activities or projects.
Wilcox said to the press that even with these standing regulations JetSuite has received requests from potential customers, keen to explore an exciting destination in a reformation period.
On October last year, British based private operator Victor, partnering with Educational Travel, kicked off a service that connects nineteen U.S. cities with Havana, Cuba; offering clients the opportunity to choose from a range of private jets and to build their itineraries.
Regular commercial flights between the U.S. and Cuba are not approved yet, as the longstanding embargo impedes this type of activity. However, the amount of companies offering charter services has increased last year.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to the simply stunning warm waters of Varadero beach
- Enjoy an all-inclusive deal offering Italian and Cuban cuisines, 7 bars and a disco.
- Unwind with a massage or in the Jacuzzi and relish the relaxed, adults-only ambience.
- Enjoy a wide range of activities, including watersports, tennis, dance lessons and entertainment.
Enjoy an amazing twin centre full of enjoyment for everyone at occidental miramar and breezes bella costa
The two hotels combine for an amazing holiday experience fit for everyone from couples to families at occidental miramar and breezes bella
- The Memories Miramar Havana is located in an elegant residential neighbourhood of Miramar and enjoys beautiful ocean views
- Both hotels offer fantastic amenities and facilities which makes the hotels a great choice for both families and couples
- Bella Costa is located on one of the world's finest beaches - Varadero
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Enjoy a bottle of sparking wine and chocolates upon arrival guaranteed for couples at Melia Habana Hotel and a romantic dinner for two in Havana
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...