Amari Havodda Maldives opens in Gaafu Dhaalu Atoll
The Amari Havodda Maldives opened its doors to holidaymakers last week. Designed by Singapore-based French designer Isabelle Miaja, the luxury 120-villa resort is situated in the Gaafu Dhaalu Atoll in the Maldives, and is surrounded by a thriving reef that is home to stunning coral and diverse marine species.
Amari Havodda Maldives opened to holidaymakers earlier this month in the picturesque Gaafu Dhaalu Atoll.
The luxury resort is surrounded by tropical landscapes including a thriving reef that boasts an array of diverse and colourful marine species.
Isabelle Miaja, a Singapore-based French designer, created the "natural simplicity" interiors, and the public areas and accommodation features various artwork, fittings and textures that have been inspired by contemporary Maldivian themes.
The 120 luxury villas are made up of 48 Beach Villas, 12 Beach Pool Villas, 58 Overwater Villas, and two Overwater Pool Villas.
Accommodation features include natural timber flooring, private terraces with sin loungers, covered open-air bathrooms with separate baths and rain showers, free Wi-Fi, minibars, oversized day beds, 40-inch TVs, and DVD players.
Facilities at the luxury beachfront resort include dining outlets including Amaya Food Gallery, Japanese concept Ember Robatayaki grill, and Thari pool bar, a FIT Centre, Breeze Spa, and Dive Centre, and swimming pools.
Amari Havodda Maldives can be reached via a 55-minute domestic flight to Kaadedhdhoo Domestic Airport from Male International Airport (MLE), and guest will then take a 10-minute speedboat transfer to the secluded resort in the large atoll.
Amari is an upscale hotel brand operated by the Thailand-based ONYX Hospitality Group, which is owned by Crystal Plaza Resorts. The hotel company operates 51 properties across the Asia Pacific.
The Amari brand encompasses the spirit of local culture and enhances elements of traditional Asian hospitality, enabling guests to feel relaxed in each and every hotel.
The Maldives is an archipelago in the Indian Ocean spanning nearly 1,200 stunning coral islands, of which 200 are inhabited.
Tourists can enjoy an array of activities such as snorkelling or scuba diving, boat trips to neighbouring islands, hiking through emerald tropical forests, and unwinding on pristine white sugar sand beaches that are fringed with swaying palm trees and turquoise ocean waters.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Combine picture perfection with comfort and adventure in the Maldives
- Relax in one of the well-appointed Beach Front Rooms
- Indulge your taste buds with wonderful international delicacies at the main restaurant
- Enjoy some of the best snorkelling is the world
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Paradise Island suits a range of lifestyles from relaxing at the Araamu Spa to surfing the great waves.
- This magnificent spa is almost completely surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean, creating a perfect location for relaxing and theraputic treatments
- Paradise island is just one kilometre long and 230 metres wide, surrounded by pristine beaches and off shore reefs that teem with excellent marine life waiting for guests to explore
- fresh produce arrives daily for the master chef and team to deliver sumptuous dishes, delicately flavoured. Restaurants include japanese, italian, 24 hour a la carte coffee shop and main restaurant serving international buffets
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Take your pick from seven exquisite restaurants and six lively bars
Adaaran Club Rannalhi is regarded as one of the best hotels in Maldives, sitting exclusively at the tip of the South...
Standing out as a precious gem, the Adaaran Select Hudhuran Fushi is a great Maldivian holiday spot for any kind of...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
The island of Bandos is a perfect setting for that romantic getaway or those two weeks of bliss away from work. The...