Accor Group expanding its footstep in India
The Accor group is working toward expanding its brand in India with nine new hotels scheduled to be launched in 2016. The new hotels will operate under Accor brands: Ibis, Novotel and Grand Mercure. Accor has set itself a long term goal of operating 80 hotels in India by 2020.
In an effort to expand its footprint in India, Accor hotels announced plans to launch nine new hotels in 2016. Reportedly the hotels would be launched under Accor's ibis, Novotel and Grand Mercure brands.
These imminent additions form part of the group's long term ambitions to operate 80 hotels in India by 2020.
Speaking at the time of the announcement, the senior vice president of Accor operations in India, Jean-Michel Casse reiterated his firm's growth strategy stating:
"We will soon be opening nine more hotels under different brands. We have seven hotel brands in India -- from budget hotels to luxury brands. By 2020, we will have 80 hotels with a room strength of around 10,000."
While the Accor group has, to this point, focused on the business segment with properties located in tier 1 and tier 2 cities, Casse also disclosed that, moving forward, the Group would place greater emphasis on luxury holiday destinations in India, Mr Casse explained:
"We are now going towards leisure destinations. Till now the focus was on the business segment. We now have properties in Jaipur and Goa."
Casse also took the opportunity to discuss the group's outlook for 2016 noting that the hope was that rack rates (the full price charged to customers before discounts) would increase. He went one to discuss a "pay what you want" promotional campaign at the newly launched Ibis Chennai City Centre Hotel where guests would be able to chose to pay whatever they thought their stay was worth upon checking out.
Casse denied that the campaign was a price-discovery mechanism and instead noted that a similar campaign took place at an Ibis Hotel in Delhi nearly two years ago and was a relative success by saying:
"The average realization per room during that campaign period was Rs. 2000. Some guests paid more than the rack rate and couple of guests did not pay anything."
Notable hotel brands under the Accor group umbrella include ibis Hotels, Novotel, Sofitel, Pullman, Grand Mercure and Formule 1 and Mercure.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In India Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Book before 31st January 2017 and get an exclusive complimentary upgrade to Half Board
Be moved by India's icons; from the majestic Taj Mahal to the natural beauty of Keoladeo National Park - this is India at its best.
- Experience the Royal Maharaja lifestyle with a stay in a wonderful Bharatpur Palace
- Discover the magnificent City Palace Museum and enjoy an authentic Rajasthani feast in Jaipur
- See Humayun's Tomb in Delhi, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the first garden-tomb on the Indian subcontinent
A magical journey on the fastest train in India - A truly once-in-a-lifetime experience to see the Golden Triangle
Travel through the heart of this wonderful country unearthing many hidden gems and witnessing many of India's most famous landmarks and monuments
- Journey on the fantastic Gatimaan Express, India's first train of it's type that was launched in April 2016
- Enjoy various excursions along the way such as a rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, Jeep ride ascending Amber Fort and a Rajasthani feast with a local family, all included
- Travel between New Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, with English speaking local guides for sightseeing and excursion tours
Go for a once-in-a-lifetime adventure and get a fuller taste of India when you combine culture and village lifestyle traditions.
- Services of an English-Speaking local Guide shall be provided for the sightseeing and excursion tours as per the itinerary
- This is a journey through the heart of India to explore the old and new part of Delhi the capital city, the Taj Mahal in Agra and much more
- During the tour you will be staying at fabulous comfortable hotels that are all 4* and above
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Be introduced to the magic of India with the perfect 9 night tour encompassing amazing sights through the cities of...
Enjoy an India adventure with this ten night tour of some of India's most mystical cities and attractions. This is a...
Discover the untold treasures of the capital of the Indian state of Kerala with an eight-day excursion to Trivandrum. It...
Nazri Resort has a prime location on the edge of the white sandy Baga Beach set in lush greenery and is flanked by the...
Ideally located on the shore of the longest beach, The Zuri White Sands, Goa Resort and Casino is perfect for those...