Accor Group expanding its footstep in India
The Accor group is working toward expanding its brand in India with nine new hotels scheduled to be launched in 2016. The new hotels will operate under Accor brands: Ibis, Novotel and Grand Mercure. Accor has set itself a long term goal of operating 80 hotels in India by 2020.
In an effort to expand its footprint in India, Accor hotels announced plans to launch nine new hotels in 2016. Reportedly the hotels would be launched under Accor's ibis, Novotel and Grand Mercure brands.
These imminent additions form part of the group's long term ambitions to operate 80 hotels in India by 2020.
Speaking at the time of the announcement, the senior vice president of Accor operations in India, Jean-Michel Casse reiterated his firm's growth strategy stating:
"We will soon be opening nine more hotels under different brands. We have seven hotel brands in India -- from budget hotels to luxury brands. By 2020, we will have 80 hotels with a room strength of around 10,000."
While the Accor group has, to this point, focused on the business segment with properties located in tier 1 and tier 2 cities, Casse also disclosed that, moving forward, the Group would place greater emphasis on luxury holiday destinations in India, Mr Casse explained:
"We are now going towards leisure destinations. Till now the focus was on the business segment. We now have properties in Jaipur and Goa."
Casse also took the opportunity to discuss the group's outlook for 2016 noting that the hope was that rack rates (the full price charged to customers before discounts) would increase. He went one to discuss a "pay what you want" promotional campaign at the newly launched Ibis Chennai City Centre Hotel where guests would be able to chose to pay whatever they thought their stay was worth upon checking out.
Casse denied that the campaign was a price-discovery mechanism and instead noted that a similar campaign took place at an Ibis Hotel in Delhi nearly two years ago and was a relative success by saying:
"The average realization per room during that campaign period was Rs. 2000. Some guests paid more than the rack rate and couple of guests did not pay anything."
Notable hotel brands under the Accor group umbrella include ibis Hotels, Novotel, Sofitel, Pullman, Grand Mercure and Formule 1 and Mercure.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In India Browse all
Enjoy the highlights of Cochin, Periyar National Park and Alleppey which is on everyones must-visit list for Kerala
Glimpses of Kerala allows you to see the unique geographical features that have made it one of the most sought after tourist destinations in Asia
- The Houseboat offers a floating holiday on the backwaters highway with Rainbow Cruises and is perhaps the most enchanting holiday experience in the world
- English speaking guide will be available for sightseeing throughout your once in a life-time trip
- Add on private tours from an extra £99 per person, £300 off the usual price (includes private car, driver and guides)
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
Spend your days exploring some of the country's most iconic landmarks and spectacular sights on this tour of a lifetime
- Visit the famous Heritage Village of Pragpur, Home to the famous Kangra School of Paintings
- Travel into the famous Himalayas and you will witness the region's rich heritage, breathtaking views and culture
- During the tour, you will visit some of India's most famous monuments including the Golden Temple, India Gate, Qutub Minar and much more
Discover the enchantment of India and marvel at the splendour of the Golden Triangle in style, then follow in the footsteps of the great sultans on a Tiger Safari
- See the Majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, see the Red Fort and then walk down the bustling streets of Chandni Chowk in Delhi
- Tour includes Horse Carriage ride while visiting the Taj Mahal and Elephant Ride to the Amber Fort
- Discover Ranthambore National Park's Jungle Safari
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Be introduced to the magic of India with the perfect 9 night tour encompassing amazing sights through the cities of...
Enjoy an India adventure with this ten night tour of some of India's most mystical cities and attractions. This is a...
Discover the untold treasures of the capital of the Indian state of Kerala with an eight-day excursion to Trivandrum. It...
Nazri Resort has a prime location on the edge of the white sandy Baga Beach set in lush greenery and is flanked by the...
Ideally located on the shore of the longest beach, The Zuri White Sands, Goa Resort and Casino is perfect for those...