Accor Group expanding its footstep in India
The Accor group is working toward expanding its brand in India with nine new hotels scheduled to be launched in 2016. The new hotels will operate under Accor brands: Ibis, Novotel and Grand Mercure. Accor has set itself a long term goal of operating 80 hotels in India by 2020.
In an effort to expand its footprint in India, Accor hotels announced plans to launch nine new hotels in 2016. Reportedly the hotels would be launched under Accor's ibis, Novotel and Grand Mercure brands.
These imminent additions form part of the group's long term ambitions to operate 80 hotels in India by 2020.
Speaking at the time of the announcement, the senior vice president of Accor operations in India, Jean-Michel Casse reiterated his firm's growth strategy stating:
"We will soon be opening nine more hotels under different brands. We have seven hotel brands in India -- from budget hotels to luxury brands. By 2020, we will have 80 hotels with a room strength of around 10,000."
While the Accor group has, to this point, focused on the business segment with properties located in tier 1 and tier 2 cities, Casse also disclosed that, moving forward, the Group would place greater emphasis on luxury holiday destinations in India, Mr Casse explained:
"We are now going towards leisure destinations. Till now the focus was on the business segment. We now have properties in Jaipur and Goa."
Casse also took the opportunity to discuss the group's outlook for 2016 noting that the hope was that rack rates (the full price charged to customers before discounts) would increase. He went one to discuss a "pay what you want" promotional campaign at the newly launched Ibis Chennai City Centre Hotel where guests would be able to chose to pay whatever they thought their stay was worth upon checking out.
Casse denied that the campaign was a price-discovery mechanism and instead noted that a similar campaign took place at an Ibis Hotel in Delhi nearly two years ago and was a relative success by saying:
"The average realization per room during that campaign period was Rs. 2000. Some guests paid more than the rack rate and couple of guests did not pay anything."
Notable hotel brands under the Accor group umbrella include ibis Hotels, Novotel, Sofitel, Pullman, Grand Mercure and Formule 1 and Mercure.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In India Browse all
Be moved by India's icons; from the majestic Taj Mahal to the natural beauty of Keoladeo National Park - this is India at its best.
- Experience the Royal Maharaja lifestyle with a stay in a wonderful Bharatpur Palace
- Discover the magnificent City Palace Museum and enjoy an authentic Rajasthani feast in Jaipur
- See Humayun's Tomb in Delhi, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the first garden-tomb on the Indian subcontinent
Discover the enchantment of India and marvel at the splendour of the Golden Triangle in style, then follow in the footsteps of the great sultans on a Tiger Safari
- See the Majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, see the Red Fort and then walk down the bustling streets of Chandni Chowk in Delhi
- Tour includes Horse Carriage ride while visiting the Taj Mahal and Elephant Ride to the Amber Fort
- Discover Ranthambore National Park's Jungle Safari
Follow in the footsteps of the characters from The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel Film on This Amazing India Tour
Go on a holiday like no other on this stunning India tour visting various famous sights sure to live long in the memory
- You will visit the famous 'Best Exotic Marigold Hotel', Ravla Khempur was originally a tribal chieftain's palace but now it operates as an equestrian hotel in the village of Khempur
- During this tour you will have the services of an Englsih speaking local guide all transfers will be in air conditioned vehicles
- Take advantage of the various extras include on the tour such as an Elephant ride at Amber Fort, Bicycle Rickshaw in Old Delhi and a fabulous lunch at Castle Kanota
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Be introduced to the magic of India with the perfect 9 night tour encompassing amazing sights through the cities of...
This colourful tour gives you the chance to view the major cities of North India, experiencing the sights and sounds of...
Discover the untold treasures of the capital of the Indian state of Kerala with an eight-day excursion to Trivandrum. It...
Nazri Resort has a prime location on the edge of the white sandy Baga Beach set in lush greenery and is flanked by the...
Ideally located on the shore of the longest beach, The Zuri White Sands, Goa Resort and Casino is perfect for those...