Grand Mayan-themed opening for Mexico's Hyatt Ziva Cancun
Hyatt Ziva Cancun officially opened its doors to guests with a grand opening gala this week. The refurbished former Dreams Cancun property boasts 547 suites and upscale facilities including nine restaurants, six bars and lounges, an onsite micro-brewery, a spa with 13 treatment rooms, and a large ocean-view fitness centre.
The officially opening of Hyatt Ziva Cancun took place this week with a Mayan-themed gala event.
The former Dreams Cancun in Mexico underwent an extensive refurbishment programme costing $85 million when it was taken over by Playa Hotels and Resorts.
Perched on the edge of a peninsula in Cancun, next to the city's entertainment district and 25 minutes from Cancun International Airport (CUN), the luxury resort is surrounded on three sides by the Caribbean Sea and boasts 547 suites, including swim-up suites.
Bruce Wardinski, the Chairman of Playa Hotels and Resorts, explained during the opening gala on Tuesday:
"We like to think of this as the only resort in Cancun. Everybody else is a hotel on the beach. We're truly a resort."
Guests staying at Hyatt Ziva Cancun can enjoy a variety of facilities including resort nine restaurants serving international culinary delights, six stylish and casual bars and lounges, an onsite microbrewery, a 24-hour ocean-facing fitness centre, a spa with 13 treatment rooms and an ocean-facing hydrotherapy area, a 745-person capacity ballroom, and 16,000-square-feet of meeting and event space with modern equipment.
The all-inclusive resort was originally designed by the Mexican architect, Ricardo Legoretta, and while it maintains its pyramid-style architecture, the property has been expanded and redesigned to reflect the culture of the Yucatan.
The resort joins the brand's other hotels in the Caribbean: Hyatt Zilara Cancun, Hyatt Ziva and Hyatt Zilara in Rose Hall, Jamaica; Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta; and Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos.
Cancun is a strip of Caribbean coastline on the Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico that was developed into a tourist resort after several financial institutions, including the Bank of Mexico, invested in the project in the 1970's.
What was once an uninhabited area full of unexplored beaches and mangroves in 1970, has since become a thriving destination for sun-seekers, spring breakers, and nature-lovers.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Let the Caribbean sunshine make you glow from the inside out when you stay at Cancun's Golden Parnassus resort - a truly luxurious all inclusive retreat where you'll be wanting for nothing.
- Take advantage of the superb facilities and enjoy a range of activities including water sports, mini golf and tennis
- A luxury all inclusive resort offering a relaxing adults-only environment ideal for a pampering beach holiday or romantic honeymoon
- Ideal location set by a beautiful white sand beach in Cancun with sweeping views of the Mexican Caribbean
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Kids Stay, Play and Eat free
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
- Fantastic all-inclusive package providing all meals, snacks, unlimited premium beverages, 24-hour room service and more
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Stay in an adults only Uultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Unlimited-Luxury privileges include gourmet dining at 7 restaurants and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 8 bars
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Step into every scuba divers paradise during an 8-day holiday to the beautiful Mexican island of Cozumel, where...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...