Grand Mayan-themed opening for Mexico's Hyatt Ziva Cancun
Hyatt Ziva Cancun officially opened its doors to guests with a grand opening gala this week. The refurbished former Dreams Cancun property boasts 547 suites and upscale facilities including nine restaurants, six bars and lounges, an onsite micro-brewery, a spa with 13 treatment rooms, and a large ocean-view fitness centre.
The officially opening of Hyatt Ziva Cancun took place this week with a Mayan-themed gala event.
The former Dreams Cancun in Mexico underwent an extensive refurbishment programme costing $85 million when it was taken over by Playa Hotels and Resorts.
Perched on the edge of a peninsula in Cancun, next to the city's entertainment district and 25 minutes from Cancun International Airport (CUN), the luxury resort is surrounded on three sides by the Caribbean Sea and boasts 547 suites, including swim-up suites.
Bruce Wardinski, the Chairman of Playa Hotels and Resorts, explained during the opening gala on Tuesday:
"We like to think of this as the only resort in Cancun. Everybody else is a hotel on the beach. We're truly a resort."
Guests staying at Hyatt Ziva Cancun can enjoy a variety of facilities including resort nine restaurants serving international culinary delights, six stylish and casual bars and lounges, an onsite microbrewery, a 24-hour ocean-facing fitness centre, a spa with 13 treatment rooms and an ocean-facing hydrotherapy area, a 745-person capacity ballroom, and 16,000-square-feet of meeting and event space with modern equipment.
The all-inclusive resort was originally designed by the Mexican architect, Ricardo Legoretta, and while it maintains its pyramid-style architecture, the property has been expanded and redesigned to reflect the culture of the Yucatan.
The resort joins the brand's other hotels in the Caribbean: Hyatt Zilara Cancun, Hyatt Ziva and Hyatt Zilara in Rose Hall, Jamaica; Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta; and Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos.
Cancun is a strip of Caribbean coastline on the Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico that was developed into a tourist resort after several financial institutions, including the Bank of Mexico, invested in the project in the 1970's.
What was once an uninhabited area full of unexplored beaches and mangroves in 1970, has since become a thriving destination for sun-seekers, spring breakers, and nature-lovers.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- The proximity to the "best-preserved Mayan ruins in the Western Hemisphere"
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
Live it up and Experience Cancun in unlimited luxury that knows no bounds at Dreams Sands Cancun Resort and Spa
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Chic guest rooms feature plush furnishings and ultra modern bathrooms, as well as fantastic amenities
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at The Grand Lifestyle at...