Jamaica's first casino resort to break ground this year
The first ever casino resort will be built in Montego Bay, Jamaica. The Celebration Jamaica project is due to break ground this year on 90 acres in Rose Hall, and it will have a 2,000 guest rooms and suites, a casino, and entertainment facilities including a 1,200-seat theatre, and a state-of-the-art music studio.
Jamaica is getting ready for its very first licensed casino resort, following the country's new Integrated Resort Development and Casino legislation.
The multi-million dollar "Celebration Jamaica" project is expected to break ground this year on 90 acres of land in Rose Hall in Montego Bay on the north coast of Jamaica.
The 2,000-room mega resort will have an array of dining and entertainment options including a 1,000-seat theatre, a state-of-the-art music studio, a health club and spa, a convention centre, restaurants, a kids club, a marina, a full-service casino with table gaming and slot machines, retail space, an artisan village, and a banquet hall for events and celebrations.
The founder of "Celebration Jamaica", Robert Trotta, said the new luxury resort would aim at:
"...celebrating all things Jamaican and Jamaican music in particular."
The project is also said to create 2,000 jobs for local Jamaicans and will raise millions in tax revenue for the Jamaican government.
Montego Bay is Jamaica's second city located on the north coast of the tropical island. Tourists can enjoy beautiful white sand beaches, luxury all-inclusive beachfront hotels and resorts, sparkling azure lagoons, bustling craft markets and shops in the town centre, and a collection of historic sites and attractions.
Jamaica is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the Caribbean, due to its stunning landscapes, including white sand beaches fringed with warm turquoise ocean waters, majestic mountains, cascading waterfalls, lush undulating green hills, and dense forests.
Holidaymakers can visit the island's natural wonders, such as Dunn's River Falls in Ocho Rios, the five-mile-long Doctor's Cave Beach in Montego Bay, verdant botanical gardens, and the soaring Blue Mountains. Popular attractions include the famous Bob Marley Museum, Kingston Harbour and the island's historic sugar plantations such as Bellefield Great House and Garden and Rose Hall Great House.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- July Special offers now in place with savings until 2019
- Unlimited-Fun® All Inclusive Resort with a selection of dining options for all the family
- Have a break from the Kids with the adults only pool
- On-site Waterpark featuring a Pirate ship, a lazy river and two waterslides
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- 2 Kids 14 and under stay and play free
- Famous for Watersports available on the beach plus a selection of other activities like the championship golf course
- Choose from the 2,500 foot private beach or enjoy Sugar Mill Falls park - The biggest aquatic park in the Caribbean
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills from fine dining or casual
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Immerse yourself in a vareity of complimentary activities, excursions and spa treatments at Moon Palace Jamaica
- Relish complimentary perks including a bottle of red wine upon arrival, spa treatments, tours, activities and much more
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free and a saving of upto 14%
- Incredible resort credit upto $2500 FREE to be used to swim with dolphins, upgrade your wine, spa treatments and much more!
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights at Sunscape Splash Montego Bay. Located...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a picture postcard made real. Secrets Wild Orchid sits in one of Jamaica's premier resorts,...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Treat yourself to a week in the island of sun, tropical beauty and reggae music. Your place of retreat will be the place...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...