Jamaica's first casino resort to break ground this year
The first ever casino resort will be built in Montego Bay, Jamaica. The Celebration Jamaica project is due to break ground this year on 90 acres in Rose Hall, and it will have a 2,000 guest rooms and suites, a casino, and entertainment facilities including a 1,200-seat theatre, and a state-of-the-art music studio.
Jamaica is getting ready for its very first licensed casino resort, following the country's new Integrated Resort Development and Casino legislation.
The multi-million dollar "Celebration Jamaica" project is expected to break ground this year on 90 acres of land in Rose Hall in Montego Bay on the north coast of Jamaica.
The 2,000-room mega resort will have an array of dining and entertainment options including a 1,000-seat theatre, a state-of-the-art music studio, a health club and spa, a convention centre, restaurants, a kids club, a marina, a full-service casino with table gaming and slot machines, retail space, an artisan village, and a banquet hall for events and celebrations.
The founder of "Celebration Jamaica", Robert Trotta, said the new luxury resort would aim at:
"...celebrating all things Jamaican and Jamaican music in particular."
The project is also said to create 2,000 jobs for local Jamaicans and will raise millions in tax revenue for the Jamaican government.
Montego Bay is Jamaica's second city located on the north coast of the tropical island. Tourists can enjoy beautiful white sand beaches, luxury all-inclusive beachfront hotels and resorts, sparkling azure lagoons, bustling craft markets and shops in the town centre, and a collection of historic sites and attractions.
Jamaica is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the Caribbean, due to its stunning landscapes, including white sand beaches fringed with warm turquoise ocean waters, majestic mountains, cascading waterfalls, lush undulating green hills, and dense forests.
Holidaymakers can visit the island's natural wonders, such as Dunn's River Falls in Ocho Rios, the five-mile-long Doctor's Cave Beach in Montego Bay, verdant botanical gardens, and the soaring Blue Mountains. Popular attractions include the famous Bob Marley Museum, Kingston Harbour and the island's historic sugar plantations such as Bellefield Great House and Garden and Rose Hall Great House.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- The Montego Bay Marine Park location offers protected swimming areas and extraordinary snorkelling
- Summer just got better with upto two kids stay and play for FREE!
- Enjoy 24-hour access to food and beverage
Located within 15 minutes from Sangster's International Airport and 5 minutes from three world-class golf courses
- Enjoy Exclusive April Offers with incredible savings
- A variety of water sports or leave your daily stress behind and relax with the magical spa services
- Luxury accommodations combined with breathtaking ocean views
- A wide selection of restaurants with international gourmet buffet, where you can enjoy a variety of cuisine from breakfast pastries to classic Jamaican fare
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- 2018 Early Booking Offer: Stay 7 Pay 6, Stay 14 Pay 11!
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth at Mangos Jamaica
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a postcard made real. It is one of Jamaica's premier resorts, covered in fine white sands and...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Nestled upon a stunning beach The Rondel Village Hotel is within close proximity to the entertainment and activities...
Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Montego Bay offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical...