Planet Destinations trains The Holiday Place on three luxury Indian Ocean hotels
Celine Bastien from Planet Destinations recently stopped by The Holiday Place to brief our team of holiday experts on some of the properties she oversees in the Indian Ocean, most precisely in Mauritius and the Maldives. As a result we were treated to an insightful afternoon during which we were updated on three of the most stunning properties we sell in this part of the world: Maradiva, Sands and Atmosphere Kanifushi.
Just a few weeks back, the lovely Celine Bastien landed at The Holiday Place’s main office in North London to treat us all to a great training session about three stunning resorts in the Indian Ocean: the Maradiva Villas Resort and Spa Mauritius and Sands Suites Resort and Spa, both in Mauritius, and the Atmosphere Kanifushi in the Maldives.
Starting off with the Maradiva, the most decadently luxurious of the two in Mauritius, we learned more about this all-villa luxury retreat where nothing is left to the imagination and guests enjoy the most scenic of settings - amidst lush tropical gardens overlooking the azure waters of Tamarin Bay.
With all villas looking out to either a private pool or plunge pool and boasting incredibly spacious grounds with what officially are the largest entry level rooms of any hotel in Mauritius, guests here have between 163 to 345 square metres of ample space to laze on.
Maradiva Villas Resort and Spa Mauritius
When it comes to dining you have three restaurants to choose from at Maradiva but a brand new option has also been introduced offering guests the chance to dine around at sister hotel next door, Sands.
Up next was Sands, standing right next to the Maradiva as the more budget-friendly option but still punching high above its weight. Epitomising the concept of barefoot luxury, this boutique hotel is a gem of a property offering the ultimate privacy, serenity and seclusion in the lushest of surroundings – making it the perfect hideaway for couples. Also set overlooking Mauritius western coast in Tamarin Bay, in the sleepy town of Flic en Flac, Sands offers 90 spacious rooms with a new revolutionary concept splitting the room categories to feature Superior, Deluxe and Beachfront accommodation.
Sands Resort and Spa
Onsite guests will find three restaurants, all perfectly set looking out to the sea for the most romantic of dining experiences. On top of this guests can also make the most of the Dine Around option at sister hotel next door, Maradiva. One of the latest developments about this property is that it will soon abandon its Half Board meal plan to favour a brand new all-inclusive programme starting 1st November 2016.
Last, but certainly not least, the Atmosphere Kanifushi enjoys an even more stunning location on one of the longest Maldivian islands (at over two kilometres long) and is connected to Male International Airport via a short 30-minute seaplane transfer. Offering direct beach access from all of its 132 detached villas and suites, each separated from the other by lush tropical vegetation (creating an even more intimate setting) every single one of these elegant villas also features its own private outdoor area.
Atmosphere Kanifushi Maldives
Guests here are treated to the ultimate barefoot luxury experience in what feels like a very remote castaway island with all the comforts of civilisation. On one side of the isle you have a long and beautiful stretch of calm, transparent lagoon waters and on the other a rocky outcrop creating a truly authentic island feel.
But the best part is the resort’s Platinum Plus plan, offering the ultimate all-inclusive experience with plenty of dining options for varied tastes and catering to a wide variety of dietary needs and preferences (including a vegetarian restaurant). In-room mini bars are replenished twice daily and snorkelling trips are also arranged twice per day for those looking to explore the stunning reefs offshore.
Before she left, charming Celine introduced us to the recently opened OBLU by Atmosphere resort, a brand new destination that seems to have been created for diving enthusiasts looking to make the most of their time in the Maldives. Perfectly set right in a world-famous diving location on Helengeli Island, renowned for its population of resident Silver-lipped Sharks, lobsters and Giant Sea Turtles, the OBLU offers every guest not only the most amazing diving opportunities but also fantastic snorkelling opportunities from the House-Reef.
A fully certified PADI diving school can be found onsite and eager divers can look forward to over 20 top dive sites nearby. If all this wasn’t exciting or enticing enough the OBLU also operates on a all-inclusive basis giving you the most bang for your buck, including use of non-motorised water sports, all meals and drinks as well as one sunset fishing trip during your stay and one shopping excursion to a nearby island. What more could you wish for when dreaming up your ideal diving holiday?
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Indian Ocean Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj mahal of Agra
- Perfect tour to introduce you to India, Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour.
- Experience the street life of Delhi, Delhi is a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
Explore India's famed landmarks and rich culture on an all-encompassing adventure that leaves no stone unturned
- Call now to upgrade to a private tour, including a private car and driver, and personal local guides
- Envisage many world renowned sights including the Taj Mahal with amazing inclusions to experience such as an exclusive Rajasthani Feast
- During the tour you'll be able to enjoy various extras including a bicycle rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, a Chambal River Safari and much more
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- English speaking chauffer guide for the Entire Round Tour
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
Discover the beauty of Mauritius and the buzz of Dubai
- Exclusive Added Values in Mauritius: Dinner on the beach for two with fresh fruits on arrival in the room (book by 20 December)
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most marvellous parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages.
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
The Ambre Hotel is one exclusive property that will enthral travellers and boasts uninterrupted views of the tropical...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Nazri Resort has a prime location on the edge of the white sandy Baga Beach set in lush greenery and is flanked by the...
Take a trip to Sri Lanka and enjoy the warm hospitality at Avani Bentota. It is a resort located along the popular...
There are few better places from which to enjoy the calming effect of the Indian Ocean breeze than the Sri Lankan town...