Refurbished Mahekal Beach Resort in Riviera Maya to reopen this month
Mahekal Beach Resort in the Riviera Maya in Mexico is scheduled to reopen to guests this month following a three-year $16 million renovation programme. The refurbished resort has added 74 palapa-style bungalows, a new luxury spa and fitness centre, a new large swimming pool, and a restaurant and bar with a wood-burning oven.
Following a three-year closure, the Mahekal Beach Resort in Mexico will reopen to holidaymakers this month.
The luxury resort in the Riviera Maya began its $16 million renovation programme in 2013 and it is due to open in the middle of December.
The extensive "re-imagination" project has included the addition of 74 palapa-style bungalows, as well as upgraded and new facilities.
Guests staying at Mahekal Beach Resort can enjoy the new large swimming pool with hot tub, the spa, a fitness centre, meeting space, and a new restaurant and bar with wood-burning oven.
"We have dedicated an extraordinary amount of energy and planning into the transformation of Mahekal Beach Resort, and we are proud to announce these exciting additions."
Explained Lamont Meek, the Chief Operating Officer of Circa Capital, the co-owner and manager of Mahekal. Mr Meek also commented:
"Every detail, large or small, was designed to enhance the guest experience in an authentic, thoughtful way, and the new look and feel will pay tribute to the resort's storied legacy while exceeding the expectations and desires of today's discerning travellers."
The luxury resort is located near Cancun, between the verdant Riviera Maya jungle and the longest stretch of beach in Playa del Carmen.
The design and furnishings of the property feature bohemian gypsy with Mexican accents, and there are unique features including orange ping pong tables, Missoni-esque fabrics in the lobby, and The Color Condition artwork created with colourful, shredded plastic tablecloths in Boli's restaurant.
The refurbished bungalows are just steps from the private stretch of white sand beach where guests can relax on lounge chairs. Surrounded by lush vegetation and colourful bougainvillea, holidaymakers will have a choice of Garden View and Ocean View, or Penthouses and Ocean Front bungalows that boast private hammocks and outdoor terraces, and some with private plunge pools.
Riviera Maya is situated only 40 miles south of Cancun Airport (CUN), and the popular coastal region is home to breathtaking natural landscapes and diverse wildlife species.
Travellers can soak up the sunshine on pristine beaches, swim in natural lagoons or the sparkling turquoise sea, hike through thriving nature reserves, or explore the ancient Mayan ruins and temples like the Chichen Itza, Tulum, Coba, Ek Balam, San Gervasio, and Xcaret.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Unwind and relax on a pristine beach knowing your kids are enjoying endless endless activities, designed especially for them at the Treasure Island Water Park
- Enjoy a film at the onsite private cinema
- Dine at a wide range of 10 restaurants & 11 bars
- Make a splash at Treasure Island Water Park
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at this beautiful retreat.
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Chic guest rooms feature plush furnishings and ultra modern bathrooms, as well as fantastic amenities
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Unlimited-Luxury concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
- Adults only resort just 20 minutes from the airport and the nightlife of Cancun 15 miles away
- Enjoy one of the various treatments on offer at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Golf and Spa Resort you will...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
The perfect family holiday awaits you at Crown Paradise Club located on the panoramic Cancun beach hotel zone known for...