Refurbished Mahekal Beach Resort in Riviera Maya to reopen this month
Mahekal Beach Resort in the Riviera Maya in Mexico is scheduled to reopen to guests this month following a three-year $16 million renovation programme. The refurbished resort has added 74 palapa-style bungalows, a new luxury spa and fitness centre, a new large swimming pool, and a restaurant and bar with a wood-burning oven.
Following a three-year closure, the Mahekal Beach Resort in Mexico will reopen to holidaymakers this month.
The luxury resort in the Riviera Maya began its $16 million renovation programme in 2013 and it is due to open in the middle of December.
The extensive "re-imagination" project has included the addition of 74 palapa-style bungalows, as well as upgraded and new facilities.
Guests staying at Mahekal Beach Resort can enjoy the new large swimming pool with hot tub, the spa, a fitness centre, meeting space, and a new restaurant and bar with wood-burning oven.
"We have dedicated an extraordinary amount of energy and planning into the transformation of Mahekal Beach Resort, and we are proud to announce these exciting additions."
Explained Lamont Meek, the Chief Operating Officer of Circa Capital, the co-owner and manager of Mahekal. Mr Meek also commented:
"Every detail, large or small, was designed to enhance the guest experience in an authentic, thoughtful way, and the new look and feel will pay tribute to the resort's storied legacy while exceeding the expectations and desires of today's discerning travellers."
The luxury resort is located near Cancun, between the verdant Riviera Maya jungle and the longest stretch of beach in Playa del Carmen.
The design and furnishings of the property feature bohemian gypsy with Mexican accents, and there are unique features including orange ping pong tables, Missoni-esque fabrics in the lobby, and The Color Condition artwork created with colourful, shredded plastic tablecloths in Boli's restaurant.
The refurbished bungalows are just steps from the private stretch of white sand beach where guests can relax on lounge chairs. Surrounded by lush vegetation and colourful bougainvillea, holidaymakers will have a choice of Garden View and Ocean View, or Penthouses and Ocean Front bungalows that boast private hammocks and outdoor terraces, and some with private plunge pools.
Riviera Maya is situated only 40 miles south of Cancun Airport (CUN), and the popular coastal region is home to breathtaking natural landscapes and diverse wildlife species.
Travellers can soak up the sunshine on pristine beaches, swim in natural lagoons or the sparkling turquoise sea, hike through thriving nature reserves, or explore the ancient Mayan ruins and temples like the Chichen Itza, Tulum, Coba, Ek Balam, San Gervasio, and Xcaret.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- The proximity to the "best-preserved Mayan ruins in the Western Hemisphere"
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
Live it up and Experience Cancun in unlimited luxury that knows no bounds at Dreams Sands Cancun Resort and Spa
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Chic guest rooms feature plush furnishings and ultra modern bathrooms, as well as fantastic amenities
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
The resort benefits from the privacy of a resort community creating an all-inclusive adults only oasis while still being close to the Cancun bars, shops and nightlife
- Sample gourmet cuisine from all over the world in nine Ã la carte restaurants
- An all-inclusive adults only oasis located on an untouched peninsula
- Located between the Caribbean sea and a wetlands reserve while still being close enough to lively Cancun
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...