Jamaica records 1.6 million visitors in first nine months of 2015
Jamaica has recorded a 5.5 per cent increase in visitor arrivals between January and September this year, according to new figures released by Dr. Wykeham McNeill. The Tourism and Entertainment Minister said that there were just over 1.6 million arrivals during that period this year, with an increase in travellers from the United States.
Jamaica has recorded a significant increase in visitors during the first nine months of 2015, according to the country's Tourism and Entertainment Minister.
Speaking at the weekly Kingston Rotary Club luncheon, in Jamaica, Dr. Wykeham McNeill said that there was a 5.5 per cent increase in visitors between January and September this year.
More than 1.6 million travellers were recorded during this period, approximately 38,000 more than the same time last year.
Dr. McNeill said that there had been a rise in travellers from the United States, saying "we have seen a rebound". Arrivals from the United Kingdom also increased after a decline in numbers following the issues with the Air Passenger Duty.
The tourism minister added there has been an increase in cruise ship visitors, with 105,000 more than 2014. There will be another 60,000 seats on flights for the 2015/2016 Winter Tourist Season that starts on 15th December, with 50,000 of these seats originating from the United States.
Participating airlines include Frontier Airways, with flights from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; American Airlines, with services from Los Angeles, California; and Southwest, which will operate daily flights to Jamaica from Houston, Texas. Dr McNeil commented:
"When you take into consideration that next year we are going to be bringing direct flights from [places] like Dublin (in the Republic of Ireland) to Montego Bay, we are really opening up... the possibilities for Jamaica."
Jamaica is an island nation located in the Caribbean Sea, and one of the world's leading tourist destinations. With vast white sand beaches fringed with warm turquoise ocean waters, luxury beachfront resorts, soaring mountains, cascading waterfalls, undulating green hills, and dense forests, travellers will have plenty of opportunities to absorb the country's breathtaking natural scenery.
The island's natural wonders includes Dunn's River Falls in Ocho Rios, the five-mile-long Doctor's Cave Beach in Montego Bay, verdant botanical gardens, and the soaring Blue Mountains.
The famous Bob Marley Museum, Kingston Harbour, and Rose Hall House, a former sugar plantation, are just a few of the attractions that entice international tourists to the tropical island.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- All Inclusive Resort with all meals and beverages included
- Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence
- Family Friendly Hotel where up to 2 Kids can stay and play for free
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- July Special offers now in place with savings until 2019
- Unlimited-Fun® All Inclusive Resort with a selection of dining options for all the family
- Have a break from the Kids with the adults only pool
- On-site Waterpark featuring a Pirate ship, a lazy river and two waterslides
Discreet luxury at your beck and call under Jamaican sunshine with everything you love, with virtually no limits
Let the most romantic of retreats seduce you and a loved one into a sheer state atof bliss when you stay at Couples Sans Souci.
- Enjoy an array of complimentary water sports & unlimited golf with transfers and green fees included
- Summer Savings with incredible discounts of up to 42% for travel up until 2019
- Includes unlimited premium alcoholic beverages, 24 hour casual to gourmet dining, complimentary airport transfers and more
- Exclusive offsite excursions come included in the package including Dunn's River Falls and Margaritaville
Immerse yourself in a vareity of complimentary activities, excursions and spa treatments at Moon Palace Jamaica
- Relish complimentary perks including a bottle of red wine upon arrival, spa treatments, tours, activities and much more
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free and a saving of upto 14%
- Incredible resort credit upto $2500 FREE to be used to swim with dolphins, upgrade your wine, spa treatments and much more!
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights at Sunscape Splash Montego Bay. Located...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a picture postcard made real. Secrets Wild Orchid sits in one of Jamaica's premier resorts,...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Treat yourself to a week in the island of sun, tropical beauty and reggae music. Your place of retreat will be the place...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...