Jamaica records 1.6 million visitors in first nine months of 2015
Jamaica has recorded a 5.5 per cent increase in visitor arrivals between January and September this year, according to new figures released by Dr. Wykeham McNeill. The Tourism and Entertainment Minister said that there were just over 1.6 million arrivals during that period this year, with an increase in travellers from the United States.
Jamaica has recorded a significant increase in visitors during the first nine months of 2015, according to the country's Tourism and Entertainment Minister.
Speaking at the weekly Kingston Rotary Club luncheon, in Jamaica, Dr. Wykeham McNeill said that there was a 5.5 per cent increase in visitors between January and September this year.
More than 1.6 million travellers were recorded during this period, approximately 38,000 more than the same time last year.
Dr. McNeill said that there had been a rise in travellers from the United States, saying "we have seen a rebound". Arrivals from the United Kingdom also increased after a decline in numbers following the issues with the Air Passenger Duty.
The tourism minister added there has been an increase in cruise ship visitors, with 105,000 more than 2014. There will be another 60,000 seats on flights for the 2015/2016 Winter Tourist Season that starts on 15th December, with 50,000 of these seats originating from the United States.
Participating airlines include Frontier Airways, with flights from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; American Airlines, with services from Los Angeles, California; and Southwest, which will operate daily flights to Jamaica from Houston, Texas. Dr McNeil commented:
"When you take into consideration that next year we are going to be bringing direct flights from [places] like Dublin (in the Republic of Ireland) to Montego Bay, we are really opening up... the possibilities for Jamaica."
Jamaica is an island nation located in the Caribbean Sea, and one of the world's leading tourist destinations. With vast white sand beaches fringed with warm turquoise ocean waters, luxury beachfront resorts, soaring mountains, cascading waterfalls, undulating green hills, and dense forests, travellers will have plenty of opportunities to absorb the country's breathtaking natural scenery.
The island's natural wonders includes Dunn's River Falls in Ocho Rios, the five-mile-long Doctor's Cave Beach in Montego Bay, verdant botanical gardens, and the soaring Blue Mountains.
The famous Bob Marley Museum, Kingston Harbour, and Rose Hall House, a former sugar plantation, are just a few of the attractions that entice international tourists to the tropical island.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- Metro Offer: Book and Save upto £100 per person!
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
- Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence
- Rooms with stunning views of the caribbean
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- Indulge in a spa treatment or play a round of golf at Cinnamon Hill Golf Course
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills
- Bask on the 2,500 foot private beach or enjoy Sugar Mill Falls park - The biggest aquatic park in the Caribbean
Luxury and romance at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
- Catamaran for the exclusive use by Secrets Resorts & Spas guests
- World-class Spa by Pevonia®
- Exclusively situated on Montego Bay’s breathtaking Peninsula, surrounded by the Caribbean Sea
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth at Mangos Jamaica
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a postcard made real. It is one of Jamaica's premier resorts, covered in fine white sands and...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Nestled upon a stunning beach The Rondel Village Hotel is within close proximity to the entertainment and activities...
Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Montego Bay offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical...