Aman Resorts opens new Amanera hotel in the Dominican Republic today
The Dominican Republic is getting its first ever Aman resort at the end of this year, more precisely by the end of today, with the opening of the Amanera on the north coast. Situated in Playa Grande, on a long stretch of white-sand beach, the luxury resort offers upscale accommodation in 25 casitas that overlook the sea, a spa, a gourmet restaurant, and a Robert Trent Jones-designed golf course with 10 holes on the oceanfront.
Aman Resorts will be opening its first hotel in the Dominican Republic today, ahead of the previously estimated date of December and thus instantly adding the Caribbean country to its exclusive luxury collection of 29 resorts in destinations around the globe.
The new Amanera hotel is located in Playa Grande, on the north coast of the Dominican Republic, set between a mile-long white sand beach and the tropical emerald mountain forests.
The luxury resort offers the finest of island-living accommodation in the form of 25 oceanfront free-standing casitas that have all been designed with natural materials to blend into the natural surroundings. They each boast sweeping ocean views, spacious terraces, outdoor seating and lounge areas, and living and sleeping areas. The "casitas" will be accessed via winding pathways through private gardens, and 13 of them will boast 32-foot private swimming pools.
Amanera is also set along the oceanfront Robert Trent Jones–designed Playa Grande Golf Course within 2,000 acres of cliff-top land, and it will be a "golf-integrated” resort.
At the new upscale retreat guests can look forward to enjoying a variety of upscale facilities including an Aman Spa split over two floors with a Wasu pool, a fitness centre, children’s club, and Club de Playa on Playa Grande beach.
The Casa Grande facility is at the centre of the luxury resort, offering stunning views of the ocean, the golf course and the lush jungle. There is also an open-air bar and lounge, a library, a cigar bar and a gourmet restaurant.
Aman Resorts International is a luxury hotel group that owns five-star hotels and resorts in more than 20 countries around the world, including China, Vietnam, France, Italy, Greece, the United States, India, and Sri Lanka.
The new Amanera hotel marks a shift toward the West for the brand, according to Olivier Jolivet, the CEO of Aman. Aman operates resorts in Utah and Wyoming in America, and Jolivet added that it plans more properties in the region, saying:
"We’d like to be in another remote place in the U.S. that has not been on the map for high-net-worth individuals."
The Dominican Republic is a nation that occupies the eastern two thirds of the tropical island of Hispaniola in the Caribbean Sea.
The country is the second largest Caribbean nation and boasts beautiful landscapes including pristine white sand palm infringed beaches, sparkling azure ocean waters that perfect for scuba diving and snorkelling, rolling green hills. Holidaymakers can enjoy an array of activities including water sports, treks through lush tropical rainforests, and excursions to historical sites and towns.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dominican Republic Browse all
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Premium All Inclusive property with a selection of food and beverages on offer
This all inclusive resort provides luxurious holidaying at its very best with a true Dominican flavour
- Boasting a wonderful location, immaculate tropical gardens, and a stunning stretch of beach
- A choice of six specialty restaurants featuring Mexican, Oriental, Steak House and more
- Honeymoon couples receive a bottle of champagne, fruit basket and a romantic dinner
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
You'll be instantly rewarded with up to $3,600 resort credit to use towards spa treatments, golf, premium drinks and much more
- Complimentary Tickts available to see Shakira! Call for more details
- Stay for 10 Nights or more and up to 2 kids up to the age of 12 stay free
- Suites feature a double Jacuzzi and fully stocked mini bar including spirits and premium brands
- Choice of 13 swimming pools and 35 spa suites to relax in
- Get up to US$3600 Limitless Resort Credits which can be used towards selected Tours, Golf, Spa, Beauty Salon services, Romantic dinners and much more
A holiday at the Dominican Republic's Punta Cana is highly recommended for several reasons. Find out for yourself why so...
Unwind and enjoy the beauty of the Caribbean Sea at the all-inclusive Now Larimar Punta Cana, located on the...
A holiday on the picturesque beaches of the Dominican Republic is what most everyone dreams about. Make your dreams come...
Enjoy the best of the Dominican Republic with a holiday at Bayahibe, a resort town choke full of attractions. Beside...
Beautifully located on the Dominican Republic´s lush southeast coast, Casa de Campo is a magnificent eco-friendly...
Spend eight unforgettable days in the easternmost tip of the Dominican Republic enjoying Punta Cana's pristine beaches...