Rezidor Hotel Group celebrates development and operations of 100,000 rooms
The Rezidor Hotel Group has reached a new milestone, with 100,000 hotel rooms under development. During the third quarter of 2015, the hotel group signed contracts for 12 hotels with 2,300 guest rooms in countries including Turkey, Slovenia, Finland, and Cyprus, with new properties being developed under its Radisson Blu brand.
The Rezidor Hotel Group is celebrating a new milestone, with 100,000 hotel rooms under development and in operation.
The hotel group signed contracts to develop 12 new hotels with 2,300 guest rooms in the third quarter of 2015. Most of these are in emerging markets including new signings for properties in Cyprus, Slovenia and Iraq, as well as two more Radisson Blu hotels in Finland, and two in Istanbul, Turkey. Radisson Blu's is the largest upper-upscale hotel brand in the Istanbul.
Wolfgang M. Neumann, the President and CEO of Rezidor, comments:
"This is a milestone in pursuit of our focussed long-term strategy. Q3 2015 was a strong quarter for signings and openings – reflecting our pro-active approach, and further fuelling our progressing turnaround journey."
Rezidor has also signed contracts for properties under its new Radisson Red lifestyle select brand in Cape Town, South Africa, and Glasgow in Scotland, and its first European Radisson Red branded hotel is due to open in Brussels in Belgium in April 2016. There are currently eight Radisson Red properties under development across the world.
In the third quarter of 2015, nine hotels opened with 1,350 guest rooms, including new entries in Mauritius and Congo.
"We also opened two more hotels in Russia despite the current business climate which we closely monitor. We remain committed to this emerging market, unlock value for all stakeholders and the communities in which we operate, and believe in the region's long-term potential."
Explained Elie Younes, the Executive Vice President and Chief Development Officer of Rezidor.
The Europe-based Rezidor hotel group, a member of the international Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, operates hundreds of luxury hotels in 80 countries across Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
Year on year signings for new Rezidor properties have increased this year to 7,000 rooms, and are well ahead of last year's numbers.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In South Africa Browse all
Travel through the wonderful winelands region of South Africa before a short stay in a fully-equipped Dubai city hotel
- Doubletree by Hilton Al Barsha is set in Dubai's Al Barsha area, close to world-class shops, restaurants and popular Dubai attractions, just behind the Mall of The Emirates.
- Rental car included for the tour of South Africa
- Travel through the Winelands and Cape Peninsula in one of the most beautiful areas of the world
Discover the beauty of South Africa and the buzz of Dubai
- Explore amazing Dubai while staying at Hilton Garden Inn Mall of The Emirates
- Your journey in South Africa includes all meals and 2 game drives per day
- Excellent services included in the tour: 6 days Toyoto Corolla Car rental with GPS and additional driver option
From the amazing Blyde River Canyon to the iconic table Mountain, this tour has it all!
- Explore the underground Cango Caves at Oudtshoorn
- Visit a real Chief's village in Swaziland
- Go in search of Africa's 'Big Five' in Kruger National Park
Luxuriate in Mauritius ahead of a South African Safari
- Enjoy the breath taking views across the Blyde River Canyon (3 Rondavels), Bourke's Luck Potholes, Lisbon waterfalls and God's Window
- There is an 18-hole professional golf course nearby at Anahita
- Free Wi-Fi connection at lobby, restaurant & bar in Mauritius
Tour Summary South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
Overview South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
HIGHLIGHTS TOUR SAFARI, WINELANDS & CAPE TOWN South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place...
Nestled upon the St Lucia Estuary, the elephant lake hotel is surrounded by natural beauty and offers a thrilling array...
Surrounded by more than 8,000 hectares of malaria free, unspoiled African bushveld, the affordable, laidback and...
Located directly within Cape Town's historical city centre, this tranquil, modern and elegant hotel serves as the...