Rezidor Hotel Group celebrates development and operations of 100,000 rooms
The Rezidor Hotel Group has reached a new milestone, with 100,000 hotel rooms under development. During the third quarter of 2015, the hotel group signed contracts for 12 hotels with 2,300 guest rooms in countries including Turkey, Slovenia, Finland, and Cyprus, with new properties being developed under its Radisson Blu brand.
The Rezidor Hotel Group is celebrating a new milestone, with 100,000 hotel rooms under development and in operation.
The hotel group signed contracts to develop 12 new hotels with 2,300 guest rooms in the third quarter of 2015. Most of these are in emerging markets including new signings for properties in Cyprus, Slovenia and Iraq, as well as two more Radisson Blu hotels in Finland, and two in Istanbul, Turkey. Radisson Blu's is the largest upper-upscale hotel brand in the Istanbul.
Wolfgang M. Neumann, the President and CEO of Rezidor, comments:
"This is a milestone in pursuit of our focussed long-term strategy. Q3 2015 was a strong quarter for signings and openings – reflecting our pro-active approach, and further fuelling our progressing turnaround journey."
Rezidor has also signed contracts for properties under its new Radisson Red lifestyle select brand in Cape Town, South Africa, and Glasgow in Scotland, and its first European Radisson Red branded hotel is due to open in Brussels in Belgium in April 2016. There are currently eight Radisson Red properties under development across the world.
In the third quarter of 2015, nine hotels opened with 1,350 guest rooms, including new entries in Mauritius and Congo.
"We also opened two more hotels in Russia despite the current business climate which we closely monitor. We remain committed to this emerging market, unlock value for all stakeholders and the communities in which we operate, and believe in the region's long-term potential."
Explained Elie Younes, the Executive Vice President and Chief Development Officer of Rezidor.
The Europe-based Rezidor hotel group, a member of the international Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, operates hundreds of luxury hotels in 80 countries across Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
Year on year signings for new Rezidor properties have increased this year to 7,000 rooms, and are well ahead of last year's numbers.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In South Africa Browse all
Go for the experience of lifetime on this self-driven Kruger route - a classical tour that offers something for everyone with magical views along the way.
- The package includes accommodation in carefully selected 4* properties, meals as well as car hire including a GPS during your entire journey
- The tour is 7 nights and 8 days long with insights into the history of South Africa, cultural diversity, adventure, scenic beauty and unforgettable safaris
- Enjoy 4 game drives including morning and afternoon safaris to see elephants, leopards, lions, rhinos, cheetahs, hippos and many more animals
Relaxing and unforgettable experience - 11 nights tour including an excellent range of facilities
- Experience the fruitful lifestyle of the Cape Region
- Discover the spectacular landscapes of the Kruger region
- Travel to Karongwe Private Game Reserve to get exclusive access, day and night, to a wide range of animals including the "Big Five"
From the amazing Blyde River Canyon to the iconic table Mountain, this tour has it all!
- Explore the underground Cango Caves at Oudtshoorn
- Visit a real Chief's village in Swaziland
- Go in search of Africa's 'Big Five' in Kruger National Park
Explore the natural landscapes and wildlife that South Africa has to offer, before experiencing the Paradise of Seychelles.
- Have the time of your life, combining the best of both worlds!
- The resort is set between a turquoise lagoon and verdant green hills, beside its own bay of white sands. The resort is on the west coast of Mahe, just 35 minutes from the international airport.
- 5 days self drive tour in South Africa
Tour Summary South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
Overview South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
HIGHLIGHTS TOUR SAFARI, WINELANDS & CAPE TOWN South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place...
Nestled upon the St Lucia Estuary, the elephant lake hotel is surrounded by natural beauty and offers a thrilling array...
Surrounded by more than 8,000 hectares of malaria free, unspoiled African bushveld, the affordable, laidback and...
The “Zebra Country Lodge Reserve” is nestled amongst scenic bushveld mountains, running streams and manicured gardens...