Ritz-Carlton to open first hotel in Mexico City in 2019
The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company has announced it will open a new hotel in Mexico City, marking its debut in the city. Situated in the Chapultepec Uno mixed use project in the financial district, the Ritz-Carlton, Mexico City will have 153 guest rooms and suites, as well as an array of facilities including a Club Lounge and a spa.
The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company will make its debut in Mexico City with the opening of a new hotel in 2019.
Ritz-Carlton, Mexico City will be part of the Chapultepec Uno mixed use project in the heart of the financial district in Mexico City and it will be managed under an agreement with Thor Urbana Capital and Heldan Hotels and Resorts.
Herve Humler, the President and Chief Operations Officer for The Ritz-Carlton, explained in press release:
"We are thrilled to collaborate with Thor Urbana Capital and Heldan Hotels and Resorts to expand our presence in the Caribbean and Latin America, particularly in Mexico City - an epicentre of commerce and culture.
"Mexico remains one of the largest and most important international markets for our company, and we are confident that our legendary Ritz-Carlton service and culture is a perfect match for this vibrant, exciting destination."
The luxury hotel will have 153 guest rooms and suites and will occupy the 36th to 47th floors of the Chapultepec Uno building, one of the tallest buildings in Mexico City, and will offer uninterrupted views of Chapultepec Park. Facilities at the property include a Club Lounge, and a spa with a range of pampering treatments.
"Mexico City is the country's economic, industrial and cultural centre. We are so proud to be a part of this extraordinary project that we know will bring a new level of luxury hospitality to the city."
Commented Jaime Fasja, the Chief Executive Officer of Thor Urbana Capital.
Ritz-Carton operates 90 hotels and resorts around the world and several properties across the Caribbean and Latin America. These include The Ritz-Carton, Santiago, The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba, The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas, The Ritz-Carlton, Cancun, The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan, and Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve in Puerto Rico.
The luxury hotel group is also looking to open hotels in Panama City, Panama in 2016 and Los Cabos, Mexico in 2017.
Mexico City is the capital of Mexico and is a thriving hub with its famous Centro Historico that is home to the Aztec Templo Mayor, and the Zocalo, the largest square in Latin America.
Chapultepec Park is a huge urban park - one of the biggest in the world – and it boasts the main city zoo, a historic castle museum, lakes, an amusement park, and several museums.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at this beautiful retreat.
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Chic guest rooms feature plush furnishings and ultra modern bathrooms, as well as fantastic amenities
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Enjoy huge savings on this amazing hotel including 'Live It Up' for travel in 2018 slashing higher room category prices
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
The resort benefits from the privacy of a resort community creating an all-inclusive adults only oasis while still being close to the Cancun bars, shops and nightlife
- Sample gourmet cuisine from all over the world in nine Ã la carte restaurants
- An all-inclusive adults only oasis located on an untouched peninsula
- Located between the Caribbean sea and a wetlands reserve while still being close enough to lively Cancun
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Indulge in a true adults-only (over 21), urban experience at Oh! where you can take advantage of the hotel’s enviable...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...