Ritz-Carlton to open first hotel in Mexico City in 2019
The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company has announced it will open a new hotel in Mexico City, marking its debut in the city. Situated in the Chapultepec Uno mixed use project in the financial district, the Ritz-Carlton, Mexico City will have 153 guest rooms and suites, as well as an array of facilities including a Club Lounge and a spa.
The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company will make its debut in Mexico City with the opening of a new hotel in 2019.
Ritz-Carlton, Mexico City will be part of the Chapultepec Uno mixed use project in the heart of the financial district in Mexico City and it will be managed under an agreement with Thor Urbana Capital and Heldan Hotels and Resorts.
Herve Humler, the President and Chief Operations Officer for The Ritz-Carlton, explained in press release:
"We are thrilled to collaborate with Thor Urbana Capital and Heldan Hotels and Resorts to expand our presence in the Caribbean and Latin America, particularly in Mexico City - an epicentre of commerce and culture.
"Mexico remains one of the largest and most important international markets for our company, and we are confident that our legendary Ritz-Carlton service and culture is a perfect match for this vibrant, exciting destination."
The luxury hotel will have 153 guest rooms and suites and will occupy the 36th to 47th floors of the Chapultepec Uno building, one of the tallest buildings in Mexico City, and will offer uninterrupted views of Chapultepec Park. Facilities at the property include a Club Lounge, and a spa with a range of pampering treatments.
"Mexico City is the country's economic, industrial and cultural centre. We are so proud to be a part of this extraordinary project that we know will bring a new level of luxury hospitality to the city."
Commented Jaime Fasja, the Chief Executive Officer of Thor Urbana Capital.
Ritz-Carton operates 90 hotels and resorts around the world and several properties across the Caribbean and Latin America. These include The Ritz-Carton, Santiago, The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba, The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas, The Ritz-Carlton, Cancun, The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan, and Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve in Puerto Rico.
The luxury hotel group is also looking to open hotels in Panama City, Panama in 2016 and Los Cabos, Mexico in 2017.
Mexico City is the capital of Mexico and is a thriving hub with its famous Centro Historico that is home to the Aztec Templo Mayor, and the Zocalo, the largest square in Latin America.
Chapultepec Park is a huge urban park - one of the biggest in the world – and it boasts the main city zoo, a historic castle museum, lakes, an amusement park, and several museums.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at this beautiful retreat.
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Chic guest rooms feature plush furnishings and ultra modern bathrooms, as well as fantastic amenities
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Unlimited-Luxury concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
- Adults only resort just 20 minutes from the airport and the nightlife of Cancun 15 miles away
- Enjoy one of the various treatments on offer at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
- Fantastic all-inclusive package providing all meals, snacks, unlimited premium beverages, 24-hour room service and more
- Kids can Stay, Play and Eat free at Moon Palace when travelling from 1st June to 31st August 2016 & October Half Term (17th - 31st October 2016)
- Moon Spa & Golf Club is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Golf and Spa Resort you will...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...
Take a trip to the sunny side of life with an 8-day excursion to Mexico's lovely Caribbean Sea coastline. This is widely...