Ritz-Carlton to open first hotel in Mexico City in 2019
The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company has announced it will open a new hotel in Mexico City, marking its debut in the city. Situated in the Chapultepec Uno mixed use project in the financial district, the Ritz-Carlton, Mexico City will have 153 guest rooms and suites, as well as an array of facilities including a Club Lounge and a spa.
The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company will make its debut in Mexico City with the opening of a new hotel in 2019.
Ritz-Carlton, Mexico City will be part of the Chapultepec Uno mixed use project in the heart of the financial district in Mexico City and it will be managed under an agreement with Thor Urbana Capital and Heldan Hotels and Resorts.
Herve Humler, the President and Chief Operations Officer for The Ritz-Carlton, explained in press release:
"We are thrilled to collaborate with Thor Urbana Capital and Heldan Hotels and Resorts to expand our presence in the Caribbean and Latin America, particularly in Mexico City - an epicentre of commerce and culture.
"Mexico remains one of the largest and most important international markets for our company, and we are confident that our legendary Ritz-Carlton service and culture is a perfect match for this vibrant, exciting destination."
The luxury hotel will have 153 guest rooms and suites and will occupy the 36th to 47th floors of the Chapultepec Uno building, one of the tallest buildings in Mexico City, and will offer uninterrupted views of Chapultepec Park. Facilities at the property include a Club Lounge, and a spa with a range of pampering treatments.
"Mexico City is the country's economic, industrial and cultural centre. We are so proud to be a part of this extraordinary project that we know will bring a new level of luxury hospitality to the city."
Commented Jaime Fasja, the Chief Executive Officer of Thor Urbana Capital.
Ritz-Carton operates 90 hotels and resorts around the world and several properties across the Caribbean and Latin America. These include The Ritz-Carton, Santiago, The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba, The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas, The Ritz-Carlton, Cancun, The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan, and Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve in Puerto Rico.
The luxury hotel group is also looking to open hotels in Panama City, Panama in 2016 and Los Cabos, Mexico in 2017.
Mexico City is the capital of Mexico and is a thriving hub with its famous Centro Historico that is home to the Aztec Templo Mayor, and the Zocalo, the largest square in Latin America.
Chapultepec Park is a huge urban park - one of the biggest in the world – and it boasts the main city zoo, a historic castle museum, lakes, an amusement park, and several museums.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Let the Caribbean sunshine make you glow from the inside out when you stay at Cancun's Golden Parnassus resort - a truly luxurious all inclusive retreat where you'll be wanting for nothing.
- Take advantage of the superb facilities and enjoy a range of activities including water sports, mini golf and tennis
- A luxury all inclusive resort offering a relaxing adults-only environment ideal for a pampering beach holiday or romantic honeymoon
- Ideal location set by a beautiful white sand beach in Cancun with sweeping views of the Mexican Caribbean
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Unlimited-Luxury privileges include gourmet dining at 7 restaurants and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 8 bars
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only Uultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Golf and Spa Resort you will...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
The perfect family holiday awaits you at Crown Paradise Club located on the panoramic Cancun beach hotel zone known for...