Ritz-Carlton to open first hotel in Mexico City in 2019
The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company has announced it will open a new hotel in Mexico City, marking its debut in the city. Situated in the Chapultepec Uno mixed use project in the financial district, the Ritz-Carlton, Mexico City will have 153 guest rooms and suites, as well as an array of facilities including a Club Lounge and a spa.
The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company will make its debut in Mexico City with the opening of a new hotel in 2019.
Ritz-Carlton, Mexico City will be part of the Chapultepec Uno mixed use project in the heart of the financial district in Mexico City and it will be managed under an agreement with Thor Urbana Capital and Heldan Hotels and Resorts.
Herve Humler, the President and Chief Operations Officer for The Ritz-Carlton, explained in press release:
"We are thrilled to collaborate with Thor Urbana Capital and Heldan Hotels and Resorts to expand our presence in the Caribbean and Latin America, particularly in Mexico City - an epicentre of commerce and culture.
"Mexico remains one of the largest and most important international markets for our company, and we are confident that our legendary Ritz-Carlton service and culture is a perfect match for this vibrant, exciting destination."
The luxury hotel will have 153 guest rooms and suites and will occupy the 36th to 47th floors of the Chapultepec Uno building, one of the tallest buildings in Mexico City, and will offer uninterrupted views of Chapultepec Park. Facilities at the property include a Club Lounge, and a spa with a range of pampering treatments.
"Mexico City is the country's economic, industrial and cultural centre. We are so proud to be a part of this extraordinary project that we know will bring a new level of luxury hospitality to the city."
Commented Jaime Fasja, the Chief Executive Officer of Thor Urbana Capital.
Ritz-Carton operates 90 hotels and resorts around the world and several properties across the Caribbean and Latin America. These include The Ritz-Carton, Santiago, The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba, The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas, The Ritz-Carlton, Cancun, The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan, and Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve in Puerto Rico.
The luxury hotel group is also looking to open hotels in Panama City, Panama in 2016 and Los Cabos, Mexico in 2017.
Mexico City is the capital of Mexico and is a thriving hub with its famous Centro Historico that is home to the Aztec Templo Mayor, and the Zocalo, the largest square in Latin America.
Chapultepec Park is a huge urban park - one of the biggest in the world – and it boasts the main city zoo, a historic castle museum, lakes, an amusement park, and several museums.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Boutique-style guestrooms with ocean views and luxury amenities
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
The Riviera Maya has long been one of the touristic gems of the Americas. The Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun is set just...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
No matter if you're returning or if this is your first time to Cancun, days full of entertainment and fine dining at the...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...