Dubai plans to open new large-scale Meydan One Leisure and Residential Development
Dubai is planning to open a brand new mall that will be located next to the world's longest ski slope. Meydan One will be a large leisure, residential, and hospitality development spanning 3.67 million square metres and will feature a mall, a civic plaza, a marina with 100 berths, a 4-kilometre canal, and the 711-meter tall Dubai One tower.
The Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, launched the Meydan One development this week in Dubai.
The new large leisure, residential and hospitality development will be located next to the world's longest indoor ski slope in Dubai, between the Meydan Hotel and Al Khail Road,
Spanning 3.67 million square metres, the project will include the development of the Meydan One Mall, a civic plaza, the 711-meter tall Dubai One tower, a four-kilometre canal, and a marina with space for 100 vessels.
Saeed Humaid Al Tayer, Meydan’s Chairman, commented on the new project:
"This development is a forward thinking, interactive enterprise geared towards the Dubai of tomorrow,”
“The encouragement and support we have received in the past from our trusted partners will now help the Meydan One development come to life. The first phase will be completed as Dubai prepares to host the World Expo 2020,"
Situated next to the world’s largest indoor ski centre, measuring at 1.2km, the development will also have an indoor multi-purpose sport facility that spans 25,000 square meters; more than 5.3km of cycling and jogging trails; and a nine-kilometre boardwalk.
The Meydan Arena will be positioned at the base of the ski slope and will be able to seat up to 8,000 people for sporting events, live concerts and theatre shows.
The mall will have more than 300 shops, cafes, and luxury brands, and retractable roof that will open during the winter months.
The Dubai One is expected to become the tallest residential tower in the world and it will have 885 residential apartments as well as a 350-room luxury hotel.
The huge development will feature a dancing fountain that is expected to be the world’s largest at 420 metres long, a 300-metre long beach; a heritage village and a civic plaza that can accommodate up to 60,000 people.
The first phase of Meydan One is scheduled to be completed before 2020.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
Perfection is synonymous with this stunning property on Dubai's Palm Island
- There are 10 restaurants and bars serving a variety of cuisine from all over the globe
- Boasting the Talise Ottoman Spa, where guests can indulge in a host of relaxing treatments and therapies
- 300 AED SPA credit per person per stay for the hotel SPA
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
- Complimentary Access to So Fit "Gym, Sauna & Steam" with 25% disconut at SO SPA in addition to free WIFI
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning view of the Arabian Gulf, includes free WIFI
Experience the best of all worlds in Dubai - exceptional accommodation, restauarants, sandy beaches and unmatched shoppin, all for an unbeatable price
- Delight yourself in a culinary adventure with a selection of 16 dining options to tickle your taste buds
- Club Level rooms available providing access additional amenities and exclusive lounge access
- Located on the spectacular Jumeirah Beach adjacent to the Dubai Marina and only 10 minutes from the Emirates shopping mall
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa enjoys a fabulous location beside the world famous Jumeirah Beach overlooking the Dubai...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...