Dubai plans to open new large-scale Meydan One Leisure and Residential Development
Dubai is planning to open a brand new mall that will be located next to the world's longest ski slope. Meydan One will be a large leisure, residential, and hospitality development spanning 3.67 million square metres and will feature a mall, a civic plaza, a marina with 100 berths, a 4-kilometre canal, and the 711-meter tall Dubai One tower.
The Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, launched the Meydan One development this week in Dubai.
The new large leisure, residential and hospitality development will be located next to the world's longest indoor ski slope in Dubai, between the Meydan Hotel and Al Khail Road,
Spanning 3.67 million square metres, the project will include the development of the Meydan One Mall, a civic plaza, the 711-meter tall Dubai One tower, a four-kilometre canal, and a marina with space for 100 vessels.
Saeed Humaid Al Tayer, Meydan’s Chairman, commented on the new project:
"This development is a forward thinking, interactive enterprise geared towards the Dubai of tomorrow,”
“The encouragement and support we have received in the past from our trusted partners will now help the Meydan One development come to life. The first phase will be completed as Dubai prepares to host the World Expo 2020,"
Situated next to the world’s largest indoor ski centre, measuring at 1.2km, the development will also have an indoor multi-purpose sport facility that spans 25,000 square meters; more than 5.3km of cycling and jogging trails; and a nine-kilometre boardwalk.
The Meydan Arena will be positioned at the base of the ski slope and will be able to seat up to 8,000 people for sporting events, live concerts and theatre shows.
The mall will have more than 300 shops, cafes, and luxury brands, and retractable roof that will open during the winter months.
The Dubai One is expected to become the tallest residential tower in the world and it will have 885 residential apartments as well as a 350-room luxury hotel.
The huge development will feature a dancing fountain that is expected to be the world’s largest at 420 metres long, a 300-metre long beach; a heritage village and a civic plaza that can accommodate up to 60,000 people.
The first phase of Meydan One is scheduled to be completed before 2020.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Discover the impressive opulence of Dubai's skyline matched only by the views across the Arabian Gulf
Impeccable service combined with comfort and luxury with stunning views of Downtown Dubai
- A landmark hotel located in Deira, Dubai's historic district with stunning views over the city!
- Incredible bars, clubs and restaurants, including hip and trendy Sho Cho that's been taking Dubai's fashion set by storm.
- There are plenty of sightseeing and historical places to visit within walking distance
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning view of the Arabian Gulf, includes free Wi-Fi
- Complimentary Access to So Fit "Gym, Sauna & Steam" with 25% disconut at SO SPA in addition to free Wi-Fi
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
With over 20 restaurants and bars, you will be amazed by the variety of fine fare on offer to enhance your holiday.
- Complimentary services include a 1-2 hour scuba diving session
- Free Half Board on selected dates
- Venture next door with complimentary access to the Wild Wadi Water Park to cool yourself from the summer sun
Be sinfully self-indulgent and stay at an outrageously luxurious resort on Dubai's exclusive The Palm. You'll be basking in luxury from dawn to dusk.
- stay on the famous Palm in Dubai and enjoy stunning views over the skyline
- choose to upgrade to an amazing Ultra-All-Inclusive experience in the hotel
- Recieve complimentary boat transfers to iconic Dubai Marina or a free shuttle bus to Mall of the Emirates
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...