Riviera Nayarit in Mexico Records Increase in Hotel Occupancy Levels
The Riviera Nayarit region in Mexico has recorded high hotel occupancies between January and June 2015. The region near Cancun had occupancy levels of an average of 82.5 per cent, 11 per cent higher than the same time last year, and tourism officials say that the summer number are expected to reach an average of 98 per cent.
Mexico’s Riviera Nayarit region is becoming an increasingly popular travel destination with rising hotel occupancy levels.
During January and June this year, the region near Cancun recorded an average of 82.5 per cent hotel occupancies, an 11.1 per cent increase compared to the same period in 2014. Tourism officials are expecting these figures to increase to 98 per cent during the summer months.
Marc Murphy, the Managing Director for the Riviera Nayarit Convention & Visitors Bureau, explained:
"The continual training sessions with travel agents and meeting planners, plus the public relations, marketing and promotional strategies keep bearing fruit – although the best motive for the increase in occupancy has definitely been word of mouth,"
Murphy added that 23.7 per cent of holidaymakers who visit Riviera Nayarit have done on the basis of recommendations from family or friends.
Luxury hotels in the region have seen an increase in occupancy levels, with an average of 84 per cent from January to June this year.
The tropical region is home to an array of upscale hotels and resorts such as the Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit, which underwent a $20 million makeover and the Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa that has completed a four-year renovation project.
New hotels include the One&Only Mandarina, which boasts 145 villas and will open in the near future, and the Matlali Hotel in La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, which opened late last year with 40 villas.
In 2018, the 300-acre Cirque du Soleil theme park will open in Nuevo Vallarta and is expected to be a popular tourist attraction.
The area of Cancun is one of Mexico’s most popular tourist destinations, after the previously uninhabited strip of Caribbean coastline was developed into a tourist resort in 1970.
The region, which spans Cancun, Puerto Vallarta and the Riviera Maya, is now full of upscale hotels and resorts, gourmet restaurants, nightclubs, tourist attractions, world-class golf courses and adventure activities.
Holidaymakers can take zip line tours through the lush jungles; go scuba diving and explore the famous underwater museum; trek through rainforests that are full of wildlife; or take tours to the region’s ancient Mayan ruins and temples such as Chichen Itza, Tulum, Ek Balam, and Xcaret.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Riviera Maya Browse all
Stay right next to the world's second largest coral reef, in an idyllic setting that's also been declared a National Park.
- You'll be fantastically placed within walking distance to Puerto Morales, a quaint fishing village
- The tranquil National Park and beachfront setting that boasts the world's second largest coral reef
- French, Mediterranean, Asian and Mexican delights will tempt your palate at the resort's array of restaurants
Spoil yourself rotten with a pampering holiday at one of Cancun's most luxurious all inclusive resorts, with a long list of fully-included facilities, activities and services - everyone in the family is guaranteed to be pleased!
- As well as food & beverages, Unlimited-Luxury includes theme parties, daytime and evening entertainment and all the activities at the kids and teens clubs
- Explorer's Club for ages 3-12 and Core Zone for ages 9-17 provide a whole host of activities from euro-bungee to big screen movies on the beach
- Just 30 minutes away from Xcaret Park, an Ecological & Archaeological Theme Park with various family activities
Exuding romance and adults-only exclusivity, this luxury retreat will pamper you from head to foot with its indulgent Unlimited Luxury concept.
- Unlimited-Luxury will give you the celebrity treatment with unlimited premium drinks and gourmet meals
- Black Friday Special: Exclusive rate reductions save £200 per person
- Relax and rejuvenate at the Breathless Spa by Pevonia with a wide range of pampering treatments on offer
- Have the time of your life with exciting parties and endless entertainment
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Unlimited-Luxury concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
- Adults only resort just 20 minutes from the airport and the nightlife of Cancun 15 miles away
- Enjoy one of the various treatments on offer at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
Make the beautiful Riviera Maya region of Mexico your home away from home and experience the coastal holiday you've...
Submit to the charms of the picturesque Riviera Maya as you spend eight days exploring this unique district in the...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
The Riviera Maya, admired for its history and its wondrous sugar-white sands, kaleidoscope of green palm trees,and deep...
The Riviera Maya has long been one of the touristic gems of the Americas. Set just south of the Yucatan Peninsula, this...
Take a trip to the Mayan Riviera and discover another side of Mother Nature you've never seen. Your two weeks in this...