Riviera Nayarit in Mexico Records Increase in Hotel Occupancy Levels
The Riviera Nayarit region in Mexico has recorded high hotel occupancies between January and June 2015. The region near Cancun had occupancy levels of an average of 82.5 per cent, 11 per cent higher than the same time last year, and tourism officials say that the summer number are expected to reach an average of 98 per cent.
Mexico’s Riviera Nayarit region is becoming an increasingly popular travel destination with rising hotel occupancy levels.
During January and June this year, the region near Cancun recorded an average of 82.5 per cent hotel occupancies, an 11.1 per cent increase compared to the same period in 2014. Tourism officials are expecting these figures to increase to 98 per cent during the summer months.
Marc Murphy, the Managing Director for the Riviera Nayarit Convention & Visitors Bureau, explained:
"The continual training sessions with travel agents and meeting planners, plus the public relations, marketing and promotional strategies keep bearing fruit – although the best motive for the increase in occupancy has definitely been word of mouth,"
Murphy added that 23.7 per cent of holidaymakers who visit Riviera Nayarit have done on the basis of recommendations from family or friends.
Luxury hotels in the region have seen an increase in occupancy levels, with an average of 84 per cent from January to June this year.
The tropical region is home to an array of upscale hotels and resorts such as the Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit, which underwent a $20 million makeover and the Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa that has completed a four-year renovation project.
New hotels include the One&Only Mandarina, which boasts 145 villas and will open in the near future, and the Matlali Hotel in La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, which opened late last year with 40 villas.
In 2018, the 300-acre Cirque du Soleil theme park will open in Nuevo Vallarta and is expected to be a popular tourist attraction.
The area of Cancun is one of Mexico’s most popular tourist destinations, after the previously uninhabited strip of Caribbean coastline was developed into a tourist resort in 1970.
The region, which spans Cancun, Puerto Vallarta and the Riviera Maya, is now full of upscale hotels and resorts, gourmet restaurants, nightclubs, tourist attractions, world-class golf courses and adventure activities.
Holidaymakers can take zip line tours through the lush jungles; go scuba diving and explore the famous underwater museum; trek through rainforests that are full of wildlife; or take tours to the region’s ancient Mayan ruins and temples such as Chichen Itza, Tulum, Ek Balam, and Xcaret.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Riviera Maya Browse all
Spoil yourself rotten with a pampering holiday at one of Cancun's most luxurious all inclusive resorts, with a long list of fully-included facilities, activities and services - everyone in the family is guaranteed to be pleased!
- Just 30 minutes away from Xcaret Park, an Ecological & Archaeological Theme Park with various family activities
- Explorer's Club for ages 3-12 and Core Zone for ages 9-17 provide a whole host of activities from euro-bungee to big screen movies on the beach
- Book now and Enjoy a fantastic upgrade to Preferred Club Junior Suite Tropical View Room and gain various added values including Upgraded mini-bar service and bath amenities
- As well as food & beverages, Unlimited-Luxury includes theme parties, daytime and evening entertainment and all the activities at the kids and teens clubs
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- Go for the Unlimited-Luxury Experience at one of Mexico's most coveted all-inclusive resorts
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
Enjoy exclusive privileges on tap as part of the resort's signature Unlimited-Luxury all-inclusive concept.
- Retreat to one of the Mexican Caribbean's most coveted and secluded beach hideaways
- Something to keep everyone entertained at this fantastic family friendly resort
- Outdoor pool theater for shows and theme dinners
Discover this dream romantic getaway where every luxury is included at Secrets Akumal Riviera Maya
- Be seduced by sophisticated comforts, elegant design and complimentary green fees at Riviera Maya Golf Club
- Let Unlimited Luxury treat you to fine meals and drinks as well as an array of non-motorised water sports
- Enjoy the 24-hour room service, complimentary daily re-stocked mini bar and free Wi-Fi; it's all there and it's all included
The Riviera Maya has long been one of the touristic gems of the Americas. The Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun is set just...
Get away to one of the most exciting tourist destinations on earth, the Riviera Maya. This resort boasts the timeless...
The Riviera Maya, admired for its history and its wondrous sugar-white sands, kaleidoscope of green palm trees,and deep...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...
Take a trip to the Mayan Riviera and discover another side of Mother Nature you've never seen. Your two weeks in this...