Starwood Hotels and Resorts to debut W brand in Costa Rica
Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide, Inc has announced that it will debut its W brand in Costa Rica, after it signed an agreement with Desarrollos Hoteleros Guanacaste SA (DHG). The hotel group will open W Costa Rica - Reserva Conchal in the province of Guanacaste on the Pacific coast and it will have 151 guestrooms and suites.
Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide, Inc. will debut its W brand in Costa Rica in a partnership with Desarrollos Hoteleros Guanacaste SA (DHG).
Located in the province of Guanacaste on the Pacific coast of Costa Rica, W Costa Rica – Reserva Conchal will have 151 guest rooms and suites and will be part of a mixed used development in Reserva Conchal.
Jorge Giannattasio, the Senior Vice-president and Chief of Latin America Operations for Starwood Hotels and Resorts, explained:
"As we continue to pursue aggressive expansion in Latin America, the agreement to develop W Costa Rica – Reserva Conchal is an exciting addition to our pipeline."
The luxury beachfront hotel will be set against the backdrop of stunning surroundings made up of volcanoes, mountain ranges and coastline and it will be the W brand's first tropical escape in Latin America.
Facilities at the resort include a signature restaurant with international cuisine; the W Living Room with cocktails, and live music; an infinity pool with stunning natural views; and the Away spa and WET deck, with an array of pampering treatments and services.
Guests will have access to nearby facilities including the award-winning Robert Trent Jones II golf course, and many outdoor recreation and nightlife entertainment options.
"We are very pleased to be partnering with Starwood Hotels and Resorts to bring this project to life, creating a unique experience for travellers in Costa Rica."
Added Helmuth Sauter, the Director of Desarrollos Hoteleros Guanacaste S.A. and Reserva Conchal S.A.
The Guanacaste province boasts an array of pristine white sand beaches and the thriving Rincon de la Vieja National Park which is home to magnificent cascading waterfalls and a variety of wildlife species such as monkeys, sloths, tapirs, wild cats and hundreds of colourful birds.
Located in Central America, Costa Rica is home to some of the world's most breathtaking natural scenery including lush rainforests, volcanoes, soaring mountains, unspoilt beaches, and cascading waterfalls.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Explore the peaceful oasis that is Costa Rica and enjoy various activities that make for an unforgettable holiday
- A journey of discovery to an eco-tourist's dream destination
- Experience canopy walkways through a bridge system and marvel at the world's most amazing and beautiful flora and fauna
- Explore San Jose, Arenal, and the conservation project in Monteverde
You are sure to marvel at nature's treasures in Costa Rica, a paradise of lush forests, crystal coves, fine-sand beaches and exotic wildlife
- Marvel at Costa Rica's array of stunning settings, including forests, volcanic cliffs, beaches.
- Try snorkelling, kayaking, tennis, bocce ball, chess, access to a scuba clinic & more
- Relish unlimited Costa Rican and world cuisines in 4 and restaurants and 4 bars
Surrounding the resort is an up-and-coming surf community, which offers guests with a variety of exciting tours and excursions
- Explorer's Club for kids and Core Zone for teens, while adults can relax by the poolside, enjoy a romantic dinner by the beach or unwind at Dreams Spa by Pevonia
- Perfect location to enjoy nature at its finest, a country renowned for its beaches, volcanoes, and biodiversity
- Spoil yourself with Unlimited-Luxury; gourmet dining options, limitless top-shelf spirits, 24-hour room service and much more all included
The perfect combination of culture, history and nature with some added downtime at the end to enjoy one of the world's best beaches
- Visit the country's famous shoreline, cloud rainforests, volcano and the charming capital of San Jose
- Tour includes: San Jose City Tour, Sky Walk on Hanging Bridges, Buena Vista hot springs and mud baths, nature walk to La Pava and Salitral Waterfalls, horseback riding and more
- Relax at the hot springs and mud baths, and try your hand at zip lining, horseback riding or river tubing
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
Explore the tropical paradise that is Costa Rica with it's misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with...
The Hidden Jewels of Costa Rica Tour lets you explore the tropical paradise of Costa Rica and all of it's most...
The best holiday experience awaits for you at Palma Real Hotel & Casino in Costa Rica. Located just 5 minutes away from...
Country Inns & Suites in San Jose is located in the middle of everything, close to the shopping and attractions of the...
Located just a short walk from the city's main avenue and downtown, Park Inn by Radisson is a perfect base for exploring...