Starwood Hotels and Resorts to debut W brand in Costa Rica
Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide, Inc has announced that it will debut its W brand in Costa Rica, after it signed an agreement with Desarrollos Hoteleros Guanacaste SA (DHG). The hotel group will open W Costa Rica - Reserva Conchal in the province of Guanacaste on the Pacific coast and it will have 151 guestrooms and suites.
Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide, Inc. will debut its W brand in Costa Rica in a partnership with Desarrollos Hoteleros Guanacaste SA (DHG).
Located in the province of Guanacaste on the Pacific coast of Costa Rica, W Costa Rica – Reserva Conchal will have 151 guest rooms and suites and will be part of a mixed used development in Reserva Conchal.
Jorge Giannattasio, the Senior Vice-president and Chief of Latin America Operations for Starwood Hotels and Resorts, explained:
"As we continue to pursue aggressive expansion in Latin America, the agreement to develop W Costa Rica – Reserva Conchal is an exciting addition to our pipeline."
The luxury beachfront hotel will be set against the backdrop of stunning surroundings made up of volcanoes, mountain ranges and coastline and it will be the W brand's first tropical escape in Latin America.
Facilities at the resort include a signature restaurant with international cuisine; the W Living Room with cocktails, and live music; an infinity pool with stunning natural views; and the Away spa and WET deck, with an array of pampering treatments and services.
Guests will have access to nearby facilities including the award-winning Robert Trent Jones II golf course, and many outdoor recreation and nightlife entertainment options.
"We are very pleased to be partnering with Starwood Hotels and Resorts to bring this project to life, creating a unique experience for travellers in Costa Rica."
Added Helmuth Sauter, the Director of Desarrollos Hoteleros Guanacaste S.A. and Reserva Conchal S.A.
The Guanacaste province boasts an array of pristine white sand beaches and the thriving Rincon de la Vieja National Park which is home to magnificent cascading waterfalls and a variety of wildlife species such as monkeys, sloths, tapirs, wild cats and hundreds of colourful birds.
Located in Central America, Costa Rica is home to some of the world's most breathtaking natural scenery including lush rainforests, volcanoes, soaring mountains, unspoilt beaches, and cascading waterfalls.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Explore the peaceful oasis that is Costa Rica and enjoy various activities that make for an unforgettable holiday
- A journey of discovery to an eco -tourist dream destination
- This unique experience of canopy walkways allows you to experience the virgin cloud forest treetops. Through a bridge system you can marvel at the world's most amazing and beautiful flora and fauna
- San Jose, Arenal, and the conservation project in Monteverde
Located on the stunning Papagayo Peninsula in Guanacaste
- After booking a minimum of a 3 night stay in a Preferred Club room, guests will receive a welcome bottle of sparkling wine & fresh fruit, one mimosa breakfast in bed to be booked upon arrival and romantic turndown service one night during stay
- Enjoy activities galore including water aerobics, walks, themed nights, movies, cooking, volleyball, pilates and more.
- Choose between 3 romantic wedding packages, all including wedding cake, sparkling wine toast, honeymoon package, and free anniversary nights.
- Enjoy all-inclusive at an array of a la carte restaurants, or enjoy 24 hour room service.
The perfect combination of culture, history and nature with some added downtime at the end to enjoy one of the world's best beaches
- Relax at the hot springs and mud baths, and try your hand at zip lining, horseback riding or river tubing.
- Visit the country's famous shoreline, cloud rainforests, volcano and the charming capital of San Jose
- Tour includes: San Jose City Tour, Sky Walk on Hanging Bridges, Buena Vista hot springs and mud baths, nature walk to La Pava and Salitral Waterfalls, horseback riding and more
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife, it's an...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
Embrace the rich diversity of Costa Rica and open your doors to new experiences as you venture to San Jose for a...
âââCosta Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife -...
Overview Costa Ricans will all agree that the Caribbean side of the country has a culture of its own. Coconut in every...