Starwood Hotels and Resorts to debut W brand in Costa Rica
Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide, Inc has announced that it will debut its W brand in Costa Rica, after it signed an agreement with Desarrollos Hoteleros Guanacaste SA (DHG). The hotel group will open W Costa Rica - Reserva Conchal in the province of Guanacaste on the Pacific coast and it will have 151 guestrooms and suites.
Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide, Inc. will debut its W brand in Costa Rica in a partnership with Desarrollos Hoteleros Guanacaste SA (DHG).
Located in the province of Guanacaste on the Pacific coast of Costa Rica, W Costa Rica – Reserva Conchal will have 151 guest rooms and suites and will be part of a mixed used development in Reserva Conchal.
Jorge Giannattasio, the Senior Vice-president and Chief of Latin America Operations for Starwood Hotels and Resorts, explained:
"As we continue to pursue aggressive expansion in Latin America, the agreement to develop W Costa Rica – Reserva Conchal is an exciting addition to our pipeline."
The luxury beachfront hotel will be set against the backdrop of stunning surroundings made up of volcanoes, mountain ranges and coastline and it will be the W brand's first tropical escape in Latin America.
Facilities at the resort include a signature restaurant with international cuisine; the W Living Room with cocktails, and live music; an infinity pool with stunning natural views; and the Away spa and WET deck, with an array of pampering treatments and services.
Guests will have access to nearby facilities including the award-winning Robert Trent Jones II golf course, and many outdoor recreation and nightlife entertainment options.
"We are very pleased to be partnering with Starwood Hotels and Resorts to bring this project to life, creating a unique experience for travellers in Costa Rica."
Added Helmuth Sauter, the Director of Desarrollos Hoteleros Guanacaste S.A. and Reserva Conchal S.A.
The Guanacaste province boasts an array of pristine white sand beaches and the thriving Rincon de la Vieja National Park which is home to magnificent cascading waterfalls and a variety of wildlife species such as monkeys, sloths, tapirs, wild cats and hundreds of colourful birds.
Located in Central America, Costa Rica is home to some of the world's most breathtaking natural scenery including lush rainforests, volcanoes, soaring mountains, unspoilt beaches, and cascading waterfalls.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Go for the thrills and spills of a naturally rich Central American nation, packed with unforgettable adventures and unique encounters.
- Elegant and comfortable accommodations with quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience
- Learn more about Costa Rica with unique experience of the guided hiking tour, Arenal Volcano National Park Nature Walk, Doka Coffee Tour and much more to explore
- Includes a guided hiking tour through the rainforest with a lot of insight about flora, fauna and the volcano's history
You are sure to marvel at nature's treasures in Costa Rica, a paradise of lush forests, crystal coves, fine-sand beaches and exotic wildlife
- Marvel at Costa Rica's array of stunning settings, including forests, volcanic cliffs, beaches.
- Try snorkelling, kayaking, tennis, bocce ball, chess, access to a scuba clinic & more
- Relish unlimited Costa Rican and world cuisines in 4 and restaurants and 4 bars
Admire Costa Rica's cloud rainforest, climb a volcano, explore verdant grounds on a coffee plantation and relax on a beautiful beach at the end of it all
- Enjoy a coffee tour, witness an active volcano and bathe on the Pacific coast
- Experience Arenal Volcano with its rich fauna and flora
- Relax and enjoy a beach retreat at Guanacaste after your amazing tour
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife, it's an...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
The best holiday experience awaits for you at Palma Real Hotel & Casino in Costa Rica. Located just 5 minutes away from...
Country Inns & Suites in San Jose is located in the middle of everything, close to the shopping and attractions of the...
Located just a short walk from the city's main avenue and downtown, Park Inn by Radisson is a perfect base for exploring...