OZO Kandy offers package for Esala Perahera Festival in Sri Lanka in August
The Esala Perahera Festival will be luring holidaymakers to the hills of Kandy in Sri Lanka this summer and OZO Kandy is offering a special package for the occasion. Festival goers can enjoy three nights at the hotel from US$794 for two, breakfast, a half day cit tour, and two Esala Perahera festival tickets.
One of the oldest Buddhist festivals in the world will be bringing the Sri Lankan hills alive next month.
To celebrate the annual Esala Perahera Festival in Kandy, Sri Lanka, OZO Kandy is offering a special package for holidaymakers so they can enjoy the festivities in August.
Starting from US$794, the package includes three nights in a Sleep room for two, breakfast, two tickets to the Esala Perahera Festival, and a half-day tour of the hillside city.
The festival offers a series of evening parades with dazzling performances from fire and whip dancers, traditional Kandyan dances, music, and a stunning parade of more than 50 tuskers and elephants that have been decorated with colourful garments.
Located just five minutes from Kandy Railway Station, two hours from Bandaranaike International Airport (CMB), and minutes away from historic sites such as the Sri Dalada Maligawa (Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic), OZO Kandy is a modern hotel with guest rooms that boast 40-inch LCD TVs, radios, free WiFi, coffee and tea making facilities, and rain showers.
Facilities at the luxury hotel include a swimming pool, a modern fitness centre, an all-day dining restaurant, and the rooftop BOMU bar and lounge where guests can enjoy tapas snacks, chilled drinks and mountain views.
Sri Lanka an island in the Indian Ocean that is famous for its stunning natural scenery and diverse ecosystem made up of miles of sandy beaches, emerald-sloped mountains, wildlife sanctuaries, lush nature parks, and an array of heritage sites which include ancient cities and colonial forts.
The island is home to eight UNESCO World Heritage Sites including ancient cities such as Anuradhapura, which was founded in the 4th century BC lay hidden for years in a thick jungle. The city's palaces, temples and monuments are on display again and provide a fantastic insight into Sri Lanka's ancient heritage.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Enjoy a relaxing stay in an ideal setting surrounded by lush frangipanis, swaying palms and the glistening blue waters of Bentota's beaches.
- Discover Sri Lanka's cultural wonders from a soothing luxury retreat oozing 18th century charm
- Bask in acres of lush gardens framed by frangipani trees and facing a secluded golden sand beach
- Be wowed by the Dine by Design concept, allowing you to eat out in an array of scenic settings
Enjoy a wonderful beachside haven of tranquillity, days of luxury and the chance to see the island's green hills carpeted by lush plantations
- All rooms feature a Balcony or Terrace with spectacular views
- Enjoy the huge selection of activities including Volleyball, Tennis, Squash & more
- Relax at the Ayurveda Wellness & Spa with the best quality services that will make your stay unforgettable
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- English speaking chauffer guide for the Entire Round Tour
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour and Beach showcases some of the most cultural and historic sites in the world,...
Sri Lanka is the land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a...
Mount Lavinia is one of Sri Lanka's oldest hotel and with its impressive 200 plus years of heritage it has...
Take a trip to Sri Lanka and enjoy the warm hospitality at Avani Bentota. It is a resort located along the popular...