OZO Kandy offers package for Esala Perahera Festival in Sri Lanka in August
The Esala Perahera Festival will be luring holidaymakers to the hills of Kandy in Sri Lanka this summer and OZO Kandy is offering a special package for the occasion. Festival goers can enjoy three nights at the hotel from US$794 for two, breakfast, a half day cit tour, and two Esala Perahera festival tickets.
One of the oldest Buddhist festivals in the world will be bringing the Sri Lankan hills alive next month.
To celebrate the annual Esala Perahera Festival in Kandy, Sri Lanka, OZO Kandy is offering a special package for holidaymakers so they can enjoy the festivities in August.
Starting from US$794, the package includes three nights in a Sleep room for two, breakfast, two tickets to the Esala Perahera Festival, and a half-day tour of the hillside city.
The festival offers a series of evening parades with dazzling performances from fire and whip dancers, traditional Kandyan dances, music, and a stunning parade of more than 50 tuskers and elephants that have been decorated with colourful garments.
Located just five minutes from Kandy Railway Station, two hours from Bandaranaike International Airport (CMB), and minutes away from historic sites such as the Sri Dalada Maligawa (Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic), OZO Kandy is a modern hotel with guest rooms that boast 40-inch LCD TVs, radios, free WiFi, coffee and tea making facilities, and rain showers.
Facilities at the luxury hotel include a swimming pool, a modern fitness centre, an all-day dining restaurant, and the rooftop BOMU bar and lounge where guests can enjoy tapas snacks, chilled drinks and mountain views.
Sri Lanka an island in the Indian Ocean that is famous for its stunning natural scenery and diverse ecosystem made up of miles of sandy beaches, emerald-sloped mountains, wildlife sanctuaries, lush nature parks, and an array of heritage sites which include ancient cities and colonial forts.
The island is home to eight UNESCO World Heritage Sites including ancient cities such as Anuradhapura, which was founded in the 4th century BC lay hidden for years in a thick jungle. The city's palaces, temples and monuments are on display again and provide a fantastic insight into Sri Lanka's ancient heritage.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Discover local life in a fishing village, explore rainforests, Temples and much more on Sri Lanka's West Coast, and enjoy great value for money
- All rooms include a balcony or terrace with either Partial Sea View or Ocean View
- Enjoy Yoga, Snooker, access to 2 Swimming Pools & much more
- Access to the Sahana Spa and leave your daily stress behind with the magical touch of various spa treatments
Enjoy the peace and quite with a good choice of amenities and great location to discover the world of Sri Lanka
- Warm atmosphere and chic design make for a comfortable stay
- Tripadvisor Award Winner with a certificate of excellence for 2015
- Enjoy the amazing traditional and international cuisines presented in tempting Ã la carte menus and buffet style
- price includes free Half Board Upgrade
Arouse your senses in the Indian Ocean with this amazing double Island getaway
- Follow the thousands of local pilgrims and visit the awe inspiring Kalutara Temple - the only Buddhist shrine in the world which is completely hollow inside
- Sunrise and sunset fishing giving you the most stunning views over the Indian Ocean
- Tholhufushi Robinson Excursion , offering a real-life Robinson Crusoe adventure on a deserted island
The land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a holiday of a lifetime
- Unforgettable experience at Yala Safari
- English speaking chauffer guide during the roundtrip
- Transport in a comfortable vehicle
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour and Beach showcases some of the most cultural and historic sites in the world,...
A luxurious gem of a five-star hotel, the Heritance Ahungalla is a living piece of astounding architecture that allows...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....
Stay in a world of luxury and comfort at Citrus Waskaduwa, a fantastic beach retreat with top of the range amenities and...
Surrounded by vast paddy fields and exceptional natural beauty, the Kithala Resort is a true tropical haven as one...