Tourists invited to swim with whale shark in Cancun with El Cid Resorts
El Cid Resorts is inviting holidaymakers to enjoy whale shark tours in Cancun this summer as the ocean's largest fish arrive in the region during their annual migration. The hotel group has luxury resorts in Mazatlan, Cancun and Cozumel in Mexico and tours will be available for guests staying at all three properties.
El Cid Resorts will be offering a unique experience for its ocean-loving guests in Mexico this summer.
The hotel group is offering guests staying at its resorts in Cancun, Mazatlan and Cozumel, tours with the ocean's largest fish, the whale shark, when arrive in Cancun during their annual migration.
Holidaymakers staying at Mazatlan can take trips north of the region into the Sea of Cortez to dive and swim with the "friendly giants". The Sea of Cortez was named as "The World's Aquarium" by Jacques Cousteau, and it's no wonder with 68,340 square miles of colourful coral and diverse marine species. As well as swimming alongside whale sharks, tourists can play with dolphins, float alongside gliding manta rays, and watch diving sea lions.
In Cancun and Cozumel, guests will head to Isla Mujeres which is located off the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula, which is hosting the 8th annual Whale Shark Festival from 18th to 24th July, 2015.
During the festival, tourists can swim with whale sharks or just watch them from the sandy shores as they flock to the waters that are famous for their high plankton population. There will also be music, dances, and local cuisine.
Whale sharks are often spotted in tropical scuba diving destinations and they are passive friendly creatures that live on a diet of plankton and small fish.
To protect the environment and ocean, participants who want to swim with the whale sharks must use reef-safe, 100 per cent biodegradable sunscreen.
Cancun is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Mexico and the city is full of upscale hotels and resorts, gourmet restaurants, nightclubs, tourist attractions, shops and boutiques, world-class golf courses, and fun activities.
Holidaymakers can go zip lining through lush jungles; scuba dive beneath the surface of the crystal clear cobalt ocean to explore the famous underwater museum and spectacular marine life; trek through rainforests that are thriving with diverse wildlife; or explore the region's ancient Mayan ruins and temples such as Coba, Ek Balam, San Gervasio, Xcaret, and Chichen Itza.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- The proximity to the "best-preserved Mayan ruins in the Western Hemisphere"
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Travel from May onwards and enjoy a fantastic upgrade to a Preferred Club Junior Suite Pool View
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Stay in an adults only Uultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Unlimited-Luxury privileges include gourmet dining at 7 restaurants and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 8 bars
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
The Riviera Maya, admired for its history and its wondrous sugar-white sands, kaleidoscope of green palm trees,and deep...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
For the ideal combination of natural beauty and fun-filled activities, look no further than Sunscape Sabor Cozumel....
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Take a trip to the sunny side of life with an 8-day excursion to Mexico's lovely Caribbean Sea coastline. This is widely...