Tourists invited to swim with whale shark in Cancun with El Cid Resorts
El Cid Resorts is inviting holidaymakers to enjoy whale shark tours in Cancun this summer as the ocean's largest fish arrive in the region during their annual migration. The hotel group has luxury resorts in Mazatlan, Cancun and Cozumel in Mexico and tours will be available for guests staying at all three properties.
El Cid Resorts will be offering a unique experience for its ocean-loving guests in Mexico this summer.
The hotel group is offering guests staying at its resorts in Cancun, Mazatlan and Cozumel, tours with the ocean's largest fish, the whale shark, when arrive in Cancun during their annual migration.
Holidaymakers staying at Mazatlan can take trips north of the region into the Sea of Cortez to dive and swim with the "friendly giants". The Sea of Cortez was named as "The World's Aquarium" by Jacques Cousteau, and it's no wonder with 68,340 square miles of colourful coral and diverse marine species. As well as swimming alongside whale sharks, tourists can play with dolphins, float alongside gliding manta rays, and watch diving sea lions.
In Cancun and Cozumel, guests will head to Isla Mujeres which is located off the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula, which is hosting the 8th annual Whale Shark Festival from 18th to 24th July, 2015.
During the festival, tourists can swim with whale sharks or just watch them from the sandy shores as they flock to the waters that are famous for their high plankton population. There will also be music, dances, and local cuisine.
Whale sharks are often spotted in tropical scuba diving destinations and they are passive friendly creatures that live on a diet of plankton and small fish.
To protect the environment and ocean, participants who want to swim with the whale sharks must use reef-safe, 100 per cent biodegradable sunscreen.
Cancun is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Mexico and the city is full of upscale hotels and resorts, gourmet restaurants, nightclubs, tourist attractions, shops and boutiques, world-class golf courses, and fun activities.
Holidaymakers can go zip lining through lush jungles; scuba dive beneath the surface of the crystal clear cobalt ocean to explore the famous underwater museum and spectacular marine life; trek through rainforests that are thriving with diverse wildlife; or explore the region's ancient Mayan ruins and temples such as Coba, Ek Balam, San Gervasio, Xcaret, and Chichen Itza.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Unwind and relax on a pristine beach knowing your kids are enjoying endless endless activities, designed especially for them at the Treasure Island Water Park
- Enjoy a film at the onsite private cinema
- Dine at a wide range of 10 restaurants & 11 bars
- Make a splash at Treasure Island Water Park
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at this beautiful retreat.
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Chic guest rooms feature plush furnishings and ultra modern bathrooms, as well as fantastic amenities
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- Go for the Unlimited-Luxury Experience at one of Mexico's most coveted all-inclusive resorts
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...