Tourists invited to swim with whale shark in Cancun with El Cid Resorts
El Cid Resorts is inviting holidaymakers to enjoy whale shark tours in Cancun this summer as the ocean's largest fish arrive in the region during their annual migration. The hotel group has luxury resorts in Mazatlan, Cancun and Cozumel in Mexico and tours will be available for guests staying at all three properties.
El Cid Resorts will be offering a unique experience for its ocean-loving guests in Mexico this summer.
The hotel group is offering guests staying at its resorts in Cancun, Mazatlan and Cozumel, tours with the ocean's largest fish, the whale shark, when arrive in Cancun during their annual migration.
Holidaymakers staying at Mazatlan can take trips north of the region into the Sea of Cortez to dive and swim with the "friendly giants". The Sea of Cortez was named as "The World's Aquarium" by Jacques Cousteau, and it's no wonder with 68,340 square miles of colourful coral and diverse marine species. As well as swimming alongside whale sharks, tourists can play with dolphins, float alongside gliding manta rays, and watch diving sea lions.
In Cancun and Cozumel, guests will head to Isla Mujeres which is located off the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula, which is hosting the 8th annual Whale Shark Festival from 18th to 24th July, 2015.
During the festival, tourists can swim with whale sharks or just watch them from the sandy shores as they flock to the waters that are famous for their high plankton population. There will also be music, dances, and local cuisine.
Whale sharks are often spotted in tropical scuba diving destinations and they are passive friendly creatures that live on a diet of plankton and small fish.
To protect the environment and ocean, participants who want to swim with the whale sharks must use reef-safe, 100 per cent biodegradable sunscreen.
Cancun is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Mexico and the city is full of upscale hotels and resorts, gourmet restaurants, nightclubs, tourist attractions, shops and boutiques, world-class golf courses, and fun activities.
Holidaymakers can go zip lining through lush jungles; scuba dive beneath the surface of the crystal clear cobalt ocean to explore the famous underwater museum and spectacular marine life; trek through rainforests that are thriving with diverse wildlife; or explore the region's ancient Mayan ruins and temples such as Coba, Ek Balam, San Gervasio, Xcaret, and Chichen Itza.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Unwind and relax on a pristine beach knowing your kids are enjoying endless endless activities, designed especially for them at the Treasure Island Water Park
- Enjoy a film at the onsite private cinema
- Dine at a wide range of 10 restaurants & 11 bars
- Make a splash at Treasure Island Water Park
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Unlimited-Luxury privileges include gourmet dining at 7 restaurants and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 8 bars
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only Uultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Golf and Spa Resort you will...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
The perfect family holiday awaits you at Crown Paradise Club located on the panoramic Cancun beach hotel zone known for...