Tourists invited to swim with whale shark in Cancun with El Cid Resorts
El Cid Resorts is inviting holidaymakers to enjoy whale shark tours in Cancun this summer as the ocean's largest fish arrive in the region during their annual migration. The hotel group has luxury resorts in Mazatlan, Cancun and Cozumel in Mexico and tours will be available for guests staying at all three properties.
El Cid Resorts will be offering a unique experience for its ocean-loving guests in Mexico this summer.
The hotel group is offering guests staying at its resorts in Cancun, Mazatlan and Cozumel, tours with the ocean's largest fish, the whale shark, when arrive in Cancun during their annual migration.
Holidaymakers staying at Mazatlan can take trips north of the region into the Sea of Cortez to dive and swim with the "friendly giants". The Sea of Cortez was named as "The World's Aquarium" by Jacques Cousteau, and it's no wonder with 68,340 square miles of colourful coral and diverse marine species. As well as swimming alongside whale sharks, tourists can play with dolphins, float alongside gliding manta rays, and watch diving sea lions.
In Cancun and Cozumel, guests will head to Isla Mujeres which is located off the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula, which is hosting the 8th annual Whale Shark Festival from 18th to 24th July, 2015.
During the festival, tourists can swim with whale sharks or just watch them from the sandy shores as they flock to the waters that are famous for their high plankton population. There will also be music, dances, and local cuisine.
Whale sharks are often spotted in tropical scuba diving destinations and they are passive friendly creatures that live on a diet of plankton and small fish.
To protect the environment and ocean, participants who want to swim with the whale sharks must use reef-safe, 100 per cent biodegradable sunscreen.
Cancun is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Mexico and the city is full of upscale hotels and resorts, gourmet restaurants, nightclubs, tourist attractions, shops and boutiques, world-class golf courses, and fun activities.
Holidaymakers can go zip lining through lush jungles; scuba dive beneath the surface of the crystal clear cobalt ocean to explore the famous underwater museum and spectacular marine life; trek through rainforests that are thriving with diverse wildlife; or explore the region's ancient Mayan ruins and temples such as Coba, Ek Balam, San Gervasio, Xcaret, and Chichen Itza.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget, why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Boutique-style guestrooms with ocean views and luxury amenities
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
The Riviera Maya has long been one of the touristic gems of the Americas. The Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun is set just...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
No matter if you're returning or if this is your first time to Cancun, days full of entertainment and fine dining at the...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...