Cenizaro Hotels and Resorts to open second hotel in Maldives
Cenizaro Hotels and Resorts has announced that it will be adding a new hotel to its collection of Residence by Cenizaro branded properties. The hotel group will open The Residence Maldives at Dhigurah next year and it will have 173 luxury beach and water villas and a Spa by Clarins with separate thatched-roof treatment pavilions.
Cenizaro Hotels and Resorts will open a second property in the Maldives next year under its Residence by Cenizaro brand.
The Residence Maldives at Dhigurah is due to open in the summer of 2016 and will be located in the south of the archipelago in Gaafu Alifu atoll where the hotel group's other hotel in the Maldives is situated. The two resorts are on two different islands but they will be linked by a bridge.
The Residence Maldives at Dhigurah will have 173 spacious beach and water villas and facilities will include Li Bai, a Cantonese restaurant, and a Spa by Clarins that boasts individual thatched roofed spa pavilions and an array of pampering treatments and services.
The luxury beachfront resort in Dhigurah will cater for families and it will have a large playground for kids where they can explore, play and learn.
Scuba diving enthusiasts and snorkelers will love the reef that encircles The Residence Maldives at Dhigurah and boasts more than 250 species of coral and 1,200 species of diverse and colourful marine life. Gary Xie, the Director of Cenizaro Hotels and Resorts, explained:
"With The Residence Maldives at Dhigurah we are creating a new offering for our guests. The hotel will as always be an authentic expression of The Residence philosophy; with its own story to tell and a combination of both Maldivian and global influences that will give it a unique sense of place. But, with The Residence Maldives at Dhigurah, we want to create a hotel that is both the perfect place to relax but is also the ideal spot for families to let loose and have fun."
Cenizaro Hotels and Resorts has five hotels and resorts under its The Residence by Cenizaro brand in Zanzibar, Mauritius, Tunis, and the Maldives. The hotel group is planning to open more over the next three years in countries including Indonesia and Tunisia.
Situated in the Indian Ocean, the Maldives is an archipelago spanning nearly 1,200 stunning coral islands, of which 200 are inhabited.
Holidaymakers can enjoy a wide range of activities such as snorkelling, scuba diving, boat excursions, hikes through tropical forests, and relaxing on powder-soft, white sandy beaches that are fringed with swaying palm trees and azure ocean waters.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Kurumba Island is a dream resort with so much to dazzle guests that most return over and over again.
- Choose from an ample choice of excellent dining options, top recreational activities and fantastic entertainment
- Just a 10-minute boat drive to paradise nestled amidst tropical gardens and white sandy beaches
- For keen marine enthusiasts a house reef is only a few feet away from the island
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Relax and unwind on Paradise Island before picking up the pace in glamorous Dubai enjoy the Duty free shopping
- Take a dip in the turquoise lagoon or the onsite pool, go snorkelling and windsurfing or opt for land sports recreation
- Your Dubai abode sits close to the Mall of the Emirates and a short ride to the famous Jumeirah Beach
- Paradise Island accommodation are Bungalows with direct access to the beach or Water Bungalows with private sun terrace
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Take your pick from seven exquisite restaurants and six lively bars
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
True Maldivian style comes to the fore at Reethi Beach Resort, situated on the tiny Baa Atoll. The PADI 5-star Dive...
Get away from the mundane and enjoy eight days of uninterrupted sun and sand on the shores of one of the most sought...