Cenizaro Hotels and Resorts to open second hotel in Maldives
Cenizaro Hotels and Resorts has announced that it will be adding a new hotel to its collection of Residence by Cenizaro branded properties. The hotel group will open The Residence Maldives at Dhigurah next year and it will have 173 luxury beach and water villas and a Spa by Clarins with separate thatched-roof treatment pavilions.
Cenizaro Hotels and Resorts will open a second property in the Maldives next year under its Residence by Cenizaro brand.
The Residence Maldives at Dhigurah is due to open in the summer of 2016 and will be located in the south of the archipelago in Gaafu Alifu atoll where the hotel group's other hotel in the Maldives is situated. The two resorts are on two different islands but they will be linked by a bridge.
The Residence Maldives at Dhigurah will have 173 spacious beach and water villas and facilities will include Li Bai, a Cantonese restaurant, and a Spa by Clarins that boasts individual thatched roofed spa pavilions and an array of pampering treatments and services.
The luxury beachfront resort in Dhigurah will cater for families and it will have a large playground for kids where they can explore, play and learn.
Scuba diving enthusiasts and snorkelers will love the reef that encircles The Residence Maldives at Dhigurah and boasts more than 250 species of coral and 1,200 species of diverse and colourful marine life. Gary Xie, the Director of Cenizaro Hotels and Resorts, explained:
"With The Residence Maldives at Dhigurah we are creating a new offering for our guests. The hotel will as always be an authentic expression of The Residence philosophy; with its own story to tell and a combination of both Maldivian and global influences that will give it a unique sense of place. But, with The Residence Maldives at Dhigurah, we want to create a hotel that is both the perfect place to relax but is also the ideal spot for families to let loose and have fun."
Cenizaro Hotels and Resorts has five hotels and resorts under its The Residence by Cenizaro brand in Zanzibar, Mauritius, Tunis, and the Maldives. The hotel group is planning to open more over the next three years in countries including Indonesia and Tunisia.
Situated in the Indian Ocean, the Maldives is an archipelago spanning nearly 1,200 stunning coral islands, of which 200 are inhabited.
Holidaymakers can enjoy a wide range of activities such as snorkelling, scuba diving, boat excursions, hikes through tropical forests, and relaxing on powder-soft, white sandy beaches that are fringed with swaying palm trees and azure ocean waters.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- Benifit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters also featuring private sun decks
- The Main Restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western fare
- Easy acces to capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Combine effortless luxury with the stunning surrounding paradise in the Maldives
- Create lasting memories with a sunset cruise
- Discover the crystal clear waters and marine life through a wide range of water sports activities
- Relax and unwind in the well-appointed luxury villas
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Take your pick from seven exquisite restaurants and six lively bars
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
The island of Bandos is a perfect setting for that romantic getaway or those two weeks of bliss away from work. The...