The Holiday Place attends embassy reception celebrating the Year of Mexico in the UK
Last 13th May, The Holiday Place received an invitation to attend a special Mexican evening held by the Mexican ambassador at the Lancaster London hotel. Offering a great opportunity for networking, exchanging ideas, spotting good business opportunities and meeting important partners, one of our travel writers was there to report on the event, exchange a few words and discuss future projects with partners and representatives from Mexico's Tourism Board.
A beautiful and cosy evening reception was recently held at the Lancaster London, showcasing the best of Mexico and attended by some of the biggest names in the Mexican tourism industry, including hotel and airline companies.
It offered a great opportunity for engaging with some of the most important representatives in Mexico's holiday industry as well as strengthening ties with existing partners and discussing past and future projects together.
In a true Mexican display of culinary art, tasty Mexican canapes were passed around while authentic Mexican beers, tequilas and the country's iconic cocktail (Margarita) was served.
Speaking to Vicente Salas at the event, Director at Mexico Tourism Board, Susana Corona, Travel Writer at The Holiday Place discussed their new projects in common, such as the imminent launch of a mutual cooperative campaign which will consist in a series of full page advertising publications across a variety of newspapers and magazines such as Metro, The Guardian, Escapism, and more.
These advertisements will be promoting Mexico as a destination, highlighting the country's natural, cultural, historical riches and unique appeal whilst showcasing The Holiday Place's range of Mexico holidays.
Of the new partnership between Mexico Tourism Board and The Holiday Place, Mr Salas said:
"We're really looking forward to working more closely with The Holiday Place and are excited about the new cooperative project we are about to launch together.
The Holiday Place is very effective in promoting Mexico's unique assets through the range of quality holidays to Mexico they sell, so we have very high hopes for the success of our mutual campaign."
The small and elegant hall chosen for the intimate event, created a cosy space in which Mexico's warmth vibe could be felt. All in all, an key step moving forward on the Year of Mexico in the UK...with plenty of more to come as the rest of the year unfolds.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...