The Holiday Place attends embassy reception celebrating the Year of Mexico in the UK
Last 13th May, The Holiday Place received an invitation to attend a special Mexican evening held by the Mexican ambassador at the Lancaster London hotel. Offering a great opportunity for networking, exchanging ideas, spotting good business opportunities and meeting important partners, one of our travel writers was there to report on the event, exchange a few words and discuss future projects with partners and representatives from Mexico's Tourism Board.
A beautiful and cosy evening reception was recently held at the Lancaster London, showcasing the best of Mexico and attended by some of the biggest names in the Mexican tourism industry, including hotel and airline companies.
It offered a great opportunity for engaging with some of the most important representatives in Mexico's holiday industry as well as strengthening ties with existing partners and discussing past and future projects together.
In a true Mexican display of culinary art, tasty Mexican canapes were passed around while authentic Mexican beers, tequilas and the country's iconic cocktail (Margarita) was served.
Speaking to Vicente Salas at the event, Director at Mexico Tourism Board, Susana Corona, Travel Writer at The Holiday Place discussed their new projects in common, such as the imminent launch of a mutual cooperative campaign which will consist in a series of full page advertising publications across a variety of newspapers and magazines such as Metro, The Guardian, Escapism, and more.
These advertisements will be promoting Mexico as a destination, highlighting the country's natural, cultural, historical riches and unique appeal whilst showcasing The Holiday Place's range of Mexico holidays.
Of the new partnership between Mexico Tourism Board and The Holiday Place, Mr Salas said:
"We're really looking forward to working more closely with The Holiday Place and are excited about the new cooperative project we are about to launch together.
The Holiday Place is very effective in promoting Mexico's unique assets through the range of quality holidays to Mexico they sell, so we have very high hopes for the success of our mutual campaign."
The small and elegant hall chosen for the intimate event, created a cosy space in which Mexico's warmth vibe could be felt. All in all, an key step moving forward on the Year of Mexico in the UK...with plenty of more to come as the rest of the year unfolds.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...