The Holiday Place attends embassy reception celebrating the Year of Mexico in the UK
Last 13th May, The Holiday Place received an invitation to attend a special Mexican evening held by the Mexican ambassador at the Lancaster London hotel. Offering a great opportunity for networking, exchanging ideas, spotting good business opportunities and meeting important partners, one of our travel writers was there to report on the event, exchange a few words and discuss future projects with partners and representatives from Mexico's Tourism Board.
A beautiful and cosy evening reception was recently held at the Lancaster London, showcasing the best of Mexico and attended by some of the biggest names in the Mexican tourism industry, including hotel and airline companies.
It offered a great opportunity for engaging with some of the most important representatives in Mexico's holiday industry as well as strengthening ties with existing partners and discussing past and future projects together.
In a true Mexican display of culinary art, tasty Mexican canapes were passed around while authentic Mexican beers, tequilas and the country's iconic cocktail (Margarita) was served.
Speaking to Vicente Salas at the event, Director at Mexico Tourism Board, Susana Corona, Travel Writer at The Holiday Place discussed their new projects in common, such as the imminent launch of a mutual cooperative campaign which will consist in a series of full page advertising publications across a variety of newspapers and magazines such as Metro, The Guardian, Escapism, and more.
These advertisements will be promoting Mexico as a destination, highlighting the country's natural, cultural, historical riches and unique appeal whilst showcasing The Holiday Place's range of Mexico holidays.
Of the new partnership between Mexico Tourism Board and The Holiday Place, Mr Salas said:
"We're really looking forward to working more closely with The Holiday Place and are excited about the new cooperative project we are about to launch together.
The Holiday Place is very effective in promoting Mexico's unique assets through the range of quality holidays to Mexico they sell, so we have very high hopes for the success of our mutual campaign."
The small and elegant hall chosen for the intimate event, created a cosy space in which Mexico's warmth vibe could be felt. All in all, an key step moving forward on the Year of Mexico in the UK...with plenty of more to come as the rest of the year unfolds.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
For an amazing price, you can experience a tropical paradise where everything is included - Ambre Resort offers affordable luxury for all to enjoy
- Make the most of glass-bottomed boat trips, kayaking, snorkelling and green fees at the nearby Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club
- Enjoy a selection of restaurants and Bars inlcuding a swim-up bar
- Ambre resort has stunning views of the Indian Ocean and boasts a 750-metre long white natural beach
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Discreet and unpretentious, yet charming and welcoming, Hotel Phebus enjoys a quiet location at the heart of La Marsa -...