The Holiday Place attends embassy reception celebrating the Year of Mexico in the UK
Last 13th May, The Holiday Place received an invitation to attend a special Mexican evening held by the Mexican ambassador at the Lancaster London hotel. Offering a great opportunity for networking, exchanging ideas, spotting good business opportunities and meeting important partners, one of our travel writers was there to report on the event, exchange a few words and discuss future projects with partners and representatives from Mexico's Tourism Board.
A beautiful and cosy evening reception was recently held at the Lancaster London, showcasing the best of Mexico and attended by some of the biggest names in the Mexican tourism industry, including hotel and airline companies.
It offered a great opportunity for engaging with some of the most important representatives in Mexico's holiday industry as well as strengthening ties with existing partners and discussing past and future projects together.
In a true Mexican display of culinary art, tasty Mexican canapes were passed around while authentic Mexican beers, tequilas and the country's iconic cocktail (Margarita) was served.
Speaking to Vicente Salas at the event, Director at Mexico Tourism Board, Susana Corona, Travel Writer at The Holiday Place discussed their new projects in common, such as the imminent launch of a mutual cooperative campaign which will consist in a series of full page advertising publications across a variety of newspapers and magazines such as Metro, The Guardian, Escapism, and more.
These advertisements will be promoting Mexico as a destination, highlighting the country's natural, cultural, historical riches and unique appeal whilst showcasing The Holiday Place's range of Mexico holidays.
Of the new partnership between Mexico Tourism Board and The Holiday Place, Mr Salas said:
"We're really looking forward to working more closely with The Holiday Place and are excited about the new cooperative project we are about to launch together.
The Holiday Place is very effective in promoting Mexico's unique assets through the range of quality holidays to Mexico they sell, so we have very high hopes for the success of our mutual campaign."
The small and elegant hall chosen for the intimate event, created a cosy space in which Mexico's warmth vibe could be felt. All in all, an key step moving forward on the Year of Mexico in the UK...with plenty of more to come as the rest of the year unfolds.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, this all-inclusive resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Enjoy a FREE glass bottom boat trip, island jeep safari and island coach tour
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Offering superb accommodation with a wide range of facilities, Yas Island Rotana is conveniently located on the...