Accor to manage Mercure Maldives Kooddoo Resort and Pullman Maldives Maamutaa
Accor Asia Pacific will manage two new resorts that are being built in the pristine south of the Maldives in the Gaafu Alifu Atoll. The Mercure Maldives Kooddoo Resort and the Pullman Maldives Maamutaa will open in 2016 and 2018 respectively and will offer five-star facilities and accommodation for holidaymakers.
Pristine Island Investments Pte Ltd has appointed Accor Asia Pacific to manage two brand new resorts in the south of the Maldives.
The Mercure Maldives Kooddoo Resort and the Pullman Maldives Maamutaa are currently under construction in the Gaafu Alifu Atoll in the Maldives, and are scheduled to open in 2016 and 2018 respectively.
Michael Issenberg, the Chairman and CEO for Accor Asia Pacific, explained:
"We are thrilled to announce our first two hotels in the Maldives at a time when the region is enjoying excellent growth, especially with travellers from Asia Pacific.
"The Mercure and Pullman resorts will provide great options for travellers looking for world-class accommodation in the middle of this unspoilt lagoon and we look forward to working with Pristine to bring these exciting projects to fruition."
The Mercure Maldives Kooddoo Resort will have 68 villas including 43 overwater villas and 25 beach villas. The luxury beachfront resort is being built using local materials and the decor will feature bright colours and stylish furnishings that reflect the Maldivian culture.
The resort will be the only property in the Maldives that will be directly accessible via domestic plane, so guest won't need the additional speedboat journey to reach the island.
Facilities at the hotel include a swimming pool and pool bar, a tranquil spa, modern gym, a dive centre with additional water sports, and an all-day gourmet restaurant serving local and international cuisine.
The Pullman Maldives Maamutaa Resort will be a ‘oneisland, one-resort development' and will have 120 overwater and beach villas. The resort is a 10-minute speedboat ride from the newly-opened Kooddoo Airport and is located on the picturesque Maamutaa Island.
The five-star resort will offer upscale modern facilities such as two swimming pools, a sunset bar overlooking the lagoon, a luxury spa, a state-of-the-art fitness centre, a kids club, beach playground, tennis courts, gourmet restaurants, organic gardens, a dive centre, and a water sports centre.
Mr Ronald Leo, the CEO of Pristine Island Investments Pte Ltd, commented:
"The upscale Pullman Maldives Maamutaa Resort and mid-scale Mercure Maldives Kooddoo Resort will be our first two hotel developments in the Maldives and we are pleased to partner with Accor which has a large brand portfolio catering to different market segments and a strong brand presence in Europe and Asia.
"We believe that this partnership, with our collective experience, will create a new and very exciting holiday destination in the Maldives."
Situated in the Indian Ocean, the Maldives is an archipelago spanning nearly 1,200 stunning coral islands, of which 200 are inhabited.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
See what the Maldives really has to offer at Velassaru Maldives, with a great array of excursions.
- Fantastic selection of excursions from night snorkelling to fishing to a trip to Male to having an island all to yourself!
- As well as chilling on the beach or visiting the Spa, why not go an practice the ancient art of Yoga?
- Five wonderful dining venues and two exciting bars means you have a range of options depending on what mood you are in
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream with the added royal treatment
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Relax and unwind on Paradise Island before picking up the pace in glamorous Dubai enjoy the Duty free shopping
- Take a dip in the turquoise lagoon or the onsite pool, go snorkelling and windsurfing or opt for land sports recreation
- Your Dubai abode sits close to the Mall of the Emirates and a short ride to the famous Jumeirah Beach
- Paradise Island accommodation are Bungalows with direct access to the beach or Water Bungalows with private sun terrace
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Take your pick from 7 exquisite restaurants and 6 lively bars
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
True Maldivian style comes to the fore at Reethi Beach Resort, situated on the tiny Baa Atoll. The PADI 5-star Dive...
Get away from the mundane and enjoy eight days of uninterrupted sun and sand on the shores of one of the most sought...