Accor to manage Mercure Maldives Kooddoo Resort and Pullman Maldives Maamutaa
Accor Asia Pacific will manage two new resorts that are being built in the pristine south of the Maldives in the Gaafu Alifu Atoll. The Mercure Maldives Kooddoo Resort and the Pullman Maldives Maamutaa will open in 2016 and 2018 respectively and will offer five-star facilities and accommodation for holidaymakers.
Pristine Island Investments Pte Ltd has appointed Accor Asia Pacific to manage two brand new resorts in the south of the Maldives.
The Mercure Maldives Kooddoo Resort and the Pullman Maldives Maamutaa are currently under construction in the Gaafu Alifu Atoll in the Maldives, and are scheduled to open in 2016 and 2018 respectively.
Michael Issenberg, the Chairman and CEO for Accor Asia Pacific, explained:
"We are thrilled to announce our first two hotels in the Maldives at a time when the region is enjoying excellent growth, especially with travellers from Asia Pacific.
"The Mercure and Pullman resorts will provide great options for travellers looking for world-class accommodation in the middle of this unspoilt lagoon and we look forward to working with Pristine to bring these exciting projects to fruition."
The Mercure Maldives Kooddoo Resort will have 68 villas including 43 overwater villas and 25 beach villas. The luxury beachfront resort is being built using local materials and the decor will feature bright colours and stylish furnishings that reflect the Maldivian culture.
The resort will be the only property in the Maldives that will be directly accessible via domestic plane, so guest won't need the additional speedboat journey to reach the island.
Facilities at the hotel include a swimming pool and pool bar, a tranquil spa, modern gym, a dive centre with additional water sports, and an all-day gourmet restaurant serving local and international cuisine.
The Pullman Maldives Maamutaa Resort will be a ‘oneisland, one-resort development' and will have 120 overwater and beach villas. The resort is a 10-minute speedboat ride from the newly-opened Kooddoo Airport and is located on the picturesque Maamutaa Island.
The five-star resort will offer upscale modern facilities such as two swimming pools, a sunset bar overlooking the lagoon, a luxury spa, a state-of-the-art fitness centre, a kids club, beach playground, tennis courts, gourmet restaurants, organic gardens, a dive centre, and a water sports centre.
Mr Ronald Leo, the CEO of Pristine Island Investments Pte Ltd, commented:
"The upscale Pullman Maldives Maamutaa Resort and mid-scale Mercure Maldives Kooddoo Resort will be our first two hotel developments in the Maldives and we are pleased to partner with Accor which has a large brand portfolio catering to different market segments and a strong brand presence in Europe and Asia.
"We believe that this partnership, with our collective experience, will create a new and very exciting holiday destination in the Maldives."
Situated in the Indian Ocean, the Maldives is an archipelago spanning nearly 1,200 stunning coral islands, of which 200 are inhabited.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity.
- exclusive rate reduction for our clients
- Enjoy endless activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing and more
- Tickle your taste buds with rich flavours and innovative cuisine that incorporates exotic Thai and Oriental influences
Kick back and relax with plenty on offer to help you along the way at Reethi Beach Resort.
- Only 15% of the island is built upon, with lush vegetation, natural shorelines and stunning landscapes making up the rest
- The Water Sports Centre has all types of water sport covered whilst the Sports Centre on land covers tennis, badminton, squash, gym and table tennis
- Enjoy two fantastic excursions per person per week to Kam Adhoo and Kihadhoo and a Sunset Dhoni Cruise on selected dates
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....