Playa Hotels and Resorts appoints new General Manager for Hyatt Ziva Cancun
Playa Hotels and Resorts have announced the appointment of a new General Manager for Hyatt Ziva Cancun in Mexico. The luxury resort is scheduled to open on the former Dreams Cancun site in November 2015 following a renovation and expansion programme costing $85 million, with Alexandre de Brouwer as the new GM.
Playa Resorts Management has announced that Alexandre de Brouwer will be the General Manager of the new Hyatt Ziva Cancun.
The operational management company of Playa Hotels and Resorts appointed the new GM of the resort's opening in November, 2015, in Cancun, Mexico.
Alex Stadlin, the CEO of Playa Resorts Management, explained:
"Alexandre has done a remarkable job helping us open Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta, which was recognized with AAA's prestigious Four Diamond rating only weeks after its opening in December 2014.
"We are delighted to have him return to his hometown of Cancun and lead the team at this magnificent new resort."
The all-inclusive resort is located on the former Dreams Cancun site and is currently undergoing an extensive refurbishment and expansion programme costing approximately $85 million.
Located at the tip of Punta Cancun surrounded on three sides by the azure ocean, Hyatt Ziva Cancun, will feature unique pyramid-style architecture which was designed by Mexican architect, Roberto Legoretta.
The beachfront resort will be redesigned to create a village-style environment and a bridge will connect the north beach to the south beach.
The 379 guest suites will be located in the Pyramid and Tower buildings and will offer views of the sparkling ocean, decor that reflects the Caribbean, complimentary mini-bars, and spa-style bathrooms. Hyatt Club Suites will be spacious and boast swim-up areas with splash pools as well as Club Premium Service.
An elevated lobby area will offer views of the brand new swimming pools and the Caribbean Sea and a grand staircase will be the main feature which will also become the seating area for the outdoor amphitheatre evening entertainment.
Facilities at the resort include lagoon-style swimming pools with swim-up bars that look out over the sparkling sea, an adult-only swimming pool, a lavish spa and wellness centre, a 24-hour fitness centre, a lounge with pool tables and board games, and six restaurants and six bars and lounges, ranging from French and Italian dining outlets, to sports and cocktail bars and a coffee house.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- The proximity to the "best-preserved Mayan ruins in the Western Hemisphere"
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
Let the Caribbean sunshine make you glow from the inside out when you stay at Cancun's Golden Parnassus resort - a truly luxurious all inclusive retreat where you'll be wanting for nothing.
- Take advantage of the superb facilities and enjoy a range of activities including water sports, mini golf and tennis
- A luxury all inclusive resort offering a relaxing adults-only environment ideal for a pampering beach holiday or romantic honeymoon
- Ideal location set by a beautiful white sand beach in Cancun with sweeping views of the Mexican Caribbean
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Travel from May onwards and enjoy a fantastic upgrade to a Preferred Club Junior Suite Pool View
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
The Riviera Maya, admired for its history and its wondrous sugar-white sands, kaleidoscope of green palm trees,and deep...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
For the ideal combination of natural beauty and fun-filled activities, look no further than Sunscape Sabor Cozumel....
Step into every scuba divers paradise during an 8-day holiday to the beautiful Mexican island of Cozumel, where...
A picturesque city on Mexico's Caribbean Sea coastline, Playa del Carmen is the perfect getaway for both families and...