Playa Hotels and Resorts appoints new General Manager for Hyatt Ziva Cancun
Playa Hotels and Resorts have announced the appointment of a new General Manager for Hyatt Ziva Cancun in Mexico. The luxury resort is scheduled to open on the former Dreams Cancun site in November 2015 following a renovation and expansion programme costing $85 million, with Alexandre de Brouwer as the new GM.
Playa Resorts Management has announced that Alexandre de Brouwer will be the General Manager of the new Hyatt Ziva Cancun.
The operational management company of Playa Hotels and Resorts appointed the new GM of the resort's opening in November, 2015, in Cancun, Mexico.
Alex Stadlin, the CEO of Playa Resorts Management, explained:
"Alexandre has done a remarkable job helping us open Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta, which was recognized with AAA's prestigious Four Diamond rating only weeks after its opening in December 2014.
"We are delighted to have him return to his hometown of Cancun and lead the team at this magnificent new resort."
The all-inclusive resort is located on the former Dreams Cancun site and is currently undergoing an extensive refurbishment and expansion programme costing approximately $85 million.
Located at the tip of Punta Cancun surrounded on three sides by the azure ocean, Hyatt Ziva Cancun, will feature unique pyramid-style architecture which was designed by Mexican architect, Roberto Legoretta.
The beachfront resort will be redesigned to create a village-style environment and a bridge will connect the north beach to the south beach.
The 379 guest suites will be located in the Pyramid and Tower buildings and will offer views of the sparkling ocean, decor that reflects the Caribbean, complimentary mini-bars, and spa-style bathrooms. Hyatt Club Suites will be spacious and boast swim-up areas with splash pools as well as Club Premium Service.
An elevated lobby area will offer views of the brand new swimming pools and the Caribbean Sea and a grand staircase will be the main feature which will also become the seating area for the outdoor amphitheatre evening entertainment.
Facilities at the resort include lagoon-style swimming pools with swim-up bars that look out over the sparkling sea, an adult-only swimming pool, a lavish spa and wellness centre, a 24-hour fitness centre, a lounge with pool tables and board games, and six restaurants and six bars and lounges, ranging from French and Italian dining outlets, to sports and cocktail bars and a coffee house.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Boutique-style guestrooms with ocean views and luxury amenities
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine unique restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a pristine white sand beach
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults-only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...