Sandals Ochi Beach Resort in Jamaica reopens with Gala Celebration
After a multi-million dollar renovation programme, Sandals Ochi Beach Resort in Jamaica has reopened with a gala celebration. The luxury all inclusive resort hosted a ceremony that was attended by government officials, the Chairman of Sandals Gordon 'Butch' Stewart, and singers and dancers for entertainment.
Sandals Ochi Beach Resort in the Caribbean reopened last week, following an extensive renovation programme.
The resort in Jamaica hosted a gala celebration that was attended by Sandals Resorts International Chairman Gordon 'Butch' Stewart and the island's government tourism officials.
Entertainment at the luxury all inclusive resort was provided by carnival dancers, a fireworks display, music by DJ Tracy Young and a performance by the Jamaican-born American reggae singer Shaggy.
Talking to the press Mr Stewart commented at the grand reopening:
"We are thrilled to share the new Sandals Ochi Beach Resort with you. What we've accomplished here is a game changer for the all-inclusive resort experience in Jamaica, solidifying Sandals Ochi as Jamaica's most comprehensive resort in the region.
"We're leading the next generation of resorts in Jamaica, and while others may try to follow, we will continue to do what we do best: exceed guest expectations."
Sandals Ochi Beach Resort is situated on 100 acres of tropical land in Ocho Rios on the north coast of Jamaica. The resort has 529 guest rooms and suites and an array of facilities including 16 restaurants serving international cuisine, two Red Lane Spas, several swimming pools, cocktails bars and stylish lounges, a fitness centre, and a championship golf course.
Mr Simpson Miller, the Prime Minster of Jamaica, explained:
"Sandals' story is a well-known one in these parts and most of us here in Jamaica and throughout the region have watched with interest as Sandals has embarked on a meteoric rise to becoming one most well-known brands in the world.
"[They] are dedicated to investing in their product and their people, our people, and it has propelled them onto a different level."
Jamaica is an island nation located in the Caribbean Sea and it is one of the world's leading tourist destinations, with white sand beaches fringed with warm azure ocean waters, majestic mountains, and lush undulating emerald hills and forests. Popular natural attractions include Dunn's River Falls in Ocho Rios, the five-mile-long Doctor's Cave Beach in Montego Bay, and the soaring Blue Mountains.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
- Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence
- Rooms with stunning views of the caribbean
Enjoy the affordable Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay with a fantastic location
- Summer 2018 Sale now on, save £250 per person
- Two Children, 12 years of age and younger stay and eat free of charge
- Choose thrilling water sports while your kids enjoy the Children's activity centre
- Enjoy buffet or a la carte meals as part of the All Inclusive concept at five on-site restaurants
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth at Mangos Jamaica
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Located on Trelawny Bay and its beautiful beach
Luxury and romance at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
- After booking a minimum of a 3 night stay, guests will receive a welcome bottle of sparkling wine & fresh fruit, one mimosa breakfast in bed to be booked upon arrival and romantic turndown service one night during stay
- Catamaran for the exclusive use by Secrets Resorts & Spas guests
- World-class Spa by Pevonia®
- Exclusively situated on Montego Bay’s breathtaking Peninsula, surrounded by the Caribbean Sea
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
Holiday Inn Resort offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical gardens. The resort has a...
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights. Located on the white sand beaches of...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Treat yourself to a week in the island of sun, tropical beauty and reggae music. Your place of retreat will be the place...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...