Sandals Ochi Beach Resort in Jamaica reopens with Gala Celebration
After a multi-million dollar renovation programme, Sandals Ochi Beach Resort in Jamaica has reopened with a gala celebration. The luxury all inclusive resort hosted a ceremony that was attended by government officials, the Chairman of Sandals Gordon 'Butch' Stewart, and singers and dancers for entertainment.
Sandals Ochi Beach Resort in the Caribbean reopened last week, following an extensive renovation programme.
The resort in Jamaica hosted a gala celebration that was attended by Sandals Resorts International Chairman Gordon 'Butch' Stewart and the island's government tourism officials.
Entertainment at the luxury all inclusive resort was provided by carnival dancers, a fireworks display, music by DJ Tracy Young and a performance by the Jamaican-born American reggae singer Shaggy.
Talking to the press Mr Stewart commented at the grand reopening:
"We are thrilled to share the new Sandals Ochi Beach Resort with you. What we've accomplished here is a game changer for the all-inclusive resort experience in Jamaica, solidifying Sandals Ochi as Jamaica's most comprehensive resort in the region.
"We're leading the next generation of resorts in Jamaica, and while others may try to follow, we will continue to do what we do best: exceed guest expectations."
Sandals Ochi Beach Resort is situated on 100 acres of tropical land in Ocho Rios on the north coast of Jamaica. The resort has 529 guest rooms and suites and an array of facilities including 16 restaurants serving international cuisine, two Red Lane Spas, several swimming pools, cocktails bars and stylish lounges, a fitness centre, and a championship golf course.
Mr Simpson Miller, the Prime Minster of Jamaica, explained:
"Sandals' story is a well-known one in these parts and most of us here in Jamaica and throughout the region have watched with interest as Sandals has embarked on a meteoric rise to becoming one most well-known brands in the world.
"[They] are dedicated to investing in their product and their people, our people, and it has propelled them onto a different level."
Jamaica is an island nation located in the Caribbean Sea and it is one of the world's leading tourist destinations, with white sand beaches fringed with warm azure ocean waters, majestic mountains, and lush undulating emerald hills and forests. Popular natural attractions include Dunn's River Falls in Ocho Rios, the five-mile-long Doctor's Cave Beach in Montego Bay, and the soaring Blue Mountains.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- Indulge in a spa treatment or play a round of golf at Cinnamon Hill Golf Course
- Book and save over £500 per family with discounted rates for 2017 and 2018 and up to 2 Kids stay FREE
- Bask on the 2,500 foot private beach or enjoy Sugar Mill Falls park - The biggest aquatic park in the Caribbean
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills
Enjoy the priviliges of bygone days at secrets st. james montego bay, an Adults Only Romantic resort with Unlimited-Luxury Privileges
- Enjoy huge savings on this amazing hotel including 'Live It Up' for travel in 2018 slashing higher room category prices
- Relax & Unwind at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia or watch a live show at the open-air theatre
- Indulge in a host of international cuisine, or dine in with 24-hr room service
- Enjoy a range of activities including sailing, snorkelling, windsurfing and tennis
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Immerse yourself in a vareity of complimentary activities, excursions and spa treatments
- Relish complimentary perks including a bottle of red wine upon arrival, spa treatments, tours, activities and much more
- Kids Stay, Play and Eat free!
- Incredible resort credit upto $2500 FREE to be used to swim with dolphins, upgrade your wine, spa treatments and much more!
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights. Located on the white sand beaches of...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
An exclusive, romantic Jamaican holiday awaits you at the Secrets St. James Montego Bay on a secluded beach with a...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...