Sandals Ochi Beach Resort in Jamaica reopens with Gala Celebration
After a multi-million dollar renovation programme, Sandals Ochi Beach Resort in Jamaica has reopened with a gala celebration. The luxury all inclusive resort hosted a ceremony that was attended by government officials, the Chairman of Sandals Gordon 'Butch' Stewart, and singers and dancers for entertainment.
Sandals Ochi Beach Resort in the Caribbean reopened last week, following an extensive renovation programme.
The resort in Jamaica hosted a gala celebration that was attended by Sandals Resorts International Chairman Gordon 'Butch' Stewart and the island's government tourism officials.
Entertainment at the luxury all inclusive resort was provided by carnival dancers, a fireworks display, music by DJ Tracy Young and a performance by the Jamaican-born American reggae singer Shaggy.
Talking to the press Mr Stewart commented at the grand reopening:
"We are thrilled to share the new Sandals Ochi Beach Resort with you. What we've accomplished here is a game changer for the all-inclusive resort experience in Jamaica, solidifying Sandals Ochi as Jamaica's most comprehensive resort in the region.
"We're leading the next generation of resorts in Jamaica, and while others may try to follow, we will continue to do what we do best: exceed guest expectations."
Sandals Ochi Beach Resort is situated on 100 acres of tropical land in Ocho Rios on the north coast of Jamaica. The resort has 529 guest rooms and suites and an array of facilities including 16 restaurants serving international cuisine, two Red Lane Spas, several swimming pools, cocktails bars and stylish lounges, a fitness centre, and a championship golf course.
Mr Simpson Miller, the Prime Minster of Jamaica, explained:
"Sandals' story is a well-known one in these parts and most of us here in Jamaica and throughout the region have watched with interest as Sandals has embarked on a meteoric rise to becoming one most well-known brands in the world.
"[They] are dedicated to investing in their product and their people, our people, and it has propelled them onto a different level."
Jamaica is an island nation located in the Caribbean Sea and it is one of the world's leading tourist destinations, with white sand beaches fringed with warm azure ocean waters, majestic mountains, and lush undulating emerald hills and forests. Popular natural attractions include Dunn's River Falls in Ocho Rios, the five-mile-long Doctor's Cave Beach in Montego Bay, and the soaring Blue Mountains.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- Metro Offer: Book and Save upto £100 per person!
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
- Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence
- Rooms with stunning views of the caribbean
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- The Montego Bay Marine Park location offers protected swimming areas and extraordinary snorkelling
- Summer just got better with upto two kids stay and play for FREE!
- Enjoy 24-hour access to food and beverage
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth at Mangos Jamaica
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Located within 15 minutes from Sangster's International Airport and 5 minutes from three world-class golf courses
- Enjoy Exclusive April Offers with incredible savings
- A variety of water sports or leave your daily stress behind and relax with the magical spa services
- Luxury accommodations combined with breathtaking ocean views
- A wide selection of restaurants with international gourmet buffet, where you can enjoy a variety of cuisine from breakfast pastries to classic Jamaican fare
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a postcard made real. It is one of Jamaica's premier resorts, covered in fine white sands and...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Nestled upon a stunning beach The Rondel Village Hotel is within close proximity to the entertainment and activities...
Located in New Kingston, the Knutsford Court Hotel offers a laidback atmosphere within a beautiful tropical setting....