Hard Rock resort to open on Antigua's new free trade island
Hard Rock will open its first eastern Caribbean resort and casino as part of Antigua and Barbuda's new Guiana Island development. The five-star hotel will feature 300 beachfront rooms, a signature Hard Rock Cafe and a salt and fresh water park, all planned to open in 2017.
Hard Rock Hotels has announced plans to build a new resort in the eastern Caribbean that will include a casino, an iconic Hard Rock Cafe and a water park. The five-star resort will be situated on Antigua and Barbuda's Guiana Island, which was recently purchased by Chinese firm Yida International to become Antigua's first special economic zone.
The new Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Antigua will be the first of its kind in the eastern Caribbean and is slated to open in 2017. It will have around 300 luxury rooms and suites facing onto a white sandy beach. The music-themed resort will feature its signature amenities such as a Hard Rock Cafe complete with iconic rock and pop memorabilia, a Hard Rock Live concert venue that will host live music and other events, and a Rock Shop showcasing the brand's sought-after merchandise.
As part of the new resort, there will be a first-of-its-kind salt and fresh water park geared towards families, as well as numerous swimming pools spread across the grounds. Other facilities include the Body Rock indoor and outdoor fitness facility for those who like to keep in shape when they travel. The Hard Rock brand prides itself on offering world-class entertainment, stylish design and top-quality service.
"We look forward to bringing Hard Rock's iconic music, food and beverage, retail, entertainment and spirit to the project for the enjoyment of the residents and visitors to this twin-island country..."
Said Yida International's chairman Yida Zhang.
Antigua's new special economic zone, which will be owned and run by Yida International, covers Guiana Island and a wider area of five islets that includes three peninsulas and an area of around 1,600 acres. The development includes more than 10 miles of white sandy beaches and oceanfront land that will be divided between hotels, private villas and businesses. There will also be a 27-hole golf course and a marina. It is designed to attract foreign investment through relaxed trade laws that fall outside of Antigua and Barbuda's national policy.
Yida's vice president, Kenneth Kwok, said that the project will be both a tourism mecca and a major manufacturing and financial centre. Within the economic zone, the developers will create 16-sub-zones where they will invite Chinese companies to set up manufacturing entities for export throughout the Caribbean, Central America and South America.
The multi-million pound project, which broke ground this month, follows the Baha Mar as the region's largest development to date.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Antigua Browse all
Relax in the surroundings of lush green gardens and the incredible mile long white sand beach of Antigua's established 'fun for all' hotel, Jolly Beach Resort and Spa
- Spoil yourself from a choice of 5 restaurants all serving mouthwatering cuisine
- June Flash Sale! Jolly Big Savings when you big this Month!
- Famed for being positioned on the best Beach on the Island
- Children can enjoy themselves in the Kids club
Relax and unwind on the breathtaking island of Antigua at The Verandah Resort and Spa with
- Antigua's only All-suite, All-inclusive hotel, perfect for couples and families!
- Summer just got better with savings of up to 50% plus a FREE ROOM UPGRADE in selected rooms
- Adjacent to a National Park with nature trails, white sand beaches and tranquil waters!
- Choose from 3 restaurants and 4 bars serving international and local cuisine!
Life doesn't get much better than this relaxing beach resort of secluded coves, freshwater pools and acres of lush tropical gardens.
- Get into the Party Spirit with live entertainment including a Steel Band, Piano Instrumental & a Latin Night
- Enjoy a variety of exciting Water Sports including Snorkelling, Windsurfing, Laser Sailing & More
- Come and Try The Living Retreat at Blue Waters which includes VIP check inn, post flight facial and other treatments
Sandals Grande Antigua Resort and Spa is located on the beautiful beach at Dickenson's Bay and has acres of lush tropical gardens
- Unlimited 5 Star Global Gourmet™ at up to 11 Restaurants, unlimited premium brand drinks and Room service for Butler and Club Level Room types
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort and Spa has a prime location on Dickenson Bay with acres of lush tropical gardens running through the resort
- By night, you can enjoy a wide selection of international cuisine, enjoy a famous Caribbean cocktail, take in a show under the stars or dance the night away to the island rhythms
Treat yourself to the ultimate coastal holiday with eight days at Antigua's postcard-ready Jolly Harbour. This is a...
Visit the Hawksbill Beach by Rex Resorts, a unique Caribbean hideaway, and enjoy the beauty and tranquillity of its...
Go for the ultimate relaxation getaway in unforgettable Antigua with this one-of-a-kind deal to one of the island's most...
Whether you’re after a fun-filled adventure or a sun-kissed, lazy beach retreat, the serene, adults—only Ocean Point...