Accor hotel group continues to expand its Vietnam portfolio
Accor Hotel Group has unveiled its latest Vietnam hotel- the Hotel Royal Hoi An, located along the Thu Bon River. The luxury hotel falls under the umbrella of Accor's MGallery Collection Hotels and has been inspired by a local 16th century love story.
Accor Hotel Group has recently opened the latest of its MGallery Collection hotels in Vietnam. Hotel Royal Hoi An, located along the Thu Bon River offers spectacular views of the city and is a convenient 25 minute drive from the Danang International Airport.
The hotel is said to be inspired by the 16th century love story of Japanese merchant Sotaro Araki and Vietnamese princess Ngoc Hoa who married and relocated to Nagasaki Japan where the princess was well loved and came to be known affectionately as Anio-san.
Hotel Royal Hoi An's General Manager Tangi Le Grand explained that:
"To celebrate this 'romantic journey at the crossroads of cultures', the hotel's theme, names of room types and FandB outlets are based on this timeless story of true love".
Accor is already one of the top hotel group's in Vietnam, boasting the largest presence of any global chain in top Vietnam holiday destinations including the capital city, Hanoi. The group's confidence in Vietnam as a holiday destination comes at a time where the south east Asian destination faces some serious challenges.
Recent figures indicate that the number of holidaymakers booking Vietnam holidays has plummeted; in March officials reported a decline in arrivals for the 10th consecutive month.
Vietnam's woes began with a conflict with a territorial dispute with China last year which triggered anti-China riots in Vietnam resulting in a sharp decline in the number of Chinese visitors to Vietnam. There has also been a reported decline in arrivals from Russia- another key source market for Vietnam. The falling ruble and an economic crisis, sparked by international sanctions against Russia, have meant that fewer Russians are taking luxury holidays Vietnam.
The current climate has however, spurred on the local tourism industry to be more introspective about the adjustments needed to lure holidaymakers from alternative source markets like India with many advocating measures like more simplified and affordable visa application processes as well as improvements to the quality of service and prices.
While Vietnam grapples with its current realities, news of investments from international firms like Accor Group go a long way in reminding the local industry and holidaymakers alike of the value of Vietnam as a destination thanks in large part to its rich culture and history.
"This hotel combines the excellence of its services and individual attention with its historical roots, making every stay a memorable experience.
"This is an ideal accommodation for upscale travellers who enjoy staying in a hotel with a unique story and a distinguished concept."
Stated Patrick Basset, Accor CEO for Thailand, Vietnam, South Korea, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and the Philippines.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Vietnam Browse all
Feel at one with the surroundings at the beautiful Mango Bay Resort
- Mango Bay has been supporting wildlife at risk (WAR) since 2006, and has even discovered many new species on Phu Quoc Island
- Revitalise your mind, body and spirit with Yoga and Tai Chi on the beach
- Snorkel and scuba dive around the nearby islands with Flipper Diving Club and discover the truly stunning and beautiful world underwater
Theme park Excitement for the whole family at vinpearl phu quoc resort and golf
- With over 2000 rare animals representing more than 130 species, Vinpearl Safari is the largest open-range Safari park in Veitnam
- Take advantage of the local tourist markets, where you can test your bartering skills
- Vinpearl Land Phu Quoc, an amazing theme park designed to entertain the whole family
A fantastic value trip, exploring Vietnam's most iconic cities and natural wonders with added downtime to relax on the beach
- English-speaking guides and entrance fees included
- Extend your holiday with a break in Cambodia or on the beaches of Phu Quoc
- Day cruise on Halong Bay with lunch included
Explore the most iconic sites of Indochina during the unforgettable Highlights of Indochina, Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos - Deluxe Tour
You will visit historical sites of Vietnam, discover the heritage of Laos, and explore the beautiful Angkor Complex in Cambodia.
- Tour around Ben Tre River in Vietnam and enjoy a variety of activities, including a visit to any of coconut processing workshops and riding a motocart through rice fields and vegetable plains.
- Watch the sun rise over the blue waters of tranquil Halong Bay, and then cruise through emerald waters of the Gulf of Tonkin.
- Participate in Baci Ceremony, an integral part of the Laos culture, and explore the Luang Prabang Night Market with its handmade textiles and local street food
Exotic and compelling, Vietnam is one of the most remarkable travel destinations in the world. Take in all the classics...
Wander from exciting cities to astonishing scenic beauty via peaceful beaches and the best preserved old towns in...
See all the most iconic sights of Indochina on this trip of a lifetime through Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. Explore the...
The Merperle Sea Sun hotel is set in the heart of the picturesque seaside city, Nha Trang. Surrounded on all three...