AMResorts to launch Sunscape brand in Jamaica
AMResorts has announced that it will launch its first Sunscape Resorts and Spas-branded resort in Jamaica. The hotel group will take over the Sunset Beach Resort, Spa and Water Park, and the Oasis at Sunset in Montego Bay and brand enhancements and upgrades will commence in May while allowing guests to continue enjoying their holidays at the same time.
AMResorts will debut its Sunscape Resorts and Spas brand in Jamaica after it announced it will be taking over the former Sunset Beach Resort, Spa and Water Park, and the Oasis at Sunset resort.
The hotel group will launch the Sunscape brand in Montego Bay in Jamaica when it begins enhancements and upgrades to the resort in May AMResorts and it will officially assume operations of the resort on Aug 1st, 2015 before renaming the property as Sunscape Montego Bay later this year.
Alex Zozaya, the CEO of Apple Leisure Group, owners of AMResorts, explained:
"Introducing another resort brand from our portfolio in Jamaica is a testament to our strong performance record in the country.
"Apple Leisure Group brings two out of every 10 U.S. guests to the Caribbean, and Jamaica is one of the most popular destinations in the region with more than 2 million visitors in 2014. The addition of Sunscape Montego Bay allows us to further contribute to the country's continued tourism growth."
The luxury resort has 430 guest rooms and suites across two 10-story towers that offer stunning views of the bay.
Facilities at Sunscape Montego Bay include an aquatic park, an on-site casino, an Explorer's Club for children, a world class spa with a wide range of pampering treatments, and a la carte restaurants with gourmet international cuisine.
Javier Coll, the Executive Vice President and Chief Strategy Officer of the Apple Leisure Group, also commented:
"While our adults-only resorts in Jamaica have been very successful, there was an increased desire from owners and guests alike for family-friendly, premium all-inclusive options in the country's most popular destinations, like Montego Bay."
Situated 15 minutes from Sangster International Airport (MBJ) on a private, white sand beach in Montego Bay, Sunscape Montego Bay sits next its sister AMResorts' properties, Secrets St. James Montego Bay and Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay.
The Sunscape Resorts and Spas brand is designed for families, friends, singles and couples, and the four-star Sunscape Montego Bay will be its fourth resort.
Montego Bay is a city located on the north coast of the tropical island of Jamaica in the Caribbean. Holidaymakers can enjoy beautiful white sand beaches, luxury all inclusive beachfront hotels and resorts, sparkling aqua lagoons, bustling local craft markets and shops in the town centre, and historic sites and attractions.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Discover everything the ‘Island of the Gods’ has to offer with a stay in the buzzing Seminyak area
- Restore your inner balance at Taum Spa or take a surfing lesson
- Incredible value upgrades to private pool rooms
- Complimentary shuttle to town centre and Petitenget Beach
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...