The Manatus Hotel in Tortuguero, Costa Rica offers special hotel package for May and June
Tortuguero is one of the best loved eco friendly holiday destinations in Costa Rica thanks to its rich eco system and a long standing commitment to sustainability. The Manatus Hotel is offering guests a budget friendly way Tortuguero holiday package with one extra night for free on any 3 night stays booked for May or June.
The Manatus Hotel nestled in Costa Rica's Tortuguero has announced a special hotel package for holidaymakers booking a stay their hotel in May and June 2015. International travellers booking a two night/ three day stay at The Manatus Hotel in May and June will be upgraded to a 3 nights/4 days stay, receiving one extra nigh for free.
Domestic holidaymakers can also save money on their Tortuguero holidays but will instead receive a 30 per cent discount on their May or June stays at The Manatus Hotel.
The Manatus Hotel, thanks to its ideal location, has earned a reputation as one of the best hotels to book eco friendly holidays in Costa Rica. The hotel has been awarded the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence and has recently received level 3 certification from Rainforest Alliance in recognition of its eco friendly policies including its efforts to:
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Conserve water and electricity
- Control its wastewaters
- Ensure the protection of the local flora and fauna
- Conserve of the natural areas surrounding the hotel
- Promote the development of the local economy
At the time of Manatus receiving the highest level of certification granted by Rainforest Alliance, Roberto Sanso owner of Manatus stated:
"It's really important to know that we are on track, much remains to be done but the certification gives us the guidance to continue working on the same route and reach our goals.
"Our national and international partners can be confident that our product meets with sustainable standards and principles".
Sustainability is at the very heart Tortuguero thanks to its rich eco system with a unique mix of rainforests, mangrove forests, swamps, beaches and lagoons not to mention the fact that each year visitors have the unique chance to see the giant leather back turtles come to shore to lay their eggs and witness the young hatchlings make their dash towards the water.
Recently a group of 23 local business owners banned together to form the Tortuguero Regional Tourism Chamber (CATUTOR). The newly formed chamber aims to bridge the gap between the local tourism industry and the Tortuguero Conservation Area, addressing issues such as sustainability certification and sea turtle protection. Approximately 100,000 travellers visit Tortuguero annually and the Tortuguero National Park- the fourth most visited protected area in Costa Rica.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Go for the thrills and spills of a naturally rich Central American nation, packed with unforgettable adventures and unique encounters.
- Elegant and comfortable accommodations with quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience
- Includes a guided hiking tour through the rainforest with a lot of insight about flora, fauna and the volcano's history
- Learn more about Costa Rica with unique experience of the guided hiking tour, Arenal Volcano National Park Nature Walk, Doka Coffee Tour and much more to explore Edit
You are sure to marvel at nature's treasures in Costa Rica, a paradise of lush forests, crystal coves, fine-sand beaches and exotic wildlife
- Marvel at Costa Rica's array of stunning settings, including forests, volcanic cliffs, beaches.
- Try snorkelling, kayaking, tennis, bocce ball, chess, access to a scuba clinic & more
- Relish unlimited Costa Rican and world cuisines in 4 and restaurants and 4 bars
Admire Costa Rica's cloud rainforest, climb a volcano, explore verdant grounds on a coffee plantation and relax on a beautiful beach at the end of it all
- Enjoy a coffee tour, witness an active volcano and bathe on the Pacific coast
- Experience Arenal Volcano with its rich fauna and flora
- Relax and enjoy a beach retreat at Guanacaste after your amazing tour
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife, it's an...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
Embrace the rich diversity of Costa Rica and open your doors to new experiences as you venture to San Jose for a...
âââCosta Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife -...
Overview Costa Ricans will all agree that the Caribbean side of the country has a culture of its own. Coconut in every...