The Manatus Hotel in Tortuguero, Costa Rica offers special hotel package for May and June
Tortuguero is one of the best loved eco friendly holiday destinations in Costa Rica thanks to its rich eco system and a long standing commitment to sustainability. The Manatus Hotel is offering guests a budget friendly way Tortuguero holiday package with one extra night for free on any 3 night stays booked for May or June.
The Manatus Hotel nestled in Costa Rica's Tortuguero has announced a special hotel package for holidaymakers booking a stay their hotel in May and June 2015. International travellers booking a two night/ three day stay at The Manatus Hotel in May and June will be upgraded to a 3 nights/4 days stay, receiving one extra nigh for free.
Domestic holidaymakers can also save money on their Tortuguero holidays but will instead receive a 30 per cent discount on their May or June stays at The Manatus Hotel.
The Manatus Hotel, thanks to its ideal location, has earned a reputation as one of the best hotels to book eco friendly holidays in Costa Rica. The hotel has been awarded the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence and has recently received level 3 certification from Rainforest Alliance in recognition of its eco friendly policies including its efforts to:
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Conserve water and electricity
- Control its wastewaters
- Ensure the protection of the local flora and fauna
- Conserve of the natural areas surrounding the hotel
- Promote the development of the local economy
At the time of Manatus receiving the highest level of certification granted by Rainforest Alliance, Roberto Sanso owner of Manatus stated:
"It's really important to know that we are on track, much remains to be done but the certification gives us the guidance to continue working on the same route and reach our goals.
"Our national and international partners can be confident that our product meets with sustainable standards and principles".
Sustainability is at the very heart Tortuguero thanks to its rich eco system with a unique mix of rainforests, mangrove forests, swamps, beaches and lagoons not to mention the fact that each year visitors have the unique chance to see the giant leather back turtles come to shore to lay their eggs and witness the young hatchlings make their dash towards the water.
Recently a group of 23 local business owners banned together to form the Tortuguero Regional Tourism Chamber (CATUTOR). The newly formed chamber aims to bridge the gap between the local tourism industry and the Tortuguero Conservation Area, addressing issues such as sustainability certification and sea turtle protection. Approximately 100,000 travellers visit Tortuguero annually and the Tortuguero National Park- the fourth most visited protected area in Costa Rica.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
You are sure to marvel at nature's treasures in Costa Rica, a paradise of lush forests, crystal coves, fine-sand beaches and exotic wildlife
- Marvel at Costa Rica's array of stunning settings, including forests, volcanic cliffs, beaches.
- Try snorkelling, kayaking, tennis, bocce ball, chess, access to a scuba clinic & more
- Relish unlimited Costa Rican and world cuisines in 4 and restaurants and 4 bars
The perfect combination of culture, history and nature with some added downtime at the end to enjoy one of the world's best beaches
- Relax at the hot springs and mud baths, and try your hand at zip lining, horseback riding or river tubing.
- Visit the country's famous shoreline, cloud rainforests, volcano and the charming capital of San Jose
- Tour includes: San Jose City Tour, Sky Walk on Hanging Bridges, Buena Vista hot springs and mud baths, nature walk to La Pava and Salitral Waterfalls, horseback riding and more
The perfect combination of Costa Rican culture and nature with added time for beach relaxation
- Enjoy a tour with perfect balance of adventure, culture and relaxation sure to make for a holiday to remember
- Thrills include river-rafting and a guided walk through hanging bridges
- A relaxing beach at the end stay rounds up the experience offering a chance to recharge batteries
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife, it's an...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
The best holiday experience awaits for you at Palma Real Hotel & Casino in Costa Rica. Located just 5 minutes away from...
Country Inns & Suites in San Jose is located in the middle of everything, close to the shopping and attractions of the...
Located just a short walk from the city's main avenue and downtown, Park Inn by Radisson is a perfect base for exploring...