The Manatus Hotel in Tortuguero, Costa Rica offers special hotel package for May and June
Tortuguero is one of the best loved eco friendly holiday destinations in Costa Rica thanks to its rich eco system and a long standing commitment to sustainability. The Manatus Hotel is offering guests a budget friendly way Tortuguero holiday package with one extra night for free on any 3 night stays booked for May or June.
The Manatus Hotel nestled in Costa Rica's Tortuguero has announced a special hotel package for holidaymakers booking a stay their hotel in May and June 2015. International travellers booking a two night/ three day stay at The Manatus Hotel in May and June will be upgraded to a 3 nights/4 days stay, receiving one extra nigh for free.
Domestic holidaymakers can also save money on their Tortuguero holidays but will instead receive a 30 per cent discount on their May or June stays at The Manatus Hotel.
The Manatus Hotel, thanks to its ideal location, has earned a reputation as one of the best hotels to book eco friendly holidays in Costa Rica. The hotel has been awarded the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence and has recently received level 3 certification from Rainforest Alliance in recognition of its eco friendly policies including its efforts to:
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Conserve water and electricity
- Control its wastewaters
- Ensure the protection of the local flora and fauna
- Conserve of the natural areas surrounding the hotel
- Promote the development of the local economy
At the time of Manatus receiving the highest level of certification granted by Rainforest Alliance, Roberto Sanso owner of Manatus stated:
"It's really important to know that we are on track, much remains to be done but the certification gives us the guidance to continue working on the same route and reach our goals.
"Our national and international partners can be confident that our product meets with sustainable standards and principles".
Sustainability is at the very heart Tortuguero thanks to its rich eco system with a unique mix of rainforests, mangrove forests, swamps, beaches and lagoons not to mention the fact that each year visitors have the unique chance to see the giant leather back turtles come to shore to lay their eggs and witness the young hatchlings make their dash towards the water.
Recently a group of 23 local business owners banned together to form the Tortuguero Regional Tourism Chamber (CATUTOR). The newly formed chamber aims to bridge the gap between the local tourism industry and the Tortuguero Conservation Area, addressing issues such as sustainability certification and sea turtle protection. Approximately 100,000 travellers visit Tortuguero annually and the Tortuguero National Park- the fourth most visited protected area in Costa Rica.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
You are sure to marvel at nature's treasures in Costa Rica, a paradise of lush forests, crystal coves, fine-sand beaches and exotic wildlife
- Marvel at Costa Rica's array of stunning settings, including forests, volcanic cliffs, beaches.
- Try snorkelling, kayaking, tennis, bocce ball, chess, access to a scuba clinic & more
- Relish unlimited Costa Rican and world cuisines in 4 and restaurants and 4 bars
Go for the thrills and spills of a naturally rich Central American nation, packed with unforgettable adventures and unique encounters.
- Elegant and comfortable accommodations with quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience
- Learn more about Costa Rica with unique experience of the guided hiking tour, Arenal Volcano National Park Nature Walk, Doka Coffee Tour and much more to explore
- Includes a guided hiking tour through the rainforest with a lot of insight about flora, fauna and the volcano's history
Explore the peaceful oasis that is Costa Rica and enjoy various activities that make for an unforgettable holiday
- A journey of discovery to an eco -tourist dream destination
- This unique experience of canopy walkways allows you to experience the virgin cloud forest treetops. Through a bridge system you can marvel at the world's most amazing and beautiful flora and fauna
- San Jose, Arenal, and the conservation project in Monteverde
Surrounding the resort is an up-and-coming surf community, which offers guests with a variety of exciting tours and excursions
- Book in any Preferred Club Room and receive the Free to Explore package including a Nicaragua Tour and Much more
- Spoil yourself with Unlimited-Luxury, where everything is included such as: gourmet dining options, limitless top-shelf spirits, 24-hour room service and much more
- Both kids and teens can mingle at our Explorers Club for kids and Core Zone for teens, while adults can relax by the poolside, enjoy a romantic dinner by the beach or unwind at Dreams Spa by Pevonia.
- Perfect location to enjoy nature at its finest
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife, it's an...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
The best holiday experience awaits for you at Palma Real Hotel & Casino in Costa Rica. Located just 5 minutes away from...
Country Inns & Suites in San Jose is located in the middle of everything, close to the shopping and attractions of the...
Located just a short walk from the city's main avenue and downtown, Park Inn by Radisson is a perfect base for exploring...