Sugar Beach in St Lucia partners with Schiller Bikes to provide unique water bikes
Sugar Beach resort in St Lucia will be offering a unique activity for its guests with the arrival of Schiller Bikes in July. The resort is the first in the world to offer the S1, a premium hybrid bike/catamaran that is 100 per cent human-powered and enable guests to pedal off in the turquoise waters above the tropical marine life.
Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort will become the first resort in the world to partner with Schiller Bikes to offer a unique method of transport for its guests.
The resort in St Lucia will feature the S1, a hybrid of a premium bike and a catamaran that is 100 per cent human powered.
Schiller Bikes were created by marketing CEO-turned inventor, Judah Schiller, who in became the first person to ever bike across the San Francisco Bay and Hudson River in 2013.
The luxury beachfront resort will provide a special carbon fibre edition of the S1 that can be safely used on open water, allowing holidaymakers to pedal out and explore the turquoise ocean waters while watching the tropical marine life below.
"We're delighted to be the first hotel in the world to offer these innovative bikes,” stated Andre Boersma, the General Manager of Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort.
“We strive to offer the best guest experiences, and the new bikes will allow our guests to explore Anse des Pitons and the Caribbean sea in an unprecedented way; We invite them to try the Schiller Bike experience here first, in our beautiful setting between the Pitons."
Schiller Bikes will be available at Sugar Beach from 1st July, 2015 and the resort will offer instructed on-the-water spin classes, as well as bike hire.
“We are thrilled to send our first S1 bikes to Sugar Beach," added Judah Schiller, the Founder & CEO.
"This is an exciting opportunity and we look forward to enhancing an unforgettable guest experience."
The Sugar Beach Resort is located on the west coast of St Lucia and is an ideal venue for Caribbean escapes. The property’s 18th Century colonial style architecture and lavish accommodation and facilities provide a memorable experience for loved-up couples. The resort’s upscale facilities include the upscale Rainforest Spa, a full PADI dive facility, waterfront dining with a selection of gourmet cuisine, and elegant bars and lounges.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Treat yourself to the ultimate Caribbean getaway staying on the stunning beachfront of Reduit Beach, right at the centre of everything and close to the lively strip of Rodney Bay.
- Take advantage of the on-site facilities including a spa, fitness centre and beauty salon
- Located on Reduit Beach, known for its island setting and breathtaking views
- Complimentary Hi-Speed internet access in rooms and free Wi-Fi in all public areas including the beach
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Save up to a fantastic 58%!! and the 1st Child STAYS FREE
- Please note hotel is closed for renovations on 1st-30th September 17
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
Enjoy your stay in St Lucia's only resort with the iconic view of both Pitons mountains as they rise in splendour from the azure Caribbean Sea
- St. Lucia's only resort with the iconic view of both the Piti & Gros Piton mountains floating upon the Caribbean Sea
- A private estate of 600 lush tropical acres bordering two soft-sand Caribbean beaches with unspoiled coral reefs just offshore
- Perfect resort for travelling divers - PADI Dive Center available
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Exclusive offer: Massive Savings of upto £750 per person!
- Recently refurbished, including the addition of a new "toes in the sand" restaurant
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Find peace and quiet as you enjoy the astounding natural beauty which surrounds the Marigot Bay hotel during an 8-day...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Burrowed upon Rodney Bay, The All-inclusive Rex Papillion Hotel offers direct access to the pristine white sands of...