Sugar Beach in St Lucia partners with Schiller Bikes to provide unique water bikes
Sugar Beach resort in St Lucia will be offering a unique activity for its guests with the arrival of Schiller Bikes in July. The resort is the first in the world to offer the S1, a premium hybrid bike/catamaran that is 100 per cent human-powered and enable guests to pedal off in the turquoise waters above the tropical marine life.
Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort will become the first resort in the world to partner with Schiller Bikes to offer a unique method of transport for its guests.
The resort in St Lucia will feature the S1, a hybrid of a premium bike and a catamaran that is 100 per cent human powered.
Schiller Bikes were created by marketing CEO-turned inventor, Judah Schiller, who in became the first person to ever bike across the San Francisco Bay and Hudson River in 2013.
The luxury beachfront resort will provide a special carbon fibre edition of the S1 that can be safely used on open water, allowing holidaymakers to pedal out and explore the turquoise ocean waters while watching the tropical marine life below.
"We're delighted to be the first hotel in the world to offer these innovative bikes,” stated Andre Boersma, the General Manager of Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort.
“We strive to offer the best guest experiences, and the new bikes will allow our guests to explore Anse des Pitons and the Caribbean sea in an unprecedented way; We invite them to try the Schiller Bike experience here first, in our beautiful setting between the Pitons."
Schiller Bikes will be available at Sugar Beach from 1st July, 2015 and the resort will offer instructed on-the-water spin classes, as well as bike hire.
“We are thrilled to send our first S1 bikes to Sugar Beach," added Judah Schiller, the Founder & CEO.
"This is an exciting opportunity and we look forward to enhancing an unforgettable guest experience."
The Sugar Beach Resort is located on the west coast of St Lucia and is an ideal venue for Caribbean escapes. The property’s 18th Century colonial style architecture and lavish accommodation and facilities provide a memorable experience for loved-up couples. The resort’s upscale facilities include the upscale Rainforest Spa, a full PADI dive facility, waterfront dining with a selection of gourmet cuisine, and elegant bars and lounges.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway in the stunningly secluded Choc Bay.
- Winter Sale: Save £900 in a upgraded Honeymoon Hideaway Luxury Poolside Room
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant and enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals La Toc
- Get unlimited scuba diving fully included as part of your experience!
Guests will be delighted by this couples only resort, set on an expansive stretch of the golden sandy beach
- Book a standard coach transfer and get a FREE Upgrade to a Private Transfer - Must book before 25th October 2016
- The resort offers a refined yet fun atmosphere and a superb range of dining options and leisure facilities
- The red lane spa offers exclusive services ideal for relaxation and rejuvenation
- Enjoy a round of golf at the 9 hole golf course, laze by the pool, try the range of water sports or dance the night away at the nightclub
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Exclusive offer: Massive Savings of upto £750 per person!
- Recently refurbished, including the addition of a new "toes in the sand" restaurant
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...