Six new luxury Vietnam hotels to boost number of rooms in Nha Trang
According to the latest research from Savills Vietnam, six new luxury Vietnam hotels will be launched in Nha Trang, the capital of the Khanh Hoa Province. The development of these properties comes following the launch of 3 luxury hotels in the city in 2014. With this influx of new luxury accommodation, Nha Trang, and by extension the Khanh Hoa Province, is cementing its position as one of the most successful holiday destinations in Vietnam.
A recent survey conducted by the Vietnam arm of property services provider Savills indicates that Nha Trang the capital of the Khanh Hoa Province is about to experience a considerable boost in its number of luxury hotel rooms in the coming months. According to the Savills survey, six new luxury Vietnam hotels will be built in Nha Trang this year, and with the launch of these four and five star hotels, 3200 rooms will be added to the resort city.
In 2014, two four star and one five star hotel were launched bringing the total number of rooms in the city to over 4000. With the six additional properties expected to launch this year, Nha Trang is fast becoming one of the top holiday destinations for luxury Vietnam holidays. The Khanh Hoa Province attracted as many as 850 000 international visitors last year representing a 18 per cent growth in arrivals year-on-year, this in addition to 2.8 million domestic visitors resulted in the Province generating over 279 million UDS in revenue.
While things are looking up for tourism in Khanh Hoa with the influx of investment in developing luxury Vietnam hotels in the province, there have been concerns raised in recent weeks about the overall development of Vietnam’s tourism sector. Initial figures for the first two months of 2015 reflect a 10.6 per cent decline in arrivals to Vietnam when compared to the same period in 2014.
Some local industry insiders have expressed the view that the slowdown in arrivals is due to the fact that Vietnam’s tourism product is too outdated to compete with its regional peers like Thailand where new attractions are added each year. Others have stated that it is simply a case of inadequate marketing with international travellers unaware of all that Vietnam has to offer.
Whatever the cause, many are hoping that current efforts to market Vietnam to key international source markets will increase awareness of Vietnam as a top holiday destination in Southeast Asia and ultimately drive an increase in arrivals and for 2015.
The Vietnam National Administration of Tourism (VNAT) has launched its National Tourism Promotion Programme for this year, and under the scope of the Programme, VNAT has sent delegations to tourism fairs in destinations like Germany and Iran. Vietnam representatives will also attend fairs in Sweden and India in an effort to attract more arrivals from Europe and India respectively.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Vietnam Browse all
The less touristy Da Nang is bursting with attractions and rich in a culture that every traveller will fall in love. Discover it for yourself at this luxury 5* resort
- Thrill seekers will love the dedicated Water Sport House on the beach including banana boats, jet skis and surfing
- Premier golf courses a matter of minutes away from the resort
- Choose from 4 restaurants and 2 bars on site, all specialising in different cuisines but all just as excellent
A fantastic value trip, exploring Vietnam's most iconic cities and natural wonders with added downtime to relax on the beach
- English-speaking guides and entrance fees included
- Extend your holiday with a break in Cambodia or on the beaches of Phu Quoc
- Day cruise on Halong Bay with lunch included
Experience all the natural beauty and cultural variety of Vietnam on a deluxe tour
- Five-star hotels throughout
- Overnight Halong Bay cruise on a traditionally designed junk boat with meals included
- Time to relax on the stunning beaches of central Vietnam
Explore the most iconic sites of Indochina during the unforgettable Highlights of Indochina, Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos - Deluxe Tour
You will visit historical sites of Vietnam, discover the heritage of Laos, and explore the beautiful Angkor Complex in Cambodia.
- Tour around Ben Tre River in Vietnam and enjoy a variety of activities, including a visit to any of coconut processing workshops and riding a motocart through rice fields and vegetable plains.
- Watch the sun rise over the blue waters of tranquil Halong Bay, and then cruise through emerald waters of the Gulf of Tonkin.
- Participate in Baci Ceremony, an integral part of the Laos culture, and explore the Luang Prabang Night Market with its handmade textiles and local street food
Exotic and compelling, Vietnam is one of the most remarkable travel destinations in the world. Take in all the classics...
Wander from exciting cities to astonishing scenic beauty via peaceful beaches and the best preserved old towns in...
See all the most iconic sights of Indochina on this trip of a lifetime through Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. Explore the...
Discover some of the most amazing and iconic sights in the world on this simply stunning trip through Vietnam, Cambodia...
Discover the beauty of a superb Sandy Beach Non Nuoc Resort Danang, located by the pristine stretch of beach and...
The Merperle Sea Sun hotel is set in the heart of the picturesque seaside city, Nha Trang. Surrounded on all three...