Centara Hotels & Resorts set to launch second hotel in Phu Quoc Island
Holidays in Vietnam's Phu Quoc island will soon become synonymous with the Centara brand. The prestigious hotelier has recently signed the management deal for its second hotel on this unspoiled island. The soon-to-open Centara Beach Resort & Spa Phu Quoc has been described as "a highly desirable acquisition" for Centara and is expected to launch at some point between summer and autumn 2015.
Thailand-based hotel operator Centara Hotels & Resorts has acquired its third property in Vietnam, with its latest acquisition located on the island paradise of Phu Quoc.
The hotel company has signed a contract with property owners Binh Le Xuan Ltd Companies and Commercial Services and is now expected to launch the new Centara Beach Resort & Spa Phu Quoc at some point in Q3 2015. This most recent addition to Centara’s portfolio of Vietnam hotels is now one of two Centara hotels in Phu Quoc with its third hotel located in Da Nang- one of Vietnam’s most important port cities along with Ho Chi Minh City.
Of Centara’s most recent acquisition in one of Vietnam’s most coveted holiday destinations among hoteliers, Chris Bailey, the vice president of sale sand marketing for Centara Hotels & Resorts stated,
"This new resort is a highly desirable acquisition for us, because it has a different style and product focus than our other properties in the region so we will be able to expand our appeal to a wider cross-section of the market."
The new 143-room resort is expected to feature an all-day restaurant, a luxury swimming pool with a pool bar, a fully equipped gym, a Kid’s Club and guests will also be able to relax and unwind by pampering themselves with a luxury treatment in Centara’s award-winning Spa Cenvaree.
Centara’s CEO, Thirayuth Chirathiva has expressed his joy in the development of the Centara brand and is confident of the future growth of Vietnam’s tourism product thanks in part to the steady demand for holidays in Phu Quoc Island and other key destinations in Vietnam. He says of the new delevopment;
"I am proud to be overseeing the ongoing expansion of the Centara brand, and I expect great things of tourism in Vietnam in the years to come."
The appeal of holidays in Phu Quoc Island is not only due to its white sandy beaches and calm turquoise waters but also the fact that the majority of the island has been designated a National Park. Thanks to its unspoiled flora and fauna, this paradise, for many travellers, represents the ideal destination for a relaxing escape.
Phu Quoc Island offers world class scuba diving and snorkelling experiences and the island is a favourite among travellers interested in eco-friendly holidays in Vietnam.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Vietnam Browse all
A fantastic value trip, exploring Vietnam's most iconic cities and natural wonders with added downtime to relax on the beach
- English-speaking guides and entrance fees included
- Extend your holiday with a break in Cambodia or on the beaches of Phu Quoc
- Day cruise on Halong Bay with lunch included
An indepth exploration of Vietnam taking in Saigon, the Mekong Delta, Hoi An, Hue and Hanoi with time left over to relax on the beach
- Overnight cruise on a traditional Junk boat on Halong Bay with meals included
- Time to relax on the picturesque beaches of central Vietnam
- Local guides in each destination and entrance fees for all included sightseeing
Take a trip of a lifetime to the Nha Trang area that combines the rich heritage of Vietnam with the tranquillity of a secluded bay retreat
- Dine in an authentic hillside rock cave at the hotel for the perfect intimate date setting
- The resort offers a variety of dining experiences all with exceptional views out across the bay and the surrounding area
- Ideal for families as well as couples, with their dedicated Sub Club for children to take part in
Explore the most iconic sites of Indochina during the unforgettable Highlights of Indochina, Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos - Deluxe Tour
You will visit historical sites of Vietnam, discover the heritage of Laos, and explore the beautiful Angkor Complex in Cambodia.
- Tour around Ben Tre River in Vietnam and enjoy a variety of activities, including a visit to any of coconut processing workshops and riding a motocart through rice fields and vegetable plains.
- Watch the sun rise over the blue waters of tranquil Halong Bay, and then cruise through emerald waters of the Gulf of Tonkin.
- Participate in Baci Ceremony, an integral part of the Laos culture, and explore the Luang Prabang Night Market with its handmade textiles and local street food
Exotic and compelling, Vietnam is one of the most remarkable travel destinations in the world. The Essential Vietnam...
Wander from exciting cities to astonishing scenic beauty via peaceful beaches and the best preserved old towns in...
See all the most iconic sights of Indochina on this trip of a lifetime through Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. Explore the...
Discover some of the most amazing and iconic sights in the world on this simply stunning trip through Vietnam, Cambodia...