Dates announced for this year's Cubadisco International Fair
The 18th edition of Cubadisco International Fair, an event that celebrates and awards quality Cuban music, is due to take place from 15th to 24th May 2015. Attended by a long list of nominated Cuban musicians, some of which will perform while others will walk out with prizes and recognitions; this fair showcases the best of Cuban talent in the musical arts.
The dates for Cubadisco 2015, the event that best celebrates Cuban music every year, have been announced for 15 – 24th May.
Considered the Cuban Grammys, this most prestigious of annual event gathers the country’s best musical talent, stemming from all generations, paying homage to music veterans as well as promoting the country’s upcoming musical talents. Instrument players, orchestras, bands and solo artists from all corners of the island come here to put on a magnificent show that celebrates the many genres of Cuban music; from salsa and timba to son, contemporary fusion, trova and rumba, jazz, rock and rap & hip-hop without forgetting classical music.
Last year’s 18th edition was dedicated to percussion, from large conga drums to the iconic Cuban guiro; ll vital instruments in the composition of many Cuban and universal musical styles. The invited guest of honour was Trinidad and Tobago, with their contribution to music explored through their use of traditional steel bands, soul music and carnival music, famous the world over. Like in Cuba, the strong African influences help shape their musical heritage.
This year there will be many surprises and the event will be open to the public. If going on Cuba holidays during the music festival, tourists can book tickets to some of the many events taking place during the week-long celebrations. There will be special tourist packages provided by Paradiso, a company that specialises in Cultural Tourism and these included hotel stays in a choice of various Havana hotels, ranging in all categories from 3-star to 5-star luxury hotels. The package includes accommodation, airport transfers, full access to all events during the Cubadisco International Fair, or 19th Feria Internacional Cubadisco and personalised assistance in English.
The different activities, concerts and part will take place across different locations in Havana, from the Teatro Nacional de Cuba, Teatro Mella and Teatro Karl Marx, Casa de La Amistad, Palacio de la Rumba, among many others.
Lovers of Cuban music will have an ample choice of varied music genres to enjoy and concerts to attend throughout a jam-packed week of authentic rhythm and flair.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
Escape to the simply stunning warm waters of Varadero beach
- Enjoy an all-inclusive deal offering Italian and Cuban cuisines, 7 bars and a disco.
- Unwind with a massage or in the Jacuzzi and relish the relaxed, adults-only ambience.
- Enjoy a wide range of activities, including watersports, tennis, dance lessons and entertainment.
Enjoy an amazing twin centre full of enjoyment for everyone at occidental miramar and breezes bella costa
The two hotels combine for an amazing holiday experience fit for everyone from couples to families at occidental miramar and breezes bella
- The Memories Miramar Havana is located in an elegant residential neighbourhood of Miramar and enjoys beautiful ocean views
- Both hotels offer fantastic amenities and facilities which makes the hotels a great choice for both families and couples
- Bella Costa is located on one of the world's finest beaches - Varadero
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...