Dates announced for this year's Cubadisco International Fair
The 18th edition of Cubadisco International Fair, an event that celebrates and awards quality Cuban music, is due to take place from 15th to 24th May 2015. Attended by a long list of nominated Cuban musicians, some of which will perform while others will walk out with prizes and recognitions; this fair showcases the best of Cuban talent in the musical arts.
The dates for Cubadisco 2015, the event that best celebrates Cuban music every year, have been announced for 15 – 24th May.
Considered the Cuban Grammys, this most prestigious of annual event gathers the country’s best musical talent, stemming from all generations, paying homage to music veterans as well as promoting the country’s upcoming musical talents. Instrument players, orchestras, bands and solo artists from all corners of the island come here to put on a magnificent show that celebrates the many genres of Cuban music; from salsa and timba to son, contemporary fusion, trova and rumba, jazz, rock and rap & hip-hop without forgetting classical music.
Last year’s 18th edition was dedicated to percussion, from large conga drums to the iconic Cuban guiro; ll vital instruments in the composition of many Cuban and universal musical styles. The invited guest of honour was Trinidad and Tobago, with their contribution to music explored through their use of traditional steel bands, soul music and carnival music, famous the world over. Like in Cuba, the strong African influences help shape their musical heritage.
This year there will be many surprises and the event will be open to the public. If going on Cuba holidays during the music festival, tourists can book tickets to some of the many events taking place during the week-long celebrations. There will be special tourist packages provided by Paradiso, a company that specialises in Cultural Tourism and these included hotel stays in a choice of various Havana hotels, ranging in all categories from 3-star to 5-star luxury hotels. The package includes accommodation, airport transfers, full access to all events during the Cubadisco International Fair, or 19th Feria Internacional Cubadisco and personalised assistance in English.
The different activities, concerts and part will take place across different locations in Havana, from the Teatro Nacional de Cuba, Teatro Mella and Teatro Karl Marx, Casa de La Amistad, Palacio de la Rumba, among many others.
Lovers of Cuban music will have an ample choice of varied music genres to enjoy and concerts to attend throughout a jam-packed week of authentic rhythm and flair.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic Varadero City Tour
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Club Amigo Aguas Azules has to offer for an amazing price!
- All inclusive features a buffet restaurant, 2 a la carte restaurants and a choice of 4 bars (Local Sprits, Wine, beer & soft drinks served)
- Fantastic all-inclusive package with unlimited drinks 24/7
- Excellent selection of bars and restaurants Offers 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Experience Vibrant Havana and relaxing Varadero at melia habana hotel and melia marina varadero hotel during summer 2017
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero that will give you the perfect opportunity to explore all that Cuba has to offer at melia habana hotel and melia marina varadero hotel
- Melia Marina Varadero offers modern amenities and services including a fitness centre, spa and a kids club
- Exclusive extras are offered in both hotels, including a romantic dinner for two in Varadero and a half day tour in Havana
- Book early and benefit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Melia Habana enjoys an excellent location in Miramar, close to old Havana and offers stunning views of the city and its northern coast
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach.
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from Capri's rooftop swimming pool
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break at Blau Varadero, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a fantastic Havana City Tour
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, special room upgrade and other services
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...