Dates announced for this year's Cubadisco International Fair
The 18th edition of Cubadisco International Fair, an event that celebrates and awards quality Cuban music, is due to take place from 15th to 24th May 2015. Attended by a long list of nominated Cuban musicians, some of which will perform while others will walk out with prizes and recognitions; this fair showcases the best of Cuban talent in the musical arts.
The dates for Cubadisco 2015, the event that best celebrates Cuban music every year, have been announced for 15 – 24th May.
Considered the Cuban Grammys, this most prestigious of annual event gathers the country’s best musical talent, stemming from all generations, paying homage to music veterans as well as promoting the country’s upcoming musical talents. Instrument players, orchestras, bands and solo artists from all corners of the island come here to put on a magnificent show that celebrates the many genres of Cuban music; from salsa and timba to son, contemporary fusion, trova and rumba, jazz, rock and rap & hip-hop without forgetting classical music.
Last year’s 18th edition was dedicated to percussion, from large conga drums to the iconic Cuban guiro; ll vital instruments in the composition of many Cuban and universal musical styles. The invited guest of honour was Trinidad and Tobago, with their contribution to music explored through their use of traditional steel bands, soul music and carnival music, famous the world over. Like in Cuba, the strong African influences help shape their musical heritage.
This year there will be many surprises and the event will be open to the public. If going on Cuba holidays during the music festival, tourists can book tickets to some of the many events taking place during the week-long celebrations. There will be special tourist packages provided by Paradiso, a company that specialises in Cultural Tourism and these included hotel stays in a choice of various Havana hotels, ranging in all categories from 3-star to 5-star luxury hotels. The package includes accommodation, airport transfers, full access to all events during the Cubadisco International Fair, or 19th Feria Internacional Cubadisco and personalised assistance in English.
The different activities, concerts and part will take place across different locations in Havana, from the Teatro Nacional de Cuba, Teatro Mella and Teatro Karl Marx, Casa de La Amistad, Palacio de la Rumba, among many others.
Lovers of Cuban music will have an ample choice of varied music genres to enjoy and concerts to attend throughout a jam-packed week of authentic rhythm and flair.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your next summer holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Aug 2017
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31th Aug 2017
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...