Dates announced for this year's Cubadisco International Fair
The 18th edition of Cubadisco International Fair, an event that celebrates and awards quality Cuban music, is due to take place from 15th to 24th May 2015. Attended by a long list of nominated Cuban musicians, some of which will perform while others will walk out with prizes and recognitions; this fair showcases the best of Cuban talent in the musical arts.
The dates for Cubadisco 2015, the event that best celebrates Cuban music every year, have been announced for 15 – 24th May.
Considered the Cuban Grammys, this most prestigious of annual event gathers the country’s best musical talent, stemming from all generations, paying homage to music veterans as well as promoting the country’s upcoming musical talents. Instrument players, orchestras, bands and solo artists from all corners of the island come here to put on a magnificent show that celebrates the many genres of Cuban music; from salsa and timba to son, contemporary fusion, trova and rumba, jazz, rock and rap & hip-hop without forgetting classical music.
Last year’s 18th edition was dedicated to percussion, from large conga drums to the iconic Cuban guiro; ll vital instruments in the composition of many Cuban and universal musical styles. The invited guest of honour was Trinidad and Tobago, with their contribution to music explored through their use of traditional steel bands, soul music and carnival music, famous the world over. Like in Cuba, the strong African influences help shape their musical heritage.
This year there will be many surprises and the event will be open to the public. If going on Cuba holidays during the music festival, tourists can book tickets to some of the many events taking place during the week-long celebrations. There will be special tourist packages provided by Paradiso, a company that specialises in Cultural Tourism and these included hotel stays in a choice of various Havana hotels, ranging in all categories from 3-star to 5-star luxury hotels. The package includes accommodation, airport transfers, full access to all events during the Cubadisco International Fair, or 19th Feria Internacional Cubadisco and personalised assistance in English.
The different activities, concerts and part will take place across different locations in Havana, from the Teatro Nacional de Cuba, Teatro Mella and Teatro Karl Marx, Casa de La Amistad, Palacio de la Rumba, among many others.
Lovers of Cuban music will have an ample choice of varied music genres to enjoy and concerts to attend throughout a jam-packed week of authentic rhythm and flair.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Bella Costa
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th May 2017
Soak up the Caribbean sun on Varadero’s white sands
- The state of the art facilities and décor, that ensure a comfortable stay
- The daytime activities program & Kids club.
- The perfect location along one of the most spectacular stretches of beach in Cuba.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...